Kevin White will probably start in 2018

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
That would be awesome if White stays healthy enough to be a starter. It would be a big win for us.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I will add is, IF White is the starter day 1, then he deserves it. We go from there.

Edit: Learning a new offense probably puts him on the same footing with everyone else. Overcoming two sever leg injuries to be considered starter material is a testament to his work ethic, IF he makes it. You would want him on the team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know Robinson is saying he will be ready, but arent doctors still telling him to wait til mid season?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I know Robinson is saying he will be ready, but arent doctors still telling him to wait til mid season?

No. He was hurt in early September. He will be ready. He may not be the same Robinson at the beginning of the year but he should get better as the year goes on.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think he'll be given every opportunity to win a starting spot, but there's no guarantee he's anywhere near the same player we drafted in the first.

We're not relying on him going into training camp. Anything we get from him is a plus.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
That Taylor Gabriel signing will end up being awful if he is relegated to being a back up at a position he doesn’t even play.

He'll get his guaranteed money and then he can get cut if White works out

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
IF, and its a big IF, White is the starter and earns that role and produces then its a very good problem to have. At that point the Bears resign him or let him get a big pay out and get a comp pic for it.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
White is not coming off a leg injury, so if they want to start him to prevent rushing AR back before he is ready, I am ok with that.

Hope the kid has a great year and allows the Bears to negotiate a hometown discount deal for another 4 years.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
if wims and/or brown make the 53 man roster, bears are in serious trouble.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Gabriel is a career scrub, no idea why anyone would expect anything more from him now that we badly overpaid.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

the last guys should provide good special teams value and neither one has that...im guessing bears keep 6 wr's
ar, gabriel, miller, white, fowler, bellamy.

wims gets some kind of mystery injury and is redshirted
brown is cut
fleming, gentry on ps

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
the last guys should provide good special teams value and neither one has that...im guessing bears keep 6 wr's
ar, gabriel, miller, white, fowler, bellamy.

wims gets some kind of mystery injury and is redshirted
brown is cut
fleming, gentry on ps

Bennie Fowler is a good special teams guy. Bears fans should remember him well when he blocked Bears punt attempt and it was returned for a touchdown.

If we have Fowler & Bellamy that is two special teams guys not that I'm against that.

[video=youtube_share;NT4F-AQgFtI]https://youtu.be/NT4F-AQgFtI[/video]

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
WR 1 - Allen Robinson
WR 2 - Kevin White
W3 / Slot / "Zebra" - Anthony Miller
Y TE (traditional) - Adam Shaheen
U TE (split out) - Trey Burton

I predict Gabriel will be a bust signing, beat out by both White and Miller in training camp but will be involved in the rotation. Tarik Cohen will also work in rotation as the "Zebra" but it will primarily be Miller's role. Dion Sims will be involved in a rotation with Shaheen. But I predict Robinson, White, Miller, Burton and Shaheen will accumulate the most snaps in the receiving game.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I'd l love to know what Gabriel's stats are on grass...I think the kc model is deep speed and rac over size

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He's a one trick pony but it works well.

And that one trick is extremely valuable and something we did not have at all last year. His speed opens up the field for Everyone else and his value to the offense will sometimes not show up in stats but will be felt.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. He was hurt in early September. He will be ready. He may not be the same Robinson at the beginning of the year but he should get better as the year goes on.
You mean the same Robinson from his fluke 2015 season or the meh and blah Robinson of more recent years?