IST: Cubs @ Padres

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the season ended today, is Javy Baez the NL MVP?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Looks like Javy doing Javy things.

Really wish I could watch some games this year. I have literally maybe seen one full game, part of opening day and then just random highlights. Sucks living with no Internet ha. Fuck my life.

Lucky for you Javy is on highlight reels 4 times a week.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Chance to pull ahead before the break..

f122abbfb26a60739ffb6995e33ddad7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Looks like Javy doing Javy things.

Really wish I could watch some games this year. I have literally maybe seen one full game, part of opening day and then just random highlights. Sucks living with no Internet ha. Fuck my life.

Why do you not have internet access at home? Just wondering.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If the season ended today, is Javy Baez the NL MVP?

No. He is the Cubs MVP.

By WAR it is DeGromm and Nola. Philly takes the east I would be inclined that way. That team has made strides this year and he has been key.

Javy is a highlight reel but he is near 2 WAR behind them.

Hitters wise there is an arguement but the league is more pitching dominated this year.

AL is a better battle honestly. Bo-Sox, Yanks and Stroes are representing with Trout ahead of them. All are 4+WAR.

I’m pretty sure that Javy’s OBA is dragging him down. It is not piss poor like before but .327 is not better that his peers. Even Rizzo mired in a season long slump is above him.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Why do you not have internet access at home? Just wondering.

Because I'm probably the only person who doesn't have Internet haha. Or cable. So I can only watch Saturday baseball on Fox.

I just use the hotspot on my phone so I can use this ancient iPad to post here and shit haha pretty much sucks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because I'm probably the only person who doesn't have Internet haha. Or cable. So I can only watch Saturday baseball on Fox.

I just use the hotspot on my phone so I can use this ancient iPad to post here and shit haha pretty much sucks.

Is your phone provider T-Mobile?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Chance to pull ahead before the break..

f122abbfb26a60739ffb6995e33ddad7.jpg

Brewers lost 2nd game of DH..

Cubs a full game up going into tonight..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs best record in the NL. Man, just think if this team didnt suck
Just think if their rotation was stable and offense was more consistent, theyd be right up there with the Redsox and Astros playing well over .600 baseball instead of hanging around
.550 to .580

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just think if their rotation was stable and offense was more consistent, theyd be right up there with the Redsox and Astros playing well over .600 baseball instead of hanging around
.550 to .580

Just think if they didn’t want any of their games. Think where they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
No. He is the Cubs MVP.

By WAR it is DeGromm and Nola. Philly takes the east I would be inclined that way. That team has made strides this year and he has been key.

Javy is a highlight reel but he is near 2 WAR behind them.

Hitters wise there is an arguement but the league is more pitching dominated this year.

AL is a better battle honestly. Bo-Sox, Yanks and Stroes are representing with Trout ahead of them. All are 4+WAR.

I’m pretty sure that Javy’s OBA is dragging him down. It is not piss poor like before but .327 is not better that his peers. Even Rizzo mired in a season long slump is above him.

Pitchers shouldn't be eligible for the MVP; they have their own award. There's 8 NL position players within .4 fWAR of each other and Baez is one of them, so as of the ASB he has a legit case.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Brew Crew/Braves in free fall. Plenty of prospects in those organizations, they need to make some trades to keep up with the Cubs

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Brew Crew/Braves in free fall. Plenty of prospects in those organizations, they need to make some trades to keep up with the Cubs

They're not in free fall. They've just regressed to only one game above their Pythagorean. Good news is that the Cubs, even with their success of late, are still 3 games below theirs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Philly upped their offer for Manny. NYY wants him so they can flip their 3B for pitching. Add they have a ML ready 3B in the pipe. Crew should be getting their ace back so they should be boosted by that alone. I think they are good enough to hold a WC slot as is.

ATL needs a boost. Manny would push them and they have the prospect weight. Put Manny on Philly and they are pretty hard to beat.

I honestly believe most teams are aiming at Manny right now. Cubs could do what NYY are thinking in trade for Manny then flip Russell for a arm but NY has more trade capital

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They're not in free fall. They've just regressed to only one game above their Pythagorean. Good news is that the Cubs, even with their success of late, are still 3 games below theirs.

1-6 in their last 7 looks like a freefall to me especially considering both teams are under .500

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that they moved Lester behind Hendricks to line up the 2nd half. Q should be on for the 2nd half then Hendrick and Lester are on regular rest. That pushes Montgomery and Chatwood back further.

I was watching some of the game last night local in SD. They were talked by that Chatwood has used 80% hard and 20% off speed. As they count a cutter as a fastball variant. So he has pretty much been going at one speed. Hard with 2 /4 and a cut grip.

Almost never uses a curve or change any more.

I really don’t know why. Maybe due to his delivery. It is pretty violent looking.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
You know what? Slowly and almost unnoticeably, Baez has been free-swinging at shit way out of the zone less and less. Drew another non-intentional walk last night. And in his AB in the first, here, I almost didn't mind the called strike-out. It was a ball that painted the outside corner, just barely picking up the black. Even three weeks ago, Javy is swinging and missing at that.

His recent hot streak seems to have been accompanied by a definite shift towards a little plate discipline. He's never gonna lead the league in OBP, but it's a good sign, I think... :)