IST: Cubs @ Padres

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Cubs-vs.-Padres.gif

Petco Park- San Diego, CA

7/13 9:10 PM CDT

Chatwood (3-5, 5.01 ERA) vs Richard (7-8, 4.50 ERA)

7/14 9:10 PM CDT

Hendricks (5-8, 3.93 ERA) vs Perdomo (1-3, 7.09 ERA)

7/15 3:10 PM CDT

Lester (11-2, 2.45 ERA) vs Lauer (5-5, 4.40 ERA)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did they purposely switch Lester and Hendricks so he wouldn't pitch in the all star game?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Did they purposely switch Lester and Hendricks so he wouldn't pitch in the all star game?

Does it matter? He got pick to a game that holds no value other than a circus show. Rather have him on normal rest.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Does it matter? He got pick to a game that holds no value other than a circus show. Rather have him on normal rest.

what is your point? Normal rest that seems so important to you would have him pitching on Saturday.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to hear the logic on this one.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
In sure it was a mutual choice ..
He probably didn't care to pitch and just wanted to relax and enjoy it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, I fully realize that injuries can happen at any time but how would anyone here feel about Lester catching a comebacker off his knee and getting knocked out for 6 weeks? In the dumbass All-Star game. The Cubs don't need to be taking that risk.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ok, I fully realize that injuries can happen at any time but how would anyone here feel about Lester catching a comebacker off his knee and getting knocked out for 6 weeks? In the dumbass All-Star game. The Cubs don't need to be taking that risk.

I think he is more worried about catching a comebacker and throwing the ball into the first base dugout. You are supposed to say, "The cubs need Lester pitching in the all star game to get home field advantage in the World Series." Lets see how that one works out.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I think he is more worried about catching a comebacker and throwing the ball into the first base dugout. You are supposed to say, "The cubs need Lester pitching in the all star game to get home field advantage in the World Series." Lets see how that one works out.

The All-Star game no longer has any bearing on the WS.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Dummest post right here

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Let’s see: 2016 lost ASG. went into WS away team and won because they had Schwarber as the DH.

This year same thing.

That is why it is dumb. Cubs are better in a AL environment.

So why would you risk injuring your ace on a circus show? Because the ASG means anything?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Keep judging, your day will come, hopefully in a much more important place than a forum.

Not much judgement when you pretty much announce who you are then go on to emphasize it.

You know if they just let Jon pitch that pointless game and he ended up pulling a lat like Alozay did and they lost him for the season. How should you feel about that? Losing the season on a game that holds no bearing on the season.

Would you feel better knowing that Jon entertained you on a evening sipping your beer feeling great about having a pen stripe representing

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Honestly why are people arguing about Lester pitching in the All Star game? If it were his first appearance there and he skipped it ok w/e. But this isn't his first rodeo. Frankly think it's rather refreshing to see new faces in the game rather than trotting out the same names every year. He got the acknowledgement that he deserved to be there and that's frankly all that matters. The experience itself isn't that important once you've had it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think he might get a bonus clause fir it. That is typical. Should get it regardless.

I honestly prefer the way football handles it. After the season. They get that it is a exhibition game and don’t let it interfere with the season.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keep judging, your day will come, hopefully in a much more important place than a forum.

Yes, the lowly baseball forum. Funny thing that it doesn't seem to stop you from entertaining us with your buffoonery.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Well, for good or for ill, we're close to having the opening day bullpen back. We have Norwood for Butler, and Rosario for Monty. The other six 'pen guys are now the same ones who started the season.

Feels good to have survived sporting the Iowa Cubs bullpen for about a month and not really losing any ground from it... :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I swear, i hope i never see Chatwood start another game for the cubs after today...

Gotta be tough for the hitters thinking they have to play perfect defense and score a bunch of runs when he starts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice Baez