Brian Urlacher to be honored during MNF against Seahawks

Sammich

Liked Posts:
When the Seattle Seahawks travel to face the Chicago Bears for Monday Night Football in Week 2, there will be a little extra pomp and circumstance.

According to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears have chosen their home opener against the Seahawks to celebrate legendary linebacker Brian Urlacher – who will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame this August.

Selecting Week Two against the Seahawks is an interesting choice on the part of the Bears. Some may find it ironic, some may see it as poetic. The last time Urlacher stepped on the field as an active player was in 2012 against Seattle, where he credits Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson as the reason his career ended.

Where one superstar’s career came to a close, another’s was truly born.

Urlacher injured his hamstring chasing down the elusive Wilson on a third down in overtime. Wilson was able to evade Urlacher and later threw the game-winning touchdown to seal the victory for the Seahawks.

Wilson silenced many doubters in the Windy City. The then-6-5 Seahawks were heavy underdogs against Chicago, but their dramatic victory propelled them to win the next four straight games to close out the 2012 season.

Seattle made the playoffs, but Chicago did not, narrowly falling short of qualifying for the playoffs by one game. The Bears have not been close to returning to the postseason as 2012 was their last winning season.

This is Seattle’s first trip back to Chicago since that fateful afternoon, and while the Seahawks won’t be considered underdogs they should still expect a tough fight. Chicago is a young team with plenty of potential and they will be eager to prove their mettle by successfully defending their home turf against the Seahawks.

-Kole Musgrove

AussieBear

pulitzer material right thurr. n yall be fuckn hate duh aussie.. shame on yous shame on yous.. i needz ta be a jernoliust

Sammich

Liked Posts:
pulitzer material right thurr. n yall be fuckn hate duh aussie.. shame on yous shame on yous.. i needz ta be a jernoliust

I posted this for the content, not for the quality of the narrative.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pulitzer material right thurr. n yall be fuckn hate duh aussie.. shame on yous shame on yous..

Resume: i needz ta be a jernoliust
TLdaChY.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks were right on the cusp of their upswing into being a top contender at that time. Now they come back to Chicago on the downswing of that window. They don't look like a good team anymore.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Seahawks were right on the cusp of their upswing into being a top contender at that time. Now they come back to Chicago on the downswing of that window. They don't look like a good team anymore.

I’m thinking they will be 3rd in NFC west, definitey not going to be a powerhouse team next year. It’s all Russell Wilson making magic.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I’m thinking they will be 3rd in NFC west, definitey not going to be a powerhouse team next year. It’s all Russell Wilson making magic.

Agreed, and it's pretty much been that way on offense since Marshawn Lynch left, except now their defense is declining as well.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Urlacher changed the MLB position and Lovie had no clue what to do without him to run the Tampa 2.