With Emergence of Bote and Harper signing with Cubs, next year, I see Russell and S

garapp

Liked Posts:
If Bote keeps hitting, Russell will be traded and Harper signing (if rumors are true)means Schwarber will be gone too

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Harper at 350M will be the most overrated player in MLB

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Russell is hitting .263/.333. His 14 DRS is second to Andrelton Simmons. Literally the only thing he's missing right now is some power(.103 ISO). And it's not like he's never had power. The prior two years his ISO is .179. He's traded some of his power to fix his k rate issues he previous had. If he can weave the power back into his game he's easily a 4-5 win player and he's 24. He's closer to breaking out than Baez was last year at 24. Also for what it's worth Bote(who i like a lot) is 10 months older than Russell is. It was right around this point in time Bote began to break out.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You would at least think LaStella will be gone or they wont be able to carry 13 pitchers anymore. Jury still out when Harper does get an average over 30 that Heyward sees his last chance to get a big money deal. We all know its not going to happen when this contract runs out and he is 35. this is his last big money year, Pay with signing bonus drops 6 million next year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Some Special person will over pay.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You wonder what he would do for a team like Kansas City or the white sox who struggle to get 7000 people in to watch the game if the cubs are not in town. Raise the ticket sales by 20-30000 per game?

garapp

Liked Posts:
I really like both Russell and Schwarber, but if Bote keeps keeps hitting, you have to either trade him or someone else. Bryant and Baez aren't going anywhere and you have to trade talent to get talent.,I don't see Russell or Schwarber being on the Cubs in 2019

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I really like both Russell and Schwarber, but if Bote keeps keeps hitting, you have to either trade him or someone else. Bryant and Baez aren't going anywhere and you have to trade talent to get talent.,I don't see Russell or Schwarber being on the Cubs in 2019

Happ also was great year 1. But the league adjusts then the player has to adjust back.

Schwarber was great year 1 then he tanked year 2 and is just getting back

He will tank also and he will have to readjust. Almost every hitter has holes.

Now beyond this you get into starting SS. Baez is passable. Russell is one of the league best. That is a clear down grade.

Schwarber in LF. I’m feeling that you are bias and that is fine. But you are still paying low dollar for 30 HR power and over league avg D. And he is. And if you don’t know this maybe you should start educating your self on advanced metrics.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I really don’t understand the whole notion of trading out to acquire anything.

IMO if they are just playing a window and plan on letting the next group deal then why? If they are looking at a 20 year window then I get selling short to replenish.

Pitching wise BP is cheap. Trading is dumb there. They have Hamels, Darvish Hendricks, Lester under control. Control of Q, Chatwood, Smyly, Montgomery. So honestly where is the need?

O wise they have suffered injury and are still a league best O...

Over all I really don’t get any of this thread. It feels bias I want my boi getting the ball crap

Shit I bet most GM’s wish they had these issues....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If Bote keeps hitting, Russell will be traded and Harper signing (if rumors are true)means Schwarber will be gone too
Bote has been good but as far as next season goes, if he still with the cubs itll be as a bench player..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fans are ready to trade a cost controlled 24 year old SS who is 2nd in def runs saved because an infielder who is not an option at SS has had a really nice 6 weeks.

Start Baez at SS and Bote has to play 2nd. You have no backup SS.

Russell, with a 99 RBI season under his belt (I know, I know), is not good enough for the “only offense matters crowd”.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You wonder what he would do for a team like Kansas City or the white sox who struggle to get 7000 people in to watch the game if the cubs are not in town. Raise the ticket sales by 20-30000 per game?

Your "pot shot" is sad

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
No to Harper, no to trading Russell. Cubs should have traded Schwarber for a starting pitching prospect over a year ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
No to Harper, no to trading Russell. Cubs should have traded Schwarber for a starting pitching prospect over a year ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Schwarber wouldn't have netted a SP on his own. He was the ask for Andrew Miller in 2016.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bote has been good but as far as next season goes, if he still with the cubs itll be as a bench player..

I dont think anyone was talking about him taking over a full time position, hell Javy still does not have a full time position. You already have Zobrist, Happ and Bote to cover second base 60 games a piece. Another year on Zobrist, I dont know if he will be covering right field much anymore and doubt the cubs move him when the no trade is finally gone.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Your "pot shot" is sad

why do you call it a pot shot, 30,000 more in ticket sales for teams that recently have won the world series? a 35 million salary is still only 216K a game. That is only 8.64 per fan if they get 25,000 more and both teams probably want the Marquee veteran player like when the cubs chose Heyward.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
why do you call it a pot shot, 30,000 more in ticket sales for teams that recently have won the world series? a 35 million salary is still only 216K a game. That is only 8.64 per fan if they get 25,000 more and both teams probably want the Marquee veteran player like when the cubs chose Heyward.

That's not the part of the post that was the "pot shot"

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I dont think anyone was talking about him taking over a full time position, hell Javy still does not have a full time position. You already have Zobrist, Happ and Bote to cover second base 60 games a piece. Another year on Zobrist, I dont know if he will be covering right field much anymore and doubt the cubs move him when the no trade is finally gone.
Maybe i misunderstood...

Qhen he mentioned trading Russell cause they have Bote, i took it as he figured Baez at SS and Bote at 2B..

I did read last night that Maddon said that Bote will get some work in in the OF over offseason and ST, for next season