With Emergence of Bote and Harper signing with Cubs, next year, I see Russell and S

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
My thought is this...
Epstein under contract for 3 more years..
It uncertain if he extends beyond that
(his choice)
If they dont win it all this year
He just may look to making some changes, to give them a better chance at winning it all over the next 3 yrs.

They have NL teams getting much better and catching up to them this year, like the Braves and Phillies, along with the Brewers and Dodgers..
Now you got powerhouses in the AL to contend with if you make it to WS, plus i believe next year theyll face the AL west on their schedule which will be a whole lot tougher then the Central this year....

So yea, he may look to rearrange his roster a bit in the offseason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

To me its double edged. He built a team that should be repeating, but this fan base wants the big name, and it does not take a mind like Epstein to go out and sign Machado and Harper. That is the other side of this, itchy fans want change and Epstein has the team he wants. If he does not make big upgrades, why do you need to pay a president of baseball operations 5 million? The three amigos want to find gems to earn their keep.

Its just time to leave these position players be and start developing the pitching. This is really sad there is nobody really ready to step in yet, nowhere. I dont know why they keep carrying Tseng on the 40 man, there is no confidence in his big league performance. Does not ever seem like any system guy will be good enough.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
To me its double edged. He built a team that should be repeating, but this fan base wants the big name, and it does not take a mind like Epstein to go out and sign Machado and Harper. That is the other side of this, itchy fans want change and Epstein has the team he wants. If he does not make big upgrades, why do you need to pay a president of baseball operations 5 million? The three amigos want to find gems to earn their keep.

Its just time to leave these position players be and start developing the pitching. This is really sad there is nobody really ready to step in yet, nowhere. I dont know why they keep carrying Tseng on the 40 man, there is no confidence in his big league performance. Does not ever seem like any system guy will be good enough.

Sometimes you just need a little change after a few years with the same group ..
If he has an opportunity to add a one time opportunity young 26 YO stud like Machado or Harper to the lineup, you have to at least try
Otherwise you just going into another season hoping guys who haven't quite turned the corner yet, figure it out and if they dont, then what..

As far as waiting on pitching to develop, might be waiting a couple more years..
The rotation now is unstable and i doubt he sticks with the majority next year ..
Why i say Lester and Darvish are probably the only 2 that are definite returns because of their contracts..
The rest he can do what he wants with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, it also makes me wonder who really wants to stay here anyway. Monty wants to start, and he is handled like Hendricks was for two years, getting pulled when pitching well. The players like Russell have got to be tired of the rumors. How many times has he been kept out of the lineup? Maddons idea is get a day off, then give them another day off. Just makes little sense. Yes, Rizzo needs to get back in the 3 or 4 hole where he can try to hit the ball thru the short right fielder. You want to lead off, the god dammit, hit the fucking ball where they are not. Then tell yourself you are a great leadoff hitter. The stats mean absolutely nothing when we are a .500 team with Rizzo leading off. If you dont trust Baez, Almora, Happ and dont play Zobrist enough, then put Heyward up there and let him get on base and run.

The win column must start to play a role in these decisions, we are halfway to september already and the brewers just keep coming.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, it also makes me wonder who really wants to stay here anyway. Monty wants to start, and he is handled like Hendricks was for two years, getting pulled when pitching well. The players like Russell have got to be tired of the rumors. How many times has he been kept out of the lineup? Maddons idea is get a day off, then give them another day off. Just makes little sense. Yes, Rizzo needs to get back in the 3 or 4 hole where he can try to hit the ball thru the short right fielder. You want to lead off, the god dammit, hit the fucking ball where they are not. Then tell yourself you are a great leadoff hitter. The stats mean absolutely nothing when we are a .500 team with Rizzo leading off. If you dont trust Baez, Almora, Happ and dont play Zobrist enough, then put Heyward up there and let him get on base and run.

The win column must start to play a role in these decisions, we are halfway to september already and the brewers just keep coming.

What planet are you living on? The last 6 weeks the Brewers are 14-19....today was the first positive move they've made since early July.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
What planet are you living on? The last 6 weeks the Brewers are 14-19....today was the first positive move they've made since early July.

If this comment isn't a case study in how fan emotion corrupts sound reason, I don't know what is.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If this comment isn't a case study in how fan emotion corrupts sound reason, I don't know what is.

Did I miss something during their "run" of 14-19?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

So how come the cubs are only 3 games up on the brewers and 4 games up on the Cardinals? Cubs are what, 20-15 over that stretch of games and cant have a bigger lead in the central? I'd say the Brewers are pretty happy they have gone 14-19 and are still only 3 back.

Isn't that reason? You make it seem like the cubs are 10 games up and running away with this.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So how come the cubs are only 3 games up on the brewers and 4 games up on the Cardinals? Cubs are what, 20-15 over that stretch of games and cant have a bigger lead in the central? I'd say the Brewers are pretty happy they have gone 14-19 and are still only 3 back.

Isn't that reason? You make it seem like the cubs are 10 games up and running away with this.
Cubs are 14 - 12 since the break and here a good reason why they haven't been able to extend their lead in division and other teams have caught up..

https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/status/1030123036710789122?s=19

https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/status/1030136267936358400?s=19

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So how come the cubs are only 3 games up on the brewers and 4 games up on the Cardinals?

Because they've been mediocre since the break.

Cubs are what, 20-15 over that stretch of games and cant have a bigger lead in the central?

Because math.

I'd say the Brewers are pretty happy they have gone 14-19 and are still only 3 back.

So now you've gone from "The Brewers just keep coming" to "The Brewers are pretty happy to be hanging in there despite being crappy".

You make it seem like the cubs are 10 games up and running away with this.

Now show your work.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My favorite is the "inconsistencies" of the Chicago northside ball club. Every team in the division has had a winning streak between 7 and 11 games this year except one. That "one" plays at Wrigley Field and still has the best record in the National League. Damn those inconsistent bastards.....