Home Run Derby

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that noticed Harp giving the Love to his teammates after his win? Please Lord, bring this Man to Chicago and let him play with his friends ......

I think the smart play here is to let some other team pay $300mil for a four-win player.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who likes the format and everything, but hate these camera angles? I like the normal view like a game instead of the behind the batter with the second window of the ball flying.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I believe ya. We were saying the same thing as it was going on.

same thing as the last home town Frasier that won in his own park. So glad Schwarbs made it interesting and didnt end up with 6 in the final round.

I know Javy hit one 479, dont know if Harper beat that.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I wasn't really going to watch but turned it on and got sucked in. I hadn't seen one since the new format and it was actually pretty exciting. Good performances from our guys and frankly Harper winning was appropriate even if I would have rather it had been Schwarber.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I see there are a lot of Cubs fans upset over Harper and his dad "cheating". This is really sad. The pitchers do not turn around to watch the ball land. Any pitches that were early are on the umpire behind the plate in sight of the pitcher. Harper's dad wasn't the most accurate that last round as the pressure built up. If I was pitching to my son in the derby, I would be rushing and trying to make up time, as well. What a cool moment for the both of them. Let's enjoy the entertainment. It was a fun format and the Cubs players represented the team well. Congrats to Bryce Harper. Do we know if he hit any shots that were as long as Javy's 479? I thought some of the things those announcers were discussing was dumb. They need to calm down and let the hyperbole find the round file.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see there are a lot of Cubs fans upset over Harper and his dad "cheating". This is really sad. The pitchers do not turn around to watch the ball land. Any pitches that were early are on the umpire behind the plate in sight of the pitcher. Harper's dad wasn't the most accurate that last round as the pressure built up. If I was pitching to my son in the derby, I would be rushing and trying to make up time, as well. What a cool moment for the both of them. Let's enjoy the entertainment. It was a fun format and the Cubs players represented the team well. Congrats to Bryce Harper. Do we know if he hit any shots that were as long as Javy's 479? I thought some of the things those announcers were discussing was dumb. They need to calm down and let the hyperbole find the round file.

It was ESPN.....best suited for the mute button.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I dont want to keep this going, but there were plenty of times the umpire stood their waving their arms to not throw the ball and the pitcher does anyway. They should go back to the out system and premature hitters should be given outs. All I can say is both Kyle and Javy followed the rules. When Kyle hit a mile high popup, he actually stepped out of the box to reset. This is an ultimate adrenaline rush for these hitters, and its impossible to fault the pitchers.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did you hear the comments yesterday? That Bryce Harper hit 9-10 home runs in the last 47 seconds. Eventually, the slide rule guys here are going to be able to prove that it is not possible since each ball would have had to land in around 5 seconds.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bored-people.jpg

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was ESPN.....best suited for the mute button.

Good God is this true. Awful.

OT, but Buck was awful for the game as well. Smoltz is good though.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT, but Buck was awful for the game as well. Smoltz is good though.

God I hate that man (as an announcer; maybe he's nice IRL but I doubt it). This is where the "Park" or "ESPN radio" audio overlays come in handy on MLBTV.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
God I hate that man (as an announcer; maybe he's nice IRL but I doubt it). This is where the "Park" or "ESPN radio" audio overlays come in handy on MLBTV.

Didnt he say he was retiring from calling the big games a few years back?

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt he say he was retiring from calling the big games a few years back?

Don't know, but it sucks that the biggest Cubs games of the year (including the 2016 WS) are called by him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't know, but it sucks that the biggest Cubs games of the year (including the 2016 WS) are called by him.

Why? I hate Buck, but that sure as fuck didn't ruin anything for me. Plus, I thought his call when the Cubs clinched the pennant was actually pretty good. He knew he just witnessed sports history.