Jerry says........................

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Packers are the favorite to land him...

If they land him, watch how these money cap gurus cry, when he is literally fucking us up two games a year. Matthew's who in my opinion was not as good, caused havoc and disruption for years.....but that 22 mil Mack wants though....Glennon is like, "no way Mack should be paid close to the 18 mil I got, look at all I have done."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glennon was a mistake and didn't cost us 2 1s. He has zero to do with this. It's not the money, it's the situation that isn't right for this team.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what situation would you want? you want to wait until Mitch is not on his rookie deal anymore and then he costs a shit ton more money? I think now's the time. The only thing keeping us from being a Superbowl contending team are QB and Pass rusher. We can get the pass rusher with the trade. We are not replacing Trubisky anytime soon. So if we fix the defense, the only limiting factor will be Trubisky. He has to sink or swim. Better we find out earlier if he can carry this team to the playoffs.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We traded two first for Cutler, at least this guy has been great in more than one season... hard not to think about it.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I’m probably the only person who simultaneously respects Angelo while thinking this is a bad idea.

Jerry Angelo was average at drafting football players. He was deathly afraid of any 1st round picks because he saw them as huge risks. I wonder how many times he traded down to not have to take the risk of a 1st round pick?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1st and a 5th next season and a 2nd the following season. Let's get it done.
That's about what I was thinking.

The Bears 1st with Mack on this team has a good shot at being in the 20s (aka playoff team) or at least close to it. Olb is their biggest need. Likely going to either spend money or draft one early next off-season. Even more likely that player they sign or draft will never be close to as good as Mack.

Also, the Bears are good in cap space for at least 3 years. They also have very few important FAs and very few needs unless players they already have don't pan out. Goldman is the biggest FA. After that, Amos, Massie, Howard (after 2019), Whitehair (after 2019) are either replaceable or cheap to re-up sign/replace. Guys like Trevathan and White are as good as gone. Everyone else important is under contract thru the end of 2020.

Plus, Mack would likely make Floyd better and worth the investment the Bears spent on him and are going to spend with his 3rd year option.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
People keep saying this year's team isn't ready, but that's not relevant. He would sign a five year deal not a one year deal. Maybe he would help us get to 8 wins this year before rising next season. We may also need him here for a year to get acclimated to our D and with the players. Second bonus would be keeping him out of GB if those rumors are true.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
why does everyone assume mack is on the trade block?? raiders havent put him up for trade but everyone assumes that since there has been minimal contact he's available. imo its a pissing match between gruden and mack and gruden being the tough sob he will not give in. Mack is going to play at some point this year and will at the very least get tagged by the raiders who have more than enough cap to do it. Next summer if the raiders can work something out he may be available...A 1st and 3rd would be my offer given his contract demands.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is my thinking on it. Plus, what are the odds that the player you draft with that pick end up an all-pro, DPOY like Mack?

Roquan Smith? That is what we could lose, 2 Smith's and 100 mil. No for me. Love the guy but would not pay that price right now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would definitely give up a 1st for Mack. Not two first though.

Although I would wait until we figure out if Trubs is legit. If he isn't the answer then Mack doesnt help us. If Trubs has a Goff like leap then Mack makes us a playoff contender.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With a GM who's a really good talent evaluator and hits on his high picks, I wouldn't use two high picks on a non-QB. But with the guy who brought in White, Floyd, Trubisky, Shaheen, and whose best top 2 round pick was a center who can't do shotgun snaps, I would go for it.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would definitely give up a 1st for Mack. Not two first though.

Although I would wait until we figure out if Trubs is legit. If he isn't the answer then Mack doesnt help us. If Trubs has a Goff like leap then Mack makes us a playoff contender.

I feel like so many Bears fans are setting themselves up for failure hoping for this. If Trubs is the 15th best QB this year with the arrow still pointing north I'll be happy. A Goff like leap would be amazing but doubtful IMO. (I've always felt this way for anyone whining I'm setting the bar low)

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
With a GM who's a really good talent evaluator and hits on his high picks, I wouldn't use two high picks on a non-QB. But with the guy who brought in White, Floyd, Trubisky, Shaheen, and whose best top 2 round pick was a center who can't do shotgun snaps, I would go for it.

Outside of a injured White I love all those picks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
why does everyone assume mack is on the trade block?? raiders havent put him up for trade but everyone assumes that since there has been minimal contact he's available. imo its a pissing match between gruden and mack and gruden being the tough sob he will not give in. Mack is going to play at some point this year and will at the very least get tagged by the raiders who have more than enough cap to do it. Next summer if the raiders can work something out he may be available...A 1st and 3rd would be my offer given his contract demands.

This.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Outside of a injured White I love all those picks.
You love the value of clumsy Shaheen as a second round pick? Serviceable Floyd as a top ten pick? Really? Well, ok.

Point is though, while he's brought in some serviceable players and some pretty good players, he's hit on no elite players. Mack is an elite player at a premium position which happens to be our weakest on defense.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
You love the value of clumsy Shaheen as a second round pick? Serviceable Floyd as a top ten pick? Really? Well, ok.

Point is though, while he's brought in some serviceable players and some pretty good players, he's hit on no elite players. Mack is an elite player at a premium position which happens to be our weakest on defense.

I don't understand the aversion to bringing in a top defensive player

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

How do you know he's not on the trading block? It's not something they're gonna publicly announce.