Jerry says........................

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I would fucking love to have mack on this team. Obviously the benefits of that would be great. It would cost too much draft capital and that contract would be insane. Pace is building nicely through the draft. Keep those draft picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd do it. I'd give two 1st. We payed Glennon 18mil, what's another 4 mil?

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Honestly, a single first for Mack is a no-brainer for me. Two 1's is a little much, but I'd still consider it. A 1st in 2019 and 2nd in 2020 I'd probably do that too.

Plus, we aren't paying Trubisky $30M a year. If the team looks primed for a run, again, based on the offense's progress, I'd pull the trigger on Mack.

This is the reason a move like this could be feasible. If you are going to spend big money on stud defensive players you have to do it while your qb is on a rookie deal. We have a 4 yr window at this point to add as much talent as possible before it comes time to pay Mitch. (Assuming he plays well enough to earn a second contract)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The goal of next year's draft would be to get a passrusher. We'd then have to hope that he becomes as good as Mack. Why not just trade the 1st for Mack?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The goal of next year's draft would be to get a passrusher. We'd then have to hope that he becomes as good as Mack. Why not just trade the 1st for Mack?

This is my thinking on it. Plus, what are the odds that the player you draft with that pick end up an all-pro, DPOY like Mack?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, a single first for Mack is a no-brainer for me. Two 1's is a little much, but I'd still consider it. A 1st in 2019 and 2nd in 2020 I'd probably do that too.

Plus, we aren't paying Trubisky $30M a year. If the team looks primed for a run, again, based on the offense's progress, I'd pull the trigger on Mack.

This. I saw that elsewhere too about him likely commanding a 1st in '19 + a 2nd in '20, but not worth more, which I agree. Even this is pricey given the huge contract he'll hit the cap with.

Bears ARE well below the cap now however, so perhaps a front-loaded contract could make him and the future cap balance happy once several of the now young starters are ready for their 2nd contract hikes.

There's a current window of a few years before prices skyrocket on this roster.

Question is: Is a known proven but expensive Mack on the roster in '18 THAT much better than an "unknown" 1st Rd. pass rush pick who will be good for 4-5 years of cheap service in '19?

napo55

Liked Posts:
They have more draft capital to trade for him.

True, but the Bears are projected to have a higher 1st round pick than the packers, and could sweeten the deal with additional draft choices. But don't worry, it won't happen.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I'd rather know what Jerry Azumah thinks we should do

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think we should go and get Mack and say fuck it. In this new NFL your best change to win is with your QB on his rookie deal. Even if we don’t get him at least run the Packers up. I would hate watching Khalil Mack destroy Bobby Massie and Mitch when we could have had the BPA at our biggest need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see 2 first. And Jerry Angelo, really? Horrible GM.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
This would be legit if Trubs and offense were ready to compete in 2018, and I don't think that's the case, as already said, there will be some growing pains in 2018.

So from that perspective, this kind of major move would make sense only in 2019, when the team (and Trubs) will (hopefully) be ready to compete for Playoffs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely not.

Some ppl really need to learn a basic understanding of the salary cap...

Everyone wants a Mack but at what cost? Don't care as much about the money which will end up being around $20m but the draft revenue required to do this for a team that isn't yet ready for a SB run. That said, I don't think a Fangio D needs a $20m player. He'll create plenty of pressure with what he has now.

They likely won't trade him anyway. He'll be tagged at $18m if not signed so unless somebody gives up a lot, it's not happening. In fact, they can have him for 2 years at $20m per under that formula. If the Pack are willing to part with their 2 1s next year, they have a shot and would be a logical get for a team trying to win while Rodgers is still elite. Maybe their 2 1s and Matthews.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If u can go get him...go get him, he is a rare breed.......especially when u bring in mfers like Glennon for 18mil.