Anthony Miller

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1) he is a rookie from a smaller football program
2) he is learning a complex offense, with lots of pre and post snap reads.
3) AR, Burton, and Gabriel are all talented veterans we paid a lot for, and will learn the offense easier.
4) Cohen and Shaheen have skill sets no one else on the offense does.

Miller is for the future...not for this season. If ppl are expecting him to be a major force this season....youre most likely going to be disappointed...

They are all learning a new offense, except for maybe Burton due to his time in Philly. And just as some are putting a lot of expectations on a rookie (this isn't 1970, rookies especially at WR can come in and play well right away), you're putting expectations on guys who have never played big roles in Gabriel and Burton. There's going to be plenty of footballs to go around.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd wait a few weeks into TC before making any predictions.

Even that might be jumping the gun. I've seen a lot of guys tear it up in pre season only to get cut 3 or 4 games in.

Although, I have to admit I'm really liking the film I've seen on Miller.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Miller but I'm surprised at how many people think he will out perform Allen Robinson. Miller is a rookie that could be sharing time with others in the slot such as cohen and gabriel.

AR is the #1 receiver and I'm definitely expecting him to come out and be the #1 guy this year.

Yeah, Gabriel/Burton/White/Miller/Cohen are all gonna be fighting it out for #2/#3 WR snaps. Allen Robinson is the exclusive #1 WR on this team. Take Robinson away, and that makes Gabriel practically useless since he’s a guy that needs to be schemed open to begin with. And it bumps Kevin White into the #1 position. The defense can then funnel safety help inside to neutralize Burton and Miller. Robinson needs to stay healthy and productive for all these role players to be successful.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
I'm not going so far as to make predictions about Miller just yet, but already being a better route runner than most rookie WRs should give Miller a head start.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Gabriel/Burton/White/Miller/Cohen are all gonna be fighting it out for #2/#3 WR snaps. Allen Robinson is the exclusive #1 WR on this team. Take Robinson away, and that makes Gabriel practically useless since he’s a guy that needs to be schemed open to begin with. And it bumps Kevin White into the #1 position. The defense can then funnel safety help inside to neutralize Burton and Miller. Robinson needs to stay healthy and productive for all these role players to be successful.

I think this will be a "spread the ball around" type offense. I think the end numbers will be similar to Philly. They had 3 guys with between 57-74 catches, and 768-824 yards, all had either 8 or 9 TDs too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cohen leading the team in receptions, somewhere in the 70s (Eagles didn't really involve RBs in the pass game that much after Sproles went down), but I think Miller, Robinson, and Burton could all get 50-65 catches. Gabriel I see with his typical 30-35 catches.

I know right now, that's a lot of catches on paper, especially with White, Howard, and Shaheen not accounted for. But I don't see Robinson being a true #1 in the sense that he's going to get 140+ targets.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this will be a "spread the ball around" type offense. I think the end numbers will be similar to Philly. They had 3 guys with between 57-74 catches, and 768-824 yards, all had either 8 or 9 TDs too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cohen leading the team in receptions, somewhere in the 70s (Eagles didn't really involve RBs in the pass game that much after Sproles went down), but I think Miller, Robinson, and Burton could all get 50-65 catches. Gabriel I see with his typical 30-35 catches.

I know right now, that's a lot of catches on paper, especially with White, Howard, and Shaheen not accounted for. But I don't see Robinson being a true #1 in the sense that he's going to get 140+ targets.

eaglesregseason.png

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I think this looks similar to the chiefs offense last year, with lots of spread between Hunt, Kelce, Tyreek Hill.

The main problem with these comparisons is that the Bears don’t have a Kelce or an Ertz.

We will see what burton does in a larger role. I’m definitely not giving up on shaheen but him making a leap to play like Kelce or gronk or Ertz is way more far fetched than any of the trubisky comparisons that have been made last year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

I agree 100% with this. Spread the ball and it does not matter who leads the Bears in receptions as long as we are scoring TD's. WR's Robinson, Gabriel, Miller. TE's Burton, Shaheen, Sims. Joker Back Cohen. Oh and btw find a way to get Howard 17 carries a game. What an exciting problem for Nagy/Helfrich to come up with packages for the skill positions.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Bears have different types of weapons. Cohen will prove to be elite. Absolute robbery of a draft pick.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think this looks similar to the chiefs offense last year, with lots of spread between Hunt, Kelce, Tyreek Hill.

