IST: Brewers vs Cubs

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Brewers-at-Cubs-.jpg

Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL

8/14 1:20 PM CDT

Chacin (11-4, 3.91 ERA) vs Quintana (10-8, 4.28 ERA)

8/15 1:20 PM CDT

Guerra (6-7, 3.40 ERA) vs Hendricks (8-9, 4.02 ERA)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This could be ugly or great, cause you never know what were gonna see from these 2 guys...
Quintana and Hendricks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hey Bote, thanks for the GS now take a seat so little tommy can play
bb1fa016780f828cddf0b7a4d28696f2.jpg

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This could be ugly or great, cause you never know what were gonna see from these 2 guys...
Quintana and Hendricks

I would be more concerned with Q than I am with Hendricks. Hendricks' numbers are headed in the right direction. Q outings are like a box of chocolates.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I would be more concerned with Q than I am with Hendricks. Hendricks' numbers are headed in the right direction. Q outings are like a box of chocolates.
Yea, just hope they get a good outing out of both and the bats show up

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty certain Madden has Quintana lined up for this game solely on his history against them. I think he's like 5-1 with some miniscule ERA vs the Brewers. For whatever that's worth...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
another great Bote moment and he is back on the bench and the worse fielder LaStella is in the lineup. More .500 ball with Rizzo at the top of the order too.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
And so it begins...

Ive said what i needed to say about the rotation and all, you all can get on me all you want but until i see some good consistencies from this team, i stand by it...

Brewers see Quintana and Hendricks and a great chance to pick up 2 games on them and they come out attacking..

Maddon put in his Sunday afternoon lineup with Lastella at 3rd..lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Would of been nice to have Bote up there now with 2 on 2 outs , down 3

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well with Q tossing trash and Darvish ready to start rehab sounds like a soon swap

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well with Q tossing trash and Darvish ready to start rehab sounds like a soon swap
Darvish will need at least 2 or 3 rehab starts, i wouldn't count on Darvish til September

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Go look up Eloy Jimenez's numbers right now and you will be even more angry. Quintana is trash.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta commend the fire the Brewers came out with, attack and punish this team who only have guys like Baez, Almora, Contrares and Bote who play with some intensity while the cubs play this hippie ball, of make my buddies happ-y.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I know a lot people on this board do no like criticizing this team but that was an embarrassing showing no matter how you try to spin it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Turning it on in the second half.

Jon, Jake and Kyle carried the load in the past.

Right now they kinda replaced Jake with Cole. Jon needs to right the ship. Kyle is trending right.

Montgomery has been equal to Lackey.

Q is a flat under achiever. IMO over rated never could get under Sale’s shadow and when he finally did he collapsed. This was pre trade.

Sox got the better of this deal by far.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I know a lot people on this board do no like criticizing this team but that was an embarrassing showing no matter how you try to spin it.
Sooner or later some will start to see what ive been saying all along...

There are very good players on this team that got them where their at record wise, but they have alot of issues with consistencies from maddon not playing the hot players, the rotation, and the offense that kept them from being better and taking advantage of the brewers and the rest of NL and pulling away from them.

So unless we continue to hope the Brewers and the rest of the playoff contenders keep playing or start playing mediocre ball the rest of the way, the cubs need to figure it out and start playing with some urgency the rest of the way otherwise their going to be looking up at some teams come September...

They got the Brewers 2 games back Cardinals 5 back for division and 5 other teams that are in division WC race that within 5 games of them for the 2 WC spots

So they need to get going because it not going to be easy as the schedule starts to get a bit tougher, their going to be playing teams that are still in contention

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Jon, Jake and Kyle carried the load in the past.

Right now they kinda replaced Jake with Cole. Jon needs to right the ship. Kyle is trending right.

Montgomery has been equal to Lackey.

Q is a flat under achiever. IMO over rated never could get under Sale’s shadow and when he finally did he collapsed. This was pre trade.

Sox got the better of this deal by far.
I still question the move of pulling Monty from rotation while he was hot over giving Lester a day off or two and maybe Q, the 2 guys that struggled the most..
Now they better hope Monty dont return off after the long lay off between starts

This team needs a solid 10 game stretch of both pitching and hitting to hopefully get them going

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sooner or later some will start to see what ive been saying all along...

There are very good players on this team that got them where their at record wise, but they have alot of issues with consistencies from maddon not playing the hot players, the rotation, and the offense that kept them from being better and taking advantage of the brewers and the rest of NL and pulling away from them.

So unless we continue to hope the Brewers and the rest of the playoff contenders keep playing or start playing mediocre ball the rest of the way, the cubs need to figure it out and start playing with some urgency the rest of the way otherwise their going to be looking up at some teams come September...

They got the Brewers 2 games back Cardinals 5 back for division and 5 other teams that are in division WC race that within 5 games of them for the 2 WC spots

So they need to get going because it not going to be easy as the schedule starts to get a bit tougher, their going to be playing teams that are still in contention

It's easy to manage the Cubs from the cheap seats. GMAFB about your criticisms of Maddon and who he plays. Their MVP third baseman is on the DL. Their big FA signee SP is on the DL. The other acquisition for SP has been a failure by any standard. The guy from the Southside they traded for last year has been abysmal on the mound in 2018. Yet here the Cubs are in first place. Will they remain there? Maybe. Maybe not. Thankfully, you aren't the Cubs manager.