Is Jordan Howard a top five RB?

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything but the last part.

If a Bears CB can go from absolute stone hands to a good receiver in one off-season (forget the name and too lazy to look it up)

Tim Jennings. I'm also a believer that Howard can improve his pass-catching. I think he'll do well in the screen-game and be a fairly reliable check-down type back this year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was Forte's and McCoy's time. Ever hear of Marshall Faulk, Thurman Thomas, Reggie Bush, Eric Metcalf, Ronnie Harmon? No one reinvented the wheel here. WTF are you trying to rationalize. If you excel at one facette, it will outweigh an deficiency elsewhere.

Personally, I don't care where he's ranked. I just want an O that can score without a top 5 back whether he is or isn't one.

Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew and the list goes on and on. These trolls act like pass catching backs just became a thing.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I agree with everything but the last part.

If a Bears CB can go from absolute stone hands to a good receiver in one off-season (forget the name and too lazy to look it up), Howard can definitely improve his receiving to become a serviceable receiver, not a great receiver.

Remember that he didn't have to receive in college because that is what they expected of him. He gets to the Bears and Fox expects the same damn thing that he was expected to do in college. Now that he has a modern day coach, he is expected to receive so he is and will practice how to receive.

I hope you're right. I believe he could become effective, just not great like Gurly. 300 receiving yards maybe?

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Anyone that doubts Howard is moron, he's clearly top 5.

Pace set this team up and had his eye on his guy for a few years, to succeed in the NFL is with mis matches and that's what Howard and Cohen will provide.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Anyone that doubts Howard is moron, he's clearly top 5.

Pace set this team up and had his eye on his guy for a few years, to succeed in the NFL is with mis matches and that's what Howard and Cohen will provide.

No one doubts the guy. They just think there are more well-rounded guys in the top five. We're all glad he's here.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think he will reproduce or even come close too his rookie season numbers?
Probably not the YPC(5.1 is pretty high in general), but in terms of yds and TDs? Yes. Last season he stilled averaged nearly 100 yards on the ground per game, and had 7 TDs in 10 games.

I'm skeptical since during his rook year he and dak and zero tape on them and the Cowboys had offensive weapons
You mean Dez, who had 50 receptions that year...and Witten?

And certainly offenses can plan more for Dak and Zeke now, that's true. Doesn't help that Garrett seems to run a cookie cutter offense. Zeke was fine last season though. The bigger issues for Dak to me was losing Zeke as someone who was shouldering the load on offense and garnering defensive attention, plus Tyron Smith's injury. Dak is still the type of QB that needs a good support system to let him play at his best, particularly with making good decisions(a la Russell Wilson early in his career).

This year I couldnt name a WR on the team

Well we lost Terrance Williams, Bryant and Witten. Those hurt but Bryant is seriously in decline and was not an efficient target for Dak. Williams was solid but had 0 TDs. Witten was reliable in the end zone, but his limited mobility hindered his bigger play effectiveness outside the red zone.

Allen Hurns is quite solid and I hope he will get to shine more with the Cowboys. We drafted Michael Gallup, who is a good athlete and I think he'll definitely get some looks.

We still have Cole Beasley, who was the leading receiver on that 2016 team.

Not going to deny we downgraded on the receiving side, but it's not like we had Fitzgerald,Boldin, and Breaston out there each getting 1,000+ yards receiving. The team's bread and butter is the run game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I hope you're right. I believe he could become effective, just not great like Gurly. 300 receiving yards maybe?

And that is exactly what I am thinking. I don't expect him to suddenly become a wide receiver with a running back number, but I expect him to catch a larger percentage more of passes thrown to him.

Mauled By Bears

Liked Posts:
A lot of homers itt

Howard is an easy to root for no nonsense downhill low bend runner, but he’s not elite. He’s just not well-rounded enough to compare to the 3-down, route running, power/speed backs that make up the true top 5.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of homers itt

Howard is an easy to root for no nonsense downhill low bend runner, but he’s not elite. He’s just not well-rounded enough to compare to the 3-down, route running, power/speed backs that make up the true top 5.
It's like you don't even know Jordan.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I, no doubt, take Johnson, Bell, Gurley, and Elliott over Howard. After that, you can certainly argue him as the 5th, but his lack of catching ability probably drops him out of the top five if we're being realistic. Kamara and Hunt could be argued as better with one or two more dynamic seasons, and saying Freeman is better than Howard isn't unrealistic either. As a Bears fan, I take Howard over Freeman, but objectively, it's hard to argue against Freeman being better overall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one doubts the guy. They just think there are more well-rounded guys in the top five. We're all glad he's here.

I think some can't come to term with one cut backs as being special. It's not dancing with the stars.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Definitely not top 5, but that doesn't mean he's not damn good in his own right.