Strop
Cishek
Wilson
Rosario
Kintzler

Morrow DL

Have to think Duensing gets released

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When Darvish comes back and Smyly is ready what moves do they make? I guess that is if those things happened before September. It’s actually going to be tough to make decisions come playoff time

chibears55

Liked Posts:
When Darvish comes back and Smyly is ready what moves do they make? I guess that is if those things happened before September. It’s actually going to be tough to make decisions come playoff time
Smyley IMO is a September call up,
there no real need for him now and he not someone that going to be on the playoff roster..

Darvish, i think is all but done this season and even if he does return it wont be til late August or September ..
I think though it just a matter of time before they shut him down, unless they plan on giving him a couple starts in September.

He not going to be counted on to start in the playoffs now with Hamels on board and Lester Quintana and Hendricks being the other 3..
I doubt they bump anyone out of the bullpen to add him, especially now that they added Chavez and Kintzler to the mix and Montgomery will be that 9th arm bumping Chatwood out...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not even thinking of Smyly, what happens when Morrow comes off the DL? They say the other NL teams are keeping a close eye on what the cubs are doing with Chatwood, expecting some mystery injury to be announced. Maybe he will get hurt dancing in the bullpen after a home run so it will look legit?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not even thinking of Smyly, what happens when Morrow comes off the DL? They say the other NL teams are keeping a close eye on what the cubs are doing with Chatwood, expecting some mystery injury to be announced. Maybe he will get hurt dancing in the bullpen after a home run so it will look legit?

Your posts are comedy. Rare vintage.

Seriously speaking. Any pitcher moved right now goes back though wavers. Think of that. Who would get claimed?

Duesing makes the most sense as he can be DFA and the Cubs just eat it. Chatwood another story. That is a bigger Apple.

I do see them pushing him through wavers. See if a team pulls him and they trade him for a box of balls and the whole bill

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Smyley IMO is a September call up,
there no real need for him now and he not someone that going to be on the playoff roster..

Darvish, i think is all but done this season and even if he does return it wont be til late August or September ..
I think though it just a matter of time before they shut him down, unless they plan on giving him a couple starts in September.

He not going to be counted on to start in the playoffs now with Hamels on board and Lester Quintana and Hendricks being the other 3..
I doubt they bump anyone out of the bullpen to add him, especially now that they added Chavez and Kintzler to the mix and Montgomery will be that 9th arm bumping Chatwood out...

If Darvish is healthy he'll have an opportunity to start in the playoffs depend on who is pitching better. Had a good bullpen session today, no pain. A sim game is next, likely Friday.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If Darvish is healthy he'll have an opportunity to start in the playoffs depend on who is pitching better. Had a good bullpen session today, no pain. A sim game is next, likely Friday.
I guess yea if one of Quintana Hendricks or Hamels sucks ass the last 2 months and if that the case, it not good for the cubs..

Darvish if/when he gets the all clear to go to rehab and actually pitches in games, is going to need at least 2-3 weeks there, cause he hasn't pitched in months..
Then if we assume he just automatically comes back and takes Monty spot in the rotation at the end of the month or September, he has probably 3 or 4 starts to show he better then he was before he got hurt(which wasn't good) and is better then the other 3 options in Hendricks Quintana and Hamels..

So, i think it very slim that he gets a starting spot in the playoff rotation ..

Guess as fans we can just hope he does pitch well enough to make it a tough choice for management

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Darvish will pitch in the regular season.

If we win the division, Darvish will start-and win- at least one playoff game.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

I hope he ready to go by September 1st, i prefer Monty in the bullpen over starting...

As far as a playoff start goes...
If Lester Hamels Hendricks Quintana are all pitching good through September, it going to be one tough decision for Maddon and Management to decide who the 4 starters will be in each series...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I honestly see no difference in the results between Montgomery and Darvish. Darvish just strikes more guys out but wins wise that is a hard call. Both were getting yanked after 5 so it comes down to the pen more than anything with them.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Home and away will make some difference, but I can see him using 5, Lester will go twice, but it wont be 1,4 and 7. If everyone is mediocre they probably are not getting to the playoffs, but I could see him using Lester, Hendricks, Hamels, Quintana, Lester, Darvish, Hendricks, or save Hamels for 6. Just going to be tight enough as it is in the pen, but like he kept Lackey on for last year, one of them can be used for a short start.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Duesing DL. Flaming shoulder

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Home and away will make some difference, but I can see him using 5, Lester will go twice, but it wont be 1,4 and 7. If everyone is mediocre they probably are not getting to the playoffs, but I could see him using Lester, Hendricks, Hamels, Quintana, Lester, Darvish, Hendricks, or save Hamels for 6. Just going to be tight enough as it is in the pen, but like he kept Lackey on for last year, one of them can be used for a short start.
With this rotation, maybe with 5 as there no dominant no.2 starter to turn to as of now...
But
Im not sure theyd want to lose having Lester availability for a game 7 if he pitching game 6 , even on short rest or coming out of pen for a couple innings...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ya figure. You knew that they were not going to let that turd continue.
I wish i knew why their holding onto him....

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I wish i knew why their holding onto him....

Because rosters expand in less than a month and there's no need to DFA him and burn the cash?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Because rosters expand in less than a month and there's no need to DFA him and burn the cash?

Ya who knows. Pitchers don’t go good to turd in a season. He was very good going in and was worth the deal. There might be more to this and they opted to stash