Kawhi Leonard trade and speculation thread (traded to Raptors for DeRozan)

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
..... the Spurs door! I would be "all in" on trying to lure Leonard to Chicago. After seeing Carter play a couple of summer league games, him, Laurie, and Leonard would make a formidable front line that could compete. I would put together whatever it takes to make it happen.

I made this trade on the trade machine and would throw in whatever draft picks it takes. I'm interested in hearing what people think it would take for this to happen. I realize it's probably a pipe dream with GarPax, but they could definitely increase their rep big time by landing Leonard.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The lakers are filling up on one year contracts so Kawhi can go there next year. Any other team trades for him its pretty much guaranteed to be a one and done.

I dont know what happened to Paul George and the lakers, did he know LeBron was going and did not want to be there then, or did he commit at the party before he realized LeBron was going there, or did he just not want to be the guy to blame when they did not make it to the finals. If Kawhi is going to pout and not play here, why give up anything for him?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The lakers are filling up on one year contracts so Kawhi can go there next year. Any other team trades for him its pretty much guaranteed to be a one and done.

I dont know what happened to Paul George and the lakers, did he know LeBron was going and did not want to be there then, or did he commit at the party before he realized LeBron was going there, or did he just not want to be the guy to blame when they did not make it to the finals. If Kawhi is going to pout and not play here, why give up anything for him?

leonard has said he wants to be in the la area and would also consider the 76ers...so to me the lakers, clippers and 76ers are teams that he would sign long term for.

As for the PG situation, okc took a gamble and OKC and westbrook rubbed off on him and it also helps that OKC offered PG an obscene amount of money.

As for the bulls, even if leonard wanted to go there the bulls have no assets outside WCJ and Lauri...I doubt they'd want lavine and that large amount of money he just got...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
leonard has said he wants to be in the la area and would also consider the 76ers...so to me the lakers, clippers and 76ers are teams that he would sign long term for.

As for the PG situation, okc took a gamble and OKC and westbrook rubbed off on him and it also helps that OKC offered PG an obscene amount of money.

As for the bulls, even if leonard wanted to go there the bulls have no assets outside WCJ and Lauri...I doubt they'd want lavine and that large amount of money he just got...

to the point though, either way if he came here you gotta think its one and done. Unless the plan is to flip him at the deadline and pick up some of the Laker cast offs, you know, the guys like Thomas that dont fit with Lebron, its probably going to mean taking Rondo back. The gamble would be if Ingram were one that was not fitting with the Lakers, but more probably its the ball circus.

Its also interesting on your trade machine, it claims the bulls would be -6 wins with getting Leonard and losing those three players.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I don't think Lavine can be traded until Jan or something due to the new contract.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
to the point though, either way if he came here you gotta think its one and done. Unless the plan is to flip him at the deadline and pick up some of the Laker cast offs, you know, the guys like Thomas that dont fit with Lebron, its probably going to mean taking Rondo back. The gamble would be if Ingram were one that was not fitting with the Lakers, but more probably its the ball circus.

Its also interesting on your trade machine, it claims the bulls would be -6 wins with getting Leonard and losing those three players.

I found that interesting as well, but would not be true, imo. The Bulls need to dump some players. SA just lost Parker. I'd almost take Leonard even for the year and take a chance he'll sign long term, especially if the Bulls could land Butler back with Kyrie as well. I bet Leonard would stay then.

All I know is Leonard would be a great fit, imo, and make the Bulls competitive. Even if he leaves, it would create enough for two max contracts next year.

I also read that Leonard did not want to go to a super team. I heard LA was not as attractive once LAbron signed.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Ahhhhhhhhh Leonard ..... oh well, but hey, Jabari would be a great addition if not the knee worries. So we'll have to see how that unfolds, but I love the addition to the roster. They started the dump process a little. Now we need to take a big shit!

So here's the roster right now, how do we feel about that?

============ 2018 Chicago Bulls Roster =============

PG - Kris Dunn | Cameron Payne | Ryan Arcidiacono |

SG - Zach LaVine | Justin Holiday | Antonio Blakeney |

PF - Lauri Markkanen | Bobby Portis |

SF - Jabari Parker | Denzel Valentine | Chandler Hutchison |

C - Robin Lopez | Wendell Carter Jr | Omer Asik | Cristiano Felicio |

==========================================

I like the way the roster's shaping up. I'd love to see a PG push Dunn to backup. Then, one more impact player could make the Bulls competitive, imo.

Stay tuned ..... :bullbang:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That roster is going to look great as the #7 seed in the East!!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You are only in basketball hell if you are old and the assets are dimininshing in value. That is not the case with the Bulls.

I thought basketball hell was when you are not good enough to win the finals and not bad enough to get a lottery pick.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think Lavine can be traded until Jan or something due to the new contract.

I dont think any teams are dumb enough, save for the Kings, to trade for LaVine

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ahhhhhhhhh Leonard ..... oh well, but hey, Jabari would be a great addition if not the knee worries. So we'll have to see how that unfolds, but I love the addition to the roster. They started the dump process a little. Now we need to take a big shit!

So here's the roster right now, how do we feel about that?

============ 2018 Chicago Bulls Roster =============

PG - Kris Dunn | Cameron Payne | Ryan Arcidiacono |

SG - Zach LaVine | Justin Holiday | Antonio Blakeney |

PF - Lauri Markkanen | Bobby Portis |

SF - Jabari Parker | Denzel Valentine | Chandler Hutchison |

C - Robin Lopez | Wendell Carter Jr | Omer Asik | Cristiano Felicio |

==========================================

I like the way the roster's shaping up. I'd love to see a PG push Dunn to backup. Then, one more impact player could make the Bulls competitive, imo.

Stay tuned ..... :bullbang:

I have a feeling that Parker will get the first rest and then come back in at the 4 when Laurie gets his rest. Zach might come in and get some 3 minutes if Holiday is still on the court. They still have to decide on paying portis as well, Felicio is the third center, Asik will be in street clothes. They will start Lopez in an attempt to move him to a contender, but I cant see him getting more than 20 minutes a game. The interesting lineup will be Dunn, Payne, Lavine, Parker and Markanen and be pretty tough for teams to match up with.

Pretty much the same as usual though, you grab the lead, you force teams to match up to you.

Its just waiting to see how long these guys will last. My biggest concern is the Lavine contract. If he gets it in his head that he gets hurt he loses millions, we wont see the real him til his contract year. At least Jabari is basically in two contract years back to back.

I dont have alot of confidence in Valentine or Portis long term, and the moves they made make it look like Garpax dont have a whole lot of confidence in them either.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I dont think any teams are dumb enough, save for the Kings, to trade for LaVine

Dude, I just responded to this. No one suggested this trade.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Which is why I said bring in a starting PG and a wing (or as I said "Impact Player") and see .... but you wanna be a punk ...

You asked what we thought of the roster as currently constructed. Now you get mad at me because I answered your question.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I would just rather see a more experienced coach handling these guys. Its easy to hate on Garpax, but blink and they have assembled a core of lottery picks, with Lopez probably starting for now, but Payne, Valentine and Carter as your 8 and Justin Holiday as 9. Probably alot of teams would be happy with this lineup, but they need to share the ball and play some level of D to keep the other team below 110.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will not be happy until Payne is off this team. Dude is straight garbage