IST: Cubs @ Pirates

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Im guessing he been hurt since they pulled him from the rotation and was hoping the rest would heal it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It might have until they had him pitch out of the bullpen on the 11th.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It might have until they had him pitch out of the bullpen on the 11th.
Yea..
His last start was the 7th, he pitched 1 inning on the 11th and that been it..

You dont come up with inflammation sitting on the bench..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Where is Drew Smyly in his rehab?
As of a couple days ago, not even close yet..

He said he was still in recovery mode ..

Here a little quote from him..

I’m just not really responding the way I want. I would love to get out there as fast as possible, but your arm doesn’t really allow you to do it. I just have to go with the way my body tells me.”

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
just gotta predict that Chatwood is going to throw 7 strong innings tomorrow and they will put him back in the rotation.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
As for tonight's game, looking at the future 'cast radar at Weather.com, it looks like the rain ought to clear out in the Pittsburgh area at about 8pm CDT. Give the ground crew some time to clan things up, and it looks like the game starts at about 9pm CDT, or 10pm EDT.

Good thing that 1) today isn't a getaway day, and 2) tomorrow is scheduled as a night game, as well.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
just gotta predict that Chatwood is going to throw 7 strong innings tomorrow and they will put him back in the rotation.
Have to think, unless he gets shallacked again..
He'll probably get at least 1 more start after this

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hmm... the official Cubs website just changed the status of the game from "Delayed- Rain" to "Warmup". I'd have to think that means that the rain has stopped. How soon before first pitch, who knows.

You know, last year, before they re-worked their website, the NBC SportsNet Chicago website had this "Pulse" section. It was generally useless, except in these cases when there is a rain delay. In these cases, members of the media and team representatives would come out and give us the time the umps and ground crew were shooting for, in terms of starting (or re-starting) a game after a rain delay.

That feature is gone from that site. Is there any other site anyone knows about where someone like me, sitting in Minneapolis and waiting for the Extra Innings package telecast to change from "Rain Delay" to a live feed again, to see where the people in the press box are posting the projected start times?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hmm... the official Cubs website just changed the status of the game from "Delayed- Rain" to "Warmup". I'd have to think that means that the rain has stopped. How soon before first pitch, who knows.

You know, last year, before they re-worked their website, the NBC SportsNet Chicago website had this "Pulse" section. It was generally useless, except in these cases when there is a rain delay. In these cases, members of the media and team representatives would come out and give us the time the umps and ground crew were shooting for, in terms of starting (or re-starting) a game after a rain delay.

That feature is gone from that site. Is there any other site anyone knows about where someone like me, sitting in Minneapolis and waiting for the Extra Innings package telecast to change from "Rain Delay" to a live feed again, to see where the people in the press box are posting the projected start times?
First pitch is now

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yep, I see that. Would have been nice to know they were aiming for about now when they first knew about it in the press box, which would have had to have been a good 30 to 40 minutes ago.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Thanks, Schwarbs! That sure helps. Been a while since you hit one out, as well -- good to see.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hmm... any team ever turn 9 double plays in a regulation 9-inning game?

It's not like you can get more than one of those per inning... ;)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmm... any team ever turn 9 double plays in a regulation 9-inning game?

It's not like you can get more than one of those per inning... ;)

It's not 9 but I think the record is like 6 or 7.....which is crazy.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
It's not 9 but I think the record is like 6 or 7.....which is crazy.

Yeah, Len Kasper just said it was seven. Weird, I typed that message, and then the next inning started and Kasper said the same thing I just typed, almost word for word, that you can't get more than one double play per inning.

We could set a new major league record tonight, guys. It depends on the Pirates getting someone on base in every remaining inning with either no outs or one out, of course... ;)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yep, I see that. Would have been nice to know they were aiming for about now when they first knew about it in the press box, which would have had to have been a good 30 to 40 minutes ago.
Not sure what you use to keep track but they had 750 CST for a start a some point around 715...

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Not sure what you use to keep track but they had 750 CST for a start a some point around 715...

All I have right now is this website, and the Cubs' official website. The official website said nothing beyond "rain delay" right up until it changed from Delayed Start to Warmup in its label on the Gameday page.

Where did you see that projected start time? On the Cubs Twitter feed or something?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Thanks, Schwarbs! That sure helps. Been a while since you hit one out, as well -- good to see.

Fangraphs had an article today basically saying "Schwarber is who he is at this point", or a .250 hitter who'll give you 30+ HRs and play average to below average defense. I still think there's a lot left in that bat that we haven't seen.