Individual Perimeter D is grossly overrated

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Jabari Parker agrees with the OP:

"I just stick to my strengths," he said on 670 The Score in Chicago Wednesday. "Look at everybody in the league. They don't pay players to play defense. There's only two people historically that play defense. I'm not going to say I won't, but to say that's a weakness is like saying that's everybody's weakness. Because I've scored 30 and 20 on a lot of guys that say they play defense."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...parker-says-better-offense-wins-championships

Jabari must not have any clue who Andre Roberson is

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Good thing Wendell Carter showed a knack for blocking shots in the summer league. He's going to have the opportunity to block a lot with all the players that will blow by Zach and Jabari.

Good point but, to me, the best thing WCJ showed me, was well, perimeter defense. He can be the big on a pick & roll, but he can stay with a G with his perimeter defense and then, his rim protection overall. He stayed with a G driving to the rim and stuffed the shot. Then he played defense on the shift and held his ground against Trae Young, and then stuffed Young's step back attempt.

To me, the idea that perimeter defense is overrated is plain absurd. That's my opinion. Furthermore, why can't you have a great team defense concept full of great perimeter defenders? Even better!

Also, Parker was limited with his defense, but will get better assuming he stay's healthy. Hutch is a 3 and D guy. I think the Bulls will be better defensively then people are giving them credit here, imo.

Carry on ...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Thats a Derrick level comment from Jabari.

Hes basically saying "Play Defense? nah man no thanks"

I agree, and it's concerning for me, and why he gets his rap. I wonder how Jimmy Butler would respond to that though. I'd love to see the doberman D in today's game. Defense wins Championships. Great Offense gets you to the dance.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I like defense. Watching a team legitimately frustrate the hell out of competition on a regular basis is the most entertaining kind of basketball, and part of that requires defense. Individual and team.

But if Jabari's ass can cash the checks his mouth writes, WGAF?

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jabari must not have any clue who Andre Roberson is

He also knows he makes 20 million to 10 million for Andre. He also gets more per year then Smart. Scores get paid. Defenders always are paid less.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Defenders always are paid less.

Jerry is cheap. As you said, defenders are paid less.

What's the problem here? Prime opportunity to build a defensive super team.