At what point does Kevin White need to play specials?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
White really turned out to be this generation's Limas Sweed.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Listening to the Hoge and Jahns podcast both reporters talked about how Kevin White has been descending in the last few weeks and appears at best to be the 4th WR, but it appears that Wims is moving on him quickly there.

At what point does Kevin White have to play special teams to have value to the roster?

If he is the 5th WR then traditionally he needs to be on special teams to really bring value for having a jersey on during games.

Didn’t Wims drop many passes today?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

greg23

Liked Posts:
If the bears are keeping 6 wr; who's making it over him on the 53 man roster?

Ar
Gabriel
Miller
Bellamy
Wims
Pegleg

?????

Tanner Gentry? He can slide to the ps easily
Bennie Fowler? Bellamy does the same thing no reason to keep both
???

Not a big white fan as I think he's a complete bust who is also injury prone but at this point no real reason to cut him. Keep his on the 53 but inactive on game days (insurance)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the bears are keeping 6 wr; who's making it over him on the 53 man roster?

Ar
Gabriel
Miller
Bellamy
Wims
Pegleg

?????

Tanner Gentry? He can slide to the ps easily
Bennie Fowler? Bellamy does the same thing no reason to keep both
???

Not a big white fan as I think he's a complete bust who is also injury prone but at this point no real reason to cut him. Keep his on the 53 but inactive on game days (insurance)

Insurance is only valuable if it does what you need it to.

Like keeping a snowmobile as insurance in case it floods.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
KW is pretty much done unless he picks it up in the Denver game. He will be the #5 we...behind Wims...mierda..what a waste of a pick.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think it would be a miracle for White to have a productive season even if he stays healthy. He's not gonna take targets away from Robinson, Gabriel, Cohen, and Burton. Miller is already a better WR prospect and that's with White in his 4th year. In a best case scenario, White would catch something like 20 balls on the season and put up a few hundred yards. He needs to stay healthy in order to find a gig after this season with another team. If he ends up on IR again, his NFL career is over. You have to feel sorry for the guy since his confidence must be in the gutter. In the back of his head, he has to be thinking am I gonna be injured every time he gets tackled.

The thing with White is that he was super raw coming out of college. The biggest thing he needed was reps at the NFL level. You could imagine his raw ability being able to get him by while he honed his technique as a WR. He's never had the opportunity to do that though. He's still the same raw prospect coming out of college 4 years later.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The truth is that Wims has showed the Bears more in 2 preseason games than White has showed the Bears in 3 seasons. Wims is also super cheap for the next 3 years after this one. You invest time to develop Wims not White. White's window shut a long time ago.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
KW is pretty much done unless he picks it up in the Denver game. He will be the #5 we...behind Wims...mierda..what a waste of a pick.

Yep, total waste of a pick. Nothing sets your team back more than completely whiffing on top 10 picks like this.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Now that Kevin's finally healthy, it'll be like having two first round picks

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I thought that was Mizzell.

Him too. But this is what was posted yesterday from practice. #83 is Wims.
59477abd7315c24efa577a94ad51ccbd.png

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Kevin should never get anywhere near to Special Teams. We know that the dude is fragile. He will break. Best to limit his exposure.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You're spinning a Remy-level vortex here. I'll let You go back and read before you continue your foolishness.

#readingcomprehensionisagoodthing

hvmCMm1.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to the Hoge and Jahns podcast both reporters talked about how Kevin White has been descending in the last few weeks and appears at best to be the 4th WR, but it appears that Wims is moving on him quickly there.

At what point does Kevin White have to play special teams to have value to the roster?

If he is the 5th WR then traditionally he needs to be on special teams to really bring value for having a jersey on during games.

[video=youtube_share;jF56zOFYjvw]https://youtu.be/jF56zOFYjvw[/video]

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The only WR pushed off the roster if we keep White would be Bellamy. And Bellamy isn't the future either. I just can't see Bellamy's STs value being more than White's price tag. And believe it or not, there's still a slim chance they can salvage White....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only WR pushed off the roster if we keep White would be Bellamy. And Bellamy isn't the future either. I just can't see Bellamy's STs value being more than White's price tag. And believe it or not, there's still a slim chance they can salvage White....

I noticed Wims playing special teams in the 1st quarter with the first team last week.

AussieBear

phuc 5th.. he needs gone

fragile.. that broken confidence has led to shit hands from already questionable hands.

both parties need a fresh start.. especially white if he be wants to salvage his career. bears be moved on in a sense with new bodies. BUT pace ,, dat ego n pride is getting in the way of a cut already... does pace actually hold himself accountable for a change....n before the season starts,,, cuts dat shit. or does he try n save face (cause pace is never wrong, according to pace) at the expense of the team and another player who deserves that spot..

truss me, the playas are watching..

did u see that td in practice today... damn i change my mind... def the #2

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
White really turned out to be this generation's Limas Sweed.

That's pretty good comparison actually. Both players dominated in college, dealt with injuries early in their career, and never developed into NFL wide receivers.

It sucks that White got hurt. It's not his fault or Pace's . He seems like a good kid and a really hard worker but I have seen nothing to make me think he is a starting NFL receiver. If you're not a starter you need to play special teams. If you can't play special teams you need your walking papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk