Is Jordan Howard a top five RB?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and why listen to Demarco Murray? He just mad he had no staying power in the NFL.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And no way Fournette and Johnson belong in top 5. Why you on Murray's dick, OP?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is. Consider how often we hear about the predictability of Fox's play calling, yet Howard still ends up with the 6th highest rushing yards in the league. The guy gets disrespected constantly.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Yes.

The only guy's I'd put unquestionably ahead of him are Bell...and that's it.

Zeke is probably the most overrated back in the league. He has arguably the best offensive line in the league to run in front of and some legitimate offensive weapons, while Howard is stuck with woefully terrible playcalling from Fox/Loggains, and a decent, but not great OL, not to mention zero offensive receiving weapons.

Personally, I have him third or fourth. I have Bell at 1, Gurley at 2, possibly him or David Johnson, then Elliott. Shady is a huge question mark, given all the crap going on off the field right now and because he's getting up there in age and has a ton of mileage on him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol at fournette at 5. Not sure he was even top 15 last year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol at fournette at 5. Not sure he was even top 15 last year.

Blake Bortles was the QB and Allen Robinson & Hurns both got injuried.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look at it this way. Howard managed to still get a thousand yards rushing last year despite us having Glennon and a rookie QB

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Your fucking high of course these two are in the conversation. No one knows who's best in the end, but they are clearly competing.
And no way Fournette and Johnson belong in top 5. Why you on Murray's dick, OP?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Bell and Gurley are better.

Kamara needs another season, but if he does what he does again and Howard stays somewhat the same than Kamara is better too.

He's def top 5.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's tough to say. I don't see a whole lot of top tier backs that I would rather have than Howard, but I also don't see Howard as having the physical skills of an elite player.

His speed and agility clearly aren't elite (not his game) and his power is certainly a strength, but I don't consider it elite either. IMO his best attributes are his vision and decisiveness. Plus that ignores the passing game, which is a HUGE part of the game for a modern RB.

Based on that alone, I wouldn't consider him an elite player. He may still be top 5 RB because I don't see five guys where you can't pick apart their game, and what Howard does, he does well.

So I've effectively talked in a circle. As much of a cop out as it is, I want to see what happens when he gets a better supporting cast. He may use the improvements in talent and (hopefully) playcalling and improve his efficiency (not that he was in any way inefficient as a runner before, but continued growth is always a good thing), or he could slowly work his way to a specific role. I'm not the biggest Howard fan (I like him, but not a must have centerpiece if I was building the team), but I don't have a great track record on evaluating RBs, so take that for what it's worth.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I’d say yes

1. Bell
2. Johnson
3. Gurley
4. Howard
5. Elliott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bell
Johnson
Gurley
No brainer better all around backs

Elliott
Probably

McCoy
Kamara
Debatable

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think Devonta Freeman is ahead of Cook and Gordon.

Freeman has averaged almost 1500 yards from scrimmage and over 11 TDs over the last 3 years. He's no doubt top 10.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
SpamClassic_Instagram.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
50181336.jpg

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is. Consider how often we hear about the predictability of Fox's play calling, yet Howard still ends up with the 6th highest rushing yards in the league. The guy gets disrespected constantly.

Because its John Fox's Bears. If the offense turns it around, and it should given the apparent talent infusion, Howard will get his props. He may not get as many touches but the touches he gets should have more potential as other teams won't be stacking the box. He'll be fine. Top 5? I don't know, probably not but he is plenty good enough!