Kevin White will probably start in 2018

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Disagree. Even without AR and KW we are way better off then last year.

At WR? If Robinson and White goes down who do we have? A rookie slot reciever who is unproven, Taylor Gabriel who's never been an everydown back and Marlon Brown/Bennie Fowler who would struggle to nake most rosters.

It may be better or worse depending hiw the unknowns do. If Gabriel is Bears bedt reciever nexy year we are in trouble.

WR 1: Taylor Gabriel
WR 2: Brown/Fowler
Slot: Anthony Miller

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want AR, Burton, Miller and Gabriel on the field as much as possible. Those are our best receiving threats, imo.

Miller hasen't played a preseason game yet but he's one of the best on the Bears?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Miller hasen't played a preseason game yet but he's one of the best on the Bears?

Did I say that? Based on what he did in college and how he will fit in Nagy's scheme, I would not be surprised if he had a much bigger impact on the season then many think. Meanwhile, White has played in 5 games in 3 years, has completely lost his speed which was his only real attribute coming out because he can't run a route to safe his life and you want to label him a starter.

Obviously, the Bears will let it play out and see what happens, but I don't suspect White will be a huge contributor. Nagy practically hand picked Miller and moved up in the 2nd to draft him so I imagine he has some plans for him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can stay healthy judging by Trubisky's Instagram they've spent a lot of time together and he's gotten plently of praise this off season.

WR 1: Allen Robinson, Marlon Brown, Josh Bellamy
WR 2: Kevin White, Javon Wims
Slot: Anthony Miller, Taylor Gabriel

PS: Tanner Gentry Bennie Fowler

[video=youtube_share;mueGWyQorWE]https://youtu.be/mueGWyQorWE[/video]

That Taylor Gabriel signing will end up being awful if he is relegated to being a back up at a position he doesn’t even play.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Robinson, Burton, Miller, Cohen + GronkSheen.

Will be our hybrid FU to the D ... Watch.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That Taylor Gabriel signing will end up being awful if he is relegated to being a back up at a position he doesn’t even play.

He's a situationial player and probably not build to be an everydown back but expect to see him on the field a lot runinng screen passes, deep ball spreading out the field, and on special teams punt return.

Sanu played slot for the Falcons but Nagy runs a different system than the Falcons. Former Chiefs slot reciever averaged 13.2 yards passing even though Wilson is one inch taller and more stock it could be a good fit with White at the Tyreek Hill role if the hype is real.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At WR? If Robinson and White goes down who do we have? A rookie slot reciever who is unproven, Taylor Gabriel who's never been an everydown back...

He's a situationial player and probably not build to be an everydown back...

I suppose it's a good thing he's not a back.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did I say that? Based on what he did in college and how he will fit in Nagy's scheme, I would not be surprised if he had a much bigger impact on the season then many think. Meanwhile, White has played in 5 games in 3 years, has completely lost his speed which was his only real attribute coming out because he can't run a route to safe his life and you want to label him a starter.

Obviously, the Bears will let it play out and see what happens, but I don't suspect White will be a huge contributor. Nagy practically hand picked Miller and moved up in the 2nd to draft him so I imagine he has some plans for him.

Lost his speed? That's speculative bull honkey, he ran a 4.35 at the combine but I'd wager at worst he's a 4.4 or 4.5 guy at worst know and seeing his workouts he looks like he's in better shape now.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'd play the same money we paid for Taylor Gabriel to Tarik Cohen he's not always on the field but he is a difference maker.

Yeah I agree from what little we have seen from Tarik he seems to be a real difference maker. It would be a crazy problem to have too many weapons next year, but if Gabriel is only able to play a back up role of slot receiver that contract is going to be terrible for the next 3 years.

Granted, if Gabriel is relegated to back up slot receiver then it's pretty safe to say that Pace would have absolutely nailed the off season as far as adding offensive weapons.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont give a fuck who starts as long as its the best players. If White is healthy, stays healthy, and outplays the others then the coaches are idiots to not start him.

Im tired of politics and money determining who starts.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lost his speed? That's speculative bull honkey, he ran a 4.35 at the combine but I'd wager at worst he's a 4.4 or 4.5 guy at worst know and seeing his workouts he looks like he's in better shape now.

The reason he was good in college was because he took his 4.3 speeds at 3* CBs and went deep. He has now lost a step through injuries and can't run a route tree. From everything I've read, Nagy has a complex route tree. Best of luck to him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This receiving corps requires a lot of faith in injuries not striking again. We know that the NFL has nearly a 100 percent injury rate. We also know that past injuries are the best indicator of future injuries. We also know the Bears have injury-prone players.

I'm optimistic for the promise of this receiving corps and their skill sets. But the realist in me just wants to wait and see and hope for the best.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At WR? If Robinson and White goes down who do we have? A rookie slot reciever who is unproven, Taylor Gabriel who's never been an everydown back and Marlon Brown/Bennie Fowler who would struggle to nake most rosters.

It may be better or worse depending hiw the unknowns do. If Gabriel is Bears bedt reciever nexy year we are in trouble.

WR 1: Taylor Gabriel
WR 2: Brown/Fowler
Slot: Anthony Miller

We have an O that can adjust and get guys open with a system.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Robinson, Burton, Miller, Cohen + GronkSheen.

Will be our hybrid FU to the D ... Watch.

It amounts to a 2 year, $6m per deal with a $2m out. Not great but far from a disaster. He's the kind of player that even if he doesn't start can help you win an extra game or 2 a year part time. If that happens, he's more than worth it.