The main problem with these comparisons is that the Bears don’t have a Kelce or an Ertz.

We will see what burton does in a larger role. I’m definitely not giving up on shaheen but him making a leap to play like Kelce or gronk or Ertz is way more far fetched than any of the trubisky comparisons that have been made last year.

We don't know what the Bears have because Shaheen was used so little. Even when Cohen had a hot hand the Bears went away from him.

Hard to judge talent that doesn't get used.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Everyone so hyped up about a rookie. Miller may not get many touches, or even much playing time, especially early on. AR, Burton, Cohen, Gabriel, and maybe even Shaheen will get more touches than him.

Howard could get as many passes thrown to him as Miller does.

Miller is already heavily involved and it is day 2 of camp. Miller is going to get plenty of reps, especially if he continues to make plays when the pads come on.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think each player on this offense will have his role, but that is not what I’m excited about.
For the first time in a long time we are not reliant on Miller or Robinson or Cohen or Howard or someone else being a superstar. We have a coaching staff that will make the opposition defend ALL of them.

If Miller ends up having a Steve Smith type career, then cool, BUT we are not reliant on that happening.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I think each player on this offense will have his role, but that is not what I’m excited about.
For the first time in a long time we are not reliant on Miller or Robinson or Cohen or Howard or someone else being a superstar. We have a coaching staff that will make the opposition defend ALL of them.

If Miller ends up having a Steve Smith type career, then cool, BUT we are not reliant on that happening.

It's funny that you mention him. Everyone so far has compared Miller's game to AB, but whenever I watch tape of him, he plays exactly like Steve Smith.. The potential to just bully/dominate defenses weekly, is something I hope he can do within this offense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This thread is internet gold. There are posts that have Anthony Miller, not only starting, but playing #1, #2, or slot WR at a high level. And ook out, more Steve Smith comparisons. Can we reel in the hyperbole until the guy puts on pads?

And the same with implicit comparisons between our TEs and Kelce & Gronk. Please.

Holy shit...lmao.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is internet gold. There are posts that have Anthony Miller, not only starting, but playing #1, #2, or slot WR at a high level. And ook out, more Steve Smith comparisons. Can we reel in the hyperbole until the guy puts on pads?

And the same with implicit comparisons between our TEs and Kelce & Gronk. Please.

Holy shit...lmao.

no!!

Speed

Liked Posts:

Holy shit...lmao.

Better than Anthony Miller is the new Earl Bennett based on measurables, but I couldn't be bothered to watch any film on the player. Now THAT was gold.

Top 10 all time meatball shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to waste my time watching highlight reels or game tapes of him being covered by defensive backs from the American Athletic Conference. Please. I'll hold off and see how he does against NFL defensive backs in a few weeks....with pads on.

Lmao.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprised you're too stupid to realize you can learn far more about a receiver on film than just how he fared against coverage.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to waste my time watching highlight reels or game tapes of him being covered by defensive backs from the American Athletic Conference. Please. I'll hold off and see how he does against NFL defensive backs in a few weeks....with pads on.

Lmao.

Your reasoning for not watching film was I'm not gonna sit through crappy mixtape rap music, as if the film doesn't exist on Youtube on its raw form. And you can also learn more than just coverage. Speed, footwork, release off the line, and other things that would have revealed that Bennett comparison to be off target. "SEC speed" and all, but Bennett got caught from behind more than Miller ever did from what I watched of the two in college and its clear he's just not as dynamic. But these are things you would only know by watching film, not reading off a 40 time.

The Bennett comparison on the surface would have been lazy, but probably not the craziest thing ever said on the surface, but you ascended to Hall of Fame meatball levels with the "I didn't watch film, cuz I'm not sitting through crappy rap music" additive.