USA Today NFL Predictions

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I would be happy with 7-9.

If this comes true:

Looks like the Alex Smith trade was a lose lose.

Is Pete Carrol fired?

Bucs looking for a QB?

The Bills, from playoffs to 3-13, good thing they got rid of Taylor.

All of the changes should amount to more then 2 wins from last year. I know it’s a new system but it has to be light years ahead of last year. 2 wins more will not make me happy.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be mad at 7-9. I think if all the stars align, the Bears can be a Wild Card team. Feels like the floor is 6-7 wins.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
They must not expect Andrew Luck to play this year

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I'm standing by 9-7 with a modifier of
11-5 if Bears get a couple lucky breaks.
7-9 is like another injury plagued season imo.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All of the changes should amount to more then 2 wins from last year. I know it’s a new system but it has to be light years ahead of last year. 2 wins more will not make me happy.

Prepare for disappointment. Everybody gets better every year, except for the perennial shit teams. The Bears are in that group of teams that suck every year, and never get better. This season the Bears are in a position to break that stereotype. The Bears could actually improve on last seasons win total, two more wins would be great, five more wins is Special person.

Sorry.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting year.

NE Hoodie tree: Vrabel, Patricia

Reid tree: Nagy, Reich...

Which tree will produce more fruit?

Well, one has always produced sweet fruit and the other's fruit seems to have been unsuccessful GMOs.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Browns do better than 5-11. What can I say - I'm a daredevil.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Browns do better than 5-11. What can I say - I'm a daredevil.

Bold. They have some young talent. I don't understand why they kept Hue Jackson.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Broncos ahead of chiefs and raiders seems pretty questionable. If mahomes isn’t awful the chiefs should win at least 10. I’ve never seen Andy Reid have an awful offense or qb that I can remember.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Prepare for disappointment. Everybody gets better every year, except for the perennial shit teams. The Bears are in that group of teams that suck every year, and never get better. This season the Bears are in a position to break that stereotype. The Bears could actually improve on last seasons win total, two more wins would be great, five more wins is Special person.

Sorry.

2 more would be expected with health and 2 more with better coaching and 2 more with better talent. 5 more is very reasonable. And only some teams get better while most good teams lose players to FA. The talent we brought in made them teams worse off, not better off. The top teams get raided. Really if Trubs makes that next step anything less then 10 wins will be disapointing. Also were not in the group that stays the same every year, we used to be, The last few years we have sucked hard enough to get top picks and improve.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They are loaded, Mayfield makes them more interesting for me.

Unless Mayfield plays lights out in preseason, Tyrol Taylor should be starting. Taylor’s been a very good qb and is going to have a ton of weapons. Their offense should be really good. Idk about the defense. Their division is garbage though. I bet they get at least one win against everyone in the division and probably sweep Cincy. I know Pittsburgh is solid, but they always play down to their competition.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Mayfield plays lights out in preseason, Tyrol Taylor should be starting. Taylor’s been a very good qb and is going to have a ton of weapons. Their offense should be really good. Idk about the defense. Their division is garbage though. I bet they get at least one win against everyone in the division and probably sweep Cincy. I know Pittsburgh is solid, but they always play down to their competition.

It would be a surprise if BM beat out TT, Cleveland with 6 wins this season?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new HC this year? We'll see.

From past seasons, not even close.

The Reid tree has 2 SB winning HC, Doug Pederson and John Harbaugh.

The Belichick coaching tree, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Charlie Weis, and Josh McDaniels? LOL

Based on past performance Vrabel and Patricia are doomed

Doesn't help when half of your coaching tree (Crennel, Mangini) was sent to the Browns, who have had an inept FO for decades. If your going to include Charlie Wies, who has never been an NFL coach, shouldn't you also include Nick Saban? Bill O'brien?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Doesn't help when half of your coaching tree (Crennel, Mangini) was sent to the Browns, who have had an inept FO for decades. If your going to include Charlie Wies, who has never been an NFL coach, shouldn't you also include Nick Saban? Bill O'brien?

Incorrect, Eric Mangini left the Pats to become the Jets HC in 2006. After that he moved on to suck in Cleveland.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wonder if Reid had any influence on his guys knowing a potentially good situation to step into as a 1st time HC vs. a pit of despair and misery like CLE's front office.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I'm standing by 9-7 with a modifier of
11-5 if Bears get a couple lucky breaks.
7-9 is like another injury plagued season imo.

I like it. Why not start the season with high hopes, with the understanding that success may not come all at once?. Expecting a losing season sounds depressing to me and makes me wonder why someone would even bother to be a fan.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incorrect, Eric Mangini left the Pats to become the Jets HC in 2006. After that he moved on to suck in Cleveland.

I could have worded that better, but mangini was 10-6, 4-12, 9-7 with the Jets, not great, not terrible either. It's the Browns job that did him in.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Reid had any influence on his guys knowing a potentially good situation to step into as a 1st time HC vs. a pit of despair and misery like CLE's front office.

I am sure they were told that they were building through the draft.........