RIP Stan Mikita

TL1961

Liked Posts:
NHL Network with some very nice coverage and discussion.

One story I had read earlier, and just saw Stan tell in a clip on NHLN, was about cutting down his penalties after his 5 year old daughter questioned why he sat alone while his friends played hockey. He cut his penalty minutes from 154 to 58 to 12 over the next two seasons, and captured two Lady Byng Trophies.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's been down for awhile, so we all knew it was coming. Doesn't make it any easier to take....showing my age here but I saw him play in his prime years in the late 60's where he was a 30 to 40 goal guy pushing near 100 pts a year. Not bad for a 5'9" 160 lb. guy. I only met him once but was just about the most affable guy I ever met.

We already miss you, 21.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been down for awhile, so we all knew it was coming. Doesn't make it any easier to take....showing my age here but I saw him play in his prime years in the late 60's where he was a 30 to 40 goal guy pushing near 100 pts a year. Not bad for a 5'9" 160 lb. guy. I only met him once but was just about the most affable guy I ever met.

We already miss you, 21.

“Pound for pound, Stan Mikita was one of the greatest players of all time.” Bobby Hull

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
He worked out at our facility in Downers Grove when I worked at the university.
It's a very sad situation and we have lost one of the greatest players in NHL history.
RIP Stan.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched him play many many times in my youth, dad had Hawks season tickets. First player I can remember wearing a helmet. Always enjoyed his play. RIP.