Anthony Miller

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
We can go on and on about Trubisky but the real excitement may come from rookie Anthony Miller. Obviously this correlates to Trubisky, but Miller exploding into the league as a rookie may really tell the tale of the season. This is not to say Miller is the difference between a good season and a bad season but he could be the difference between a good season and a great season.

No other player on offense may matter as much to this team in 2018. The expectation is Robinson will be good, Howard will be good Cohen etc. But Miller would be a happy extra bonus in his rookie year. He's not a guy that has lofty expectations in year one, he's a player with future production and seasons in mind.

If he blows up he could dominate this town. He's already a well thought of kid, but if he has a big rookie year with a good year from Robinson things could be really fun. I mean when you get more out of a player than anticipated special things happen.

Here's to Miller lighting the world on fire and it pushing this season to something none of us expect.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can go on and on about Trubisky but the real excitement may come from rookie Anthony Miller. Obviously this correlates to Trubisky, but Miller exploding into the league as a rookie may really tell the tale of the season. This is not to say Miller is the difference between a good season and a bad season but he could be the difference between a good season and a great season.

No other player on offense may matter as much to this team in 2018. The expectation is Robinson will be good, Howard will be good Cohen etc. But Miller would be a happy extra bonus in his rookie year. He's not a guy that has lofty expectations in year one, he's a player with future production and seasons in mind.

If he blows up he could dominate this town. He's already a well thought of kid, but if he has a big rookie year with a good year from Robinson things could be really fun. I mean when you get more out of a player than anticipated special things happen.

Here's to Miller lighting the world on fire and it pushing this season to something none of us expect.

I disagree. Both Daniels and Smith will have more impact than Miller this year. If they don't things are probably not going well for the Bears, as the two I mentioned are penciled in as immediate starters, while Miller in his rookie year is penciled in as a spot player. For Miller to "explode" on the scene his rookie year, it means one of Paces FA pick ups either got injured or didn't pan out. None of this is to say he couldn't go on to become a phenomenal player, I just don't see it happening his rookie year

edit, just noticed you said on offense, so I guess Smith is not relevant, however, Daniels still is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So if the good players all play good and Miller "explodes into the league" the Bears should have a good to great season.

Edgy stuff there, how your blog never amounted to anything is beyond me.
I might add, if Burton, Shaheen, and Gabriel all have great years with Robinson, Cohen, Miller having great years as well and I expect Trubisky to have a great season.Don't even get me started if White contributes.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Both Daniels and Smith will have more impact than Miller this year. If they don't things are probably not going well for the Bears, as the two I mentioned are penciled in as immediate starters, while Miller in his rookie year is penciled in as a spot player. For Miller to "explode" on the scene his rookie year, it means one of Paces FA pick ups either got injured or didn't pan out. None of this is to say he couldn't go on to become a phenomenal player, I just don't see it happening his rookie year

edit, just noticed you said on offense, so I guess Smith is not relevant, however, Daniels still is.

It's as if you didn't read my post at all.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't see how what our staff had as a top 3 WR in this draft and traded up to get would be a surprise to contribute. This is not a kid that needs to learn anything but the O like everyone else. He's a baller that was only available in in 2 due to his size.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Am I missing something here? Neither Robinson nor Gabriel will be playing the slot receiver role much if at all. Burton would be the only person who would take away slot receiver snaps from Miller. I already am expecting Miller to be a regular contributor on offense.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can go on and on about Trubisky but the real excitement may come from rookie James Daniels. Obviously this correlates to Trubisky, but James Daniels exploding into the league as a rookie may really tell the tale of the season. This is not to say James Daniels is the difference between a good season and a bad season but he could be the difference between a good season and a great season.

No other player on offense may matter as much to this team in 2018. The expectation is Robinson will be good, Howard will be good Cohen etc. But James Daniels would be a happy extra bonus in his rookie year. He's not a guy that has lofty expectations in year one, he's a player with future production and seasons in mind.

Here's to James Daniels lighting the world on fire and it pushing this season to something none of us expect.

We can go on and on about Trubisky but the real excitement may come from rookie Javon Wims. Obviously this correlates to Trubisky, but Javon Wims exploding into the league as a rookie may really tell the tale of the season. This is not to say Javon Wims is the difference between a good season and a bad season but he could be the difference between a good season and a great season.

No other player on offense may matter as much to this team in 2018. The expectation is Robinson will be good, Howard will be good Cohen etc. But Javon Wims would be a happy extra bonus in his rookie year. He's not a guy that has lofty expectations in year one, he's a player with future production and seasons in mind.

