What week will Roquan start

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
i would think week 1 as well. He missed the TC, but was training the entire time and had the playbook as well, to study the D. After listening to him talk yesterday, he seems like a solid, hard working young man that would do everything in his power to be ready.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I support the week 4 idea, you have to, just have to send a message to the following first round picks. Pretty good chance they go 0-4 whether he plays or not.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Week 1 brah

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I support the week 4 idea, you have to, just have to send a message to the following first round picks. Pretty good chance they go 0-4 whether he plays or not.

And what will that teach them? The Bears are willing to sit the better player while paying his full salary to prove a point to someone they don’t yet know? What message does that send the fan base? This isn’t high school football.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
If he doesn't start week 1, he'll play more than the starter(and play better). If this occurs he'll make his first official start, at home on Monday night football. So either week 1 or 2..

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And what will that teach them? The Bears are willing to sit the better player while paying his full salary to prove a point to someone they don’t yet know? What message does that send the fan base? This isn’t high school football.

Never mind that, they already sent their message by dragging out the negotiation into a 29 day holdout instead of folding like a lawn chair. They will play ball in negotiations but won't outright bend over backwards for a rookie.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If he plays against the Broncos Saturday and KC for the all important warm up, AND he does not look completely lost, he has to start week one, right?

If he looks slightly rusty in those two games you could even have him play some the final preseason game to see if he is improving.

I HOPE he can start week 1

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would say he becomes a full time starter by week 3, while working back into football shape in Vic's sub-packages over the rest of the preseason and the first two weeks of the regular season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would say he becomes a full time starter by week 3, while working back into football shape in Vic's sub-packages over the rest of the preseason and the first two weeks of the regular season.

Considering Fangio's penchant for playing coverage instead of extra man pressure, I am more interested in seeing how exactly Vic would deploy his defense (assuming Smith is playing as well as we are hoping). Would he more often than not opt to keep Tre and Quan on the field instead of bringing in an extra DB?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He does it to you too?

You're still on this? I know it's tough for you to get, there was no stalking. I did dislike you more than once over a few weeks time. Seems you forgot this but your constant weeping, moaning and groaning about A. Jeffery leaving set an all time new "can't let it go" record on CCS which makes you the frontrunner by a huge margin the probable winner of the big baby award. But no, there was'nt any stalking, just me responding to your continual crying which your sorry ask reported me for.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is that funny and why did you pick my post and not the others who predicted week 1? You are a fucking stalker who never even discusses football.

So I make a (1) comment and that's stalking? Any other examples of me stalking you?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're still on this? I know it's tough for you to get, there was no stalking. I did dislike you more than once over a few weeks time. Seems you forgot this but your constant weeping, moaning and groaning about A. Jeffery leaving set an all time new "can't let it go" record on CCS which makes you the frontrunner by a huge margin the probable winner of the big baby award. But no, there was'nt any stalking, just me responding to your continual crying which your sorry ask reported me for.

Gets my vote for the Big Baby Award, although it is a tight race

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Week 3 starter. Week 1, he will play, but Kwiatkowski will be getting most of the snaps. Then a gradual ramp up to starting week 3 with Kwiatkowski getting less and less snaps. Kwiatowski is a big hitter out there and is a pretty good linebacker.

If Kwiatkowski gets a lot of snaps against GB, we will be in big trouble.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
After DT gets injured like always, week two.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Doesn't need to start...doesn't need the preseason...unleash this guy week 1 in the effort to stun the Pack, erase the tense feelings of contract negotiation, and begin a new era of strong "D" in the middle of this defense.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Depends if he is up to speed on pass coverage. If he is, probably week 1 start. Pretty sure he will have no problem with gap control on runs.