Kevin White will probably start in 2018

Washington

Liked Posts:
You mean the same Robinson from his fluke 2015 season or the meh and blah Robinson of more recent years?

That is a story line in itself for this year. Which Robinson will we have? Was 2015 a fluke making him a one-year wonder? He was paid dearly but so was Gabriel and Burton with all being paid more based on potential than past accomplishments.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Did I say that? Based on what he did in college and how he will fit in Nagy's scheme, I would not be surprised if he had a much bigger impact on the season then many think. Meanwhile, White has played in 5 games in 3 years, has completely lost his speed which was his only real attribute coming out because he can't run a route to safe his life and you want to label him a starter.

Obviously, the Bears will let it play out and see what happens, but I don't suspect White will be a huge contributor. Nagy practically hand picked Miller and moved up in the 2nd to draft him so I imagine he has some plans for him.
He lost his speed? I highly doubt it and how would you know?

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And that one trick is extremely valuable and something we did not have at all last year. His speed opens up the field for Everyone else and his value to the offense will sometimes not show up in stats but will be felt.

How dare you try talking common sense on this board...lol

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
With or without Kevin White, I really like the weapons the Bears have on offense.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would like to know how he knows. I’d love to see some links rather than unsubstantiated opinion. Not holding my breath.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Bears are as interesting as they come at the WR position.

A 25-year old with a 1400 yard, 14 TD season under his belt.
A former 7th overall pick
A rookie, who caught nearly 200 passes for 3000 yards the last 2 years in college and is a really good route runner with elite hands.
A speed demon, with Superbowl experience where he put up 76 yards.
An versatile athlete with a Superbowl ring, who has performed every time he had to step up for Ertz.

That being said, this group of guys caught about 60 NFL passes between them last year.

I don't think any of us knows who's going to step up and be the guys leading this offense. But one thing is for sure, someone will. There's too much talent not to. Exact opposite of last year when we had our fingers crossed that guys like Tre McBride and Tanner Gentry would amount to something.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Color me surprised!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know what the assignments were, but Trubisky would have been sacked. Good to see Kevin White playing well though. I need to see it in preseason before I'm convinced.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Don't know what the assignments were, but Trubisky would have been sacked. Good to see Kevin White playing well though. I need to see it in preseason before I'm convinced.

Would’ve been sacked? There’s not even an O line.

I mean I see the purpose of the drill but idk how we can come to that conclusion.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:

I thought this initially as well until I noticed there's no OL. Looks like they have one of the LBs rushing the QB like they normally would in real life situations.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Have you guys never seen 7-on-7 drills?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I guess I haven't

Center, QB, and whatever combo of backs and receivers vs. a defense with no interior DL. Center to snap to the QB. All eligible receivers against all players who typically are options to cover on passing downs. The 2 OLBs came on that play, so it was man coverage (5 players on 5 receiving options).

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think the wr will morph over the year and the best players will get more playing time. The only guarantee right now is AR. after that, I would imaging they will fight for playing time with a nod going to Gabriel.
Agreed. Although before Game 1 there will be two outside receivers starting.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
That Taylor Gabriel signing will end up being awful if he is relegated to being a back up at a position he doesn’t even play.
I don't think Gabriel will be considered a capital "B" backup. I think he'll be rotational, and play Flanker (so he isn't jammed), Split and Slot.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree from what little we have seen from Tarik he seems to be a real difference maker. It would be a crazy problem to have too many weapons next year, but if Gabriel is only able to play a back up role of slot receiver that contract is going to be terrible for the next 3 years.
I don't think Nagy would ever play Gabriel strictly as a backup slot, unless through the year he shows it's the only position he can play well, but not as well as the primary slot receiver. :lol:

But I like I said, I'm pretty sure Gabriel will be played at all three positions, cause Nagy's system and Gabriel are new. Most likely Gabriel will be outside, with a fair chance to start.

Since White has been on the team for 3 years, it wouldn't be odd to see White start with Robinson (assuming they're both ready and looking good). But I would assume Nagy would rotate White and Gabriel on the outside mostly. And Nagy will probably try all the WR at all 3 positions to keep his offense unpredictable.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Got tired of waiting on some info on White’s diminished speed and couldn’t fine much of anything indicating he had slowed down at all. Did find this among others. http://www.thetenyardline.com/2018/...-speed-back-but-is-no-lock-for-a-roster-spot/

Turns out, White hasn’t “completely lost his speed” as someone posted earlier. Matter of fact, he is still fast!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have you guys never seen 7-on-7 drills?

After 4 years of his shit, I am happy with even the smallest ounce of production even if it is 7 on 7. Any confidence he can gain in practice will be beneficial if he is going to play this year.