Here's to Javon Wims lighting the world on fire and it pushing this season to something none of us expect.

You can substitute almost any player you like in this, for any team.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is a good to great season for Miller? JuJu rookie season numbers?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys always are so tough on Biff

Cut him some slack. The dude used to be an asshole a few years ago. Didn't you guys notice ?? He is outta the red bar status a long time ago.

He doesn't pick fights in people's threads.

You guys really ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I would say that 4 outta 5 of any thread here on CCS that one could look at has some guys debating and throwin down

some verbiage on each other.

When was the last time he called someone stupid or an asshole ??

Not only that .... why do you guys give him so much shit about a blog and him being an occasional contributing writer ?? More power to him. Personally some of you guys

are so wrapped up against him I think it might reflect on some insecurity issues.

Leave the Jag-Off alone. He's one of us now after so many years

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And it would be Fuckin great to see Miller light up the league.

..... with everyone else doing what everyone else is expected to do ........

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys always are so tough on Biff

Cut him some slack. The dude used to be an asshole a few years ago. Didn't you guys notice ?? He is outta the red bar status a long time ago.

He doesn't pick fights in people's threads.

You guys really ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I would say that 4 outta 5 of any thread here on CCS that one could look at has some guys debating and throwin down

some verbiage on each other.

When was the last time he called someone stupid or an asshole ??

Not only that .... why do you guys give him so much shit about a blog and him being an occasional contributing writer ?? More power to him. Personally some of you guys

are so wrapped up against him I think it might reflect on some insecurity issues.

Leave the Jag-Off alone. He's one of us now after so many years

I pretty much stopped fucking with him since he stopped posting like back when he was new. Its kind of odd though that he went from super critical to homer. Didn't see that coming. I guess he really just hated the Trestman/Emery era that much.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea he was a real asshole in the beginning .... I think it was because he was doing that podcast and was thinkin "his shit didn't stink"

I think when the world didn't open up for him immediately he came down to Earth with the rest of us

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I pretty much stopped fucking with him since he stopped posting like back when he was new. Its kind of odd though that he went from super critical to homer. Didn't see that coming. I guess he really just hated the Trestman/Emery era that much.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. To say I loathed Marc Trestman as coach of the Bears is an understatement. Sometimes people are lucky enough to cover a guy before they show up with the Bears and that past experience can come in handy. I was fortunate to see Trestman a lot in Arizona when I lived in Arizona so I knew the disaster that was hired.

On the flip side I saw a lot of Mark Helfrich as QB coach passing game coordinator at ASU, also in Arizona. Helfrich I had the pleasure far more intimately at ASU when I was the Rivals.com ASU publisher.

The pessimism I had for Trestman has been replaced by optimism because Helfrich is a damn good QB coach. That's not my shit not stinking, it's just lucky. I'm fortunate when coaches have cross over in regions and teams I follow closely.

On paper Trubisky is in good hands, on the field he showed that he wasn't overwhelmed and didn't get rattled. That's a plus as is having Fangio back. Very unique situation the Bears are in. It should hopefully be a fun year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

WR1 Robinson

WR2 Gabriel

Slot Miller

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im actually with biff on this one. I'm completely on the Miller train

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Most posters here already have very high expectations of Miller, so your implication that he has no expectations of contributing this season and it’s just a bonus is false. Also, Trubisky developing and Allen Robinson regaining 2015 form will be what drives this offense forward, putting it all on a rookie is foolish.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Most posters here already have very high expectations of Miller, so your implication that he has no expectations of contributing this season and it’s just a bonus is false. Also, Trubisky developing and Allen Robinson regaining 2015 form will be what drives this offense forward, putting it all on a rookie is foolish.
I'm not putting it all on a rookie. I'm saying if Allen Robinson plays well the Bears will be good, if Anthony Miller excels in year one it could be special

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Miller will be our top receiver for this season yardage-wise. I'm predicting around 1,000 yards and 8 TDs for him. The only reason he won't get more yardage is that there are other weapons on the team.

I'm expecting a lot of dink and dunk and quick throws from the offense this year. They're not gonna leave Trubs hung out to dry while waiting for downfield plays to develop. Also, Miller is tough to bring down so I expect alot of short passes turned in 10-15 yard gains. AR, White, and Gabriel will become more downfield decoys to spread the defense out.

Here's how I see the yardage breakdown:

Miller 1,000 yards
AR 800-900 yards
White (if not injured) 400-500
Gabriel 400
Burton 500
Cohen 300
Howard 200

That's around 3,800 yards passing give-or-take. Approximately 25 TDs mostly to AR, Burton, and Miller. 6-8 TDs each.