IST: Cubs @ Padres

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cain made one of the worst reads on a flyball you'll ever see on Bell's double.

And yet the runner was out by 15 feet if the catcher doesn't miss the ball. Wow, what a turnaround for Milwaukee this week.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
8 games better, relative to first place, than in 2017.

Only one game behind 2016 team as far as record at this point, though that team had a 7.5 game lead.

Pretty good considering we have not gotten anything from our FA starter (which we very well may in the next few months), and with two other starters pitching below their capabilities.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Can't believe that fatass Schwarber gained back all the weight he lost.

He didn't. Just because you lose weight doesn't mean you gain a neck, if you never had one in the first place... ;)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You've been singing this guy's praises forever. I always liked him but never in a million years thought he would develop into potentially a 5 tool player. Kudos for seeing what most of us were missing.

I’ve watched him play a ton in the minors and he was always big time. What caught my eye besides his natural skills was he always got better. He had a lil wake up call at 21 but he kept working. All he does is work. He wants to be the best and with that skill set. I just kept seeing a star. He had to learn control and learn to be him. The Cubs saw that and that’s how Maddie approaches him. He is flashy and he does fire himself up. But, he is humble to take direction. He plays for his family and he played for his sister. I just couldn’t see him failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahem. Ahem! :)

Baez is mine. I have been on his side since he was drafted. I had many hand cramps being a Baez fan boy. He isn’t yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Baez is mine. I have been on his side since he was drafted. I had many hand cramps being a Baez fan boy. He isn’t yours

Javi is all of ours right now. However, even I will validate your Javiness from the beginning.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Christopher Kamka

@ckamka
7h7 hours ago
More
#Cubs run differential at the All-Star Break

2016: +139
2017: 0
2018: +114

Granted the have played 5 more games this year than 2016 at the same point but found this interesting.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Granted the have played 5 more games this year than 2016 at the same point but found this interesting.

And if they play at their typical second half clip, they'll be the most bitched-about 100-win team in baseball history.