Quantifiable reasons to believe in Mich?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Everyone already mentioned all the stuff I would say. Simply put he passed the eyeball test. His coaches and teammates believe in him too.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the eyeball test is positive. So is his athletic ability, being able to “make all the throws”, and running the ball. He has some issues but he’s young and will get better coaching in a better offense. Oh, sure, he can still bust but right now, for many, there is reason for cautious optimism.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He was statistically one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the league despite having a terrible receiving corps and an O-Line that did him no favors.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
DaHTbyuWsAALcXj.jpg

DcwObC-W0AEbL5f.jpg

DWAO6hVW0AEcCBV.jpg

C_AdBMIWAAE9sWi.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And lots of people on here bash his sack-eating. While it does suck, id much rather he just eat it instead of just chuckin it up to get rid of it. Sacks dont piss me off nearly as much as stupid turnovers.

Those aren't the only two options tho...

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
When guys are in his face before he can drop 3 steps back, those kind of are the only options. If the situation permits, yeah he can throw it away, run, or dump it off. Im just saying i like the fact that he doesn't throw it where/when he shouldn't in the face of pressure as many rookie QB's do. I dont see him panicking, which is pretty damn important.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know where I am at... trying to get others to explain what they like.

He was playing in the worst offense I have ever seen designed and called. He was playing with 0 weapons around him.

Through that he managed to stay poised and play competent football, at times he made plays only 4-5 guys in the NFL can make.

“Meh” is a box score reaction.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
He was playing in the worst offense I have ever seen designed and called. He was playing with 0 weapons around him.

Through that he managed to stay poised and play competent football, at times he made plays only 4-5 guys in the NFL can make.

“Meh” is a box score reaction.

Boom! Finally.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would describe last season as solid, considering the circumstances, with sprinkles of special.

Can those special moments (2x Baltimore throws, 4th Down scramble against the Lions etc) become more frequent and can his solid plays in between become consistently good? We will see.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Also, for as high as I am on Mitch, I do think we need to temper our expectations...he was obviously behind the 8 ball last year and I think if you expect him to all of a sudden become a top 10 QB next year might be a little too optimistic....I expect a big step....but I do think there will be some more growing pains...especially in a complex offense....but if I had to guess next years line:

3800 yds
26 TDs
13 INTs
65% completions

Those are raw numbers obviously...hopefully he doesn't take too many unnecessary sacks or lose too many fumbles....but I would be very happy with that stat line and think those are the numbers we should reasonably be expecting next year. And if the defense takes another step forward, that's a team that should compete for a playoff spot. Bear down, bitches.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitchell Trubisky threw 39 seam passes in 2017 and was accurate on 28 of them. Only Aaron Rodgers was more accurate on seam throws than he was.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You just gotta watch the tape man. The stats won’t do him any justice but as the season went on he got better and better. The Baltimore, New Orleans, and the first Detroit game stick out because it really shows his “it” factor. Personally I think having “it” is one of if not the most important traits for a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Also, for as high as I am on Mitch, I do think we need to temper our expectations...he was obviously behind the 8 ball last year and I think if you expect him to all of a sudden become a top 10 QB next year might be a little too optimistic....I expect a big step....but I do think there will be some more growing pains...especially in a complex offense....but if I had to guess next years line:

3800 yds
26 TDs
13 INTs
65% completions

Those are raw numbers obviously...hopefully he doesn't take too many unnecessary sacks or lose too many fumbles....but I would be very happy with that stat line and think those are the numbers we should reasonably be expecting next year. And if the defense takes another step forward, that's a team that should compete for a playoff spot. Bear down, bitches.

That’d be a fantastic season for a quarterback’s first full year. I’d be really happy with that.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitchell Trubisky threw 39 seam passes in 2017 and was accurate on 28 of them. Only Aaron Rodgers was more accurate on seam throws than he was.

And there’s all kinds of advanced stats like that that look deeper than the typical stat line, that back up Trubisky’s incredible potential. He’s top 2 in throwing catchable balls to receivers. He also had one of the best deep-ball accuracies. These aren’t things that would happen if he wasn’t a good quarterback.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was sacked on 10% of his dropbacks, a terrible stat. So can both Trubisky AND the offensive line substantially improve?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was sacked on 10% of his dropbacks, a terrible stat. So can both Trubisky AND the offensive line substantially improve?

Just as much about play calling.

Run, run, pass, allows teams to get their best pass rushers on the field for most of your throwing attempts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's a crap-shoot but here goes...

I think Mitch will throw for 3,300 yards with 30 TDs and 10 picks. 3 rushing TDs...

I have Watson (if healthy) at 4,000 yards with 38 TDs and 15 picks. 2 rushing TDs because I think he goes easy on the run this year...

I'm thinking Mahomes will be at 3,800 yards with 27 TDs and 16 picks. 3 rushing TDs...