IST: Cubs @ Pirates

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
My white sux question is will Renteria have the same role he did with the cubs until the sox hire a big name, like Girardi or Scioscia

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
My white sox question is will Renteria have the same role he did with the cubs until the sox hire a big name, like Girardi or Scioscia
FTFY
It could happen, but I'm pretty much fine with Renteria.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The whole Koplesh promote is over rated. Sox had cheatcode with Sale and that didn’t make them a play off contender.

Until they have Cease and Eloy on the team it is just something to talk about.

Looking at MBC sports chi they are making it out to be the 2nd coming. They already had the best pitcher in the AL and it didn’t guarantee anything.

I just see them promoting Eloy in Sept to get free service time then delay him to screw him more.

Honestly I thought Hanson would have been a strong #2 but he seems to have taken a step back.

Lopez also has a solid ceiling and I kinda expect the same results from most of the arms promoting. Good numbers poor results.

In general the Sox have stock piled arms and like the Mets some will work and others will not. But as long as the train keeps pushing hot arms up it works.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Moncada is a core piece. Abreu is a core piece. Lopez is a core piece. Giolito could be assuming he rights the ship in the offseason. Tim Anderson is on the fence.

Coming up though, we have a lot of potential after Kopech and Jimenez.
Abreu old... he not gonna be around 8n 2-3 yrs...

So basically they got very little right now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The whole Koplesh promote is over rated. Sox had cheatcode with Sale and that didn’t make them a play off contender.

Until they have Cease and Eloy on the team it is just something to talk about.

Looking at MBC sports chi they are making it out to be the 2nd coming. They already had the best pitcher in the AL and it didn’t guarantee anything.

I just see them promoting Eloy in Sept to get free service time then delay him to screw him more.

Honestly I thought Hanson would have been a strong #2 but he seems to have taken a step back.

Lopez also has a solid ceiling and I kinda expect the same results from most of the arms promoting. Good numbers poor results.

In general the Sox have stock piled arms and like the Mets some will work and others will not. But as long as the train keeps pushing hot arms up it works.

It's what they do best, produce pitchers, however this time around they have the offensive specs as well which should make a dramatic difference in results this time around.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Abreu old... he not gonna be around 8n 2-3 yrs...

So basically they got very little right now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He's got 2-3 years left. Not worried.

Yes very little right now. Most of the players are still in the minors. No one is worried about it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It's what they do best, produce pitchers, however this time around they have the offensive specs as well which should make a dramatic difference in results this time around.

They had talent before. They just had more payroll attached to it.

If Lopez and Rondon take the next step and Kopech eases in next year into the ace role. At that point they need to fill the 4/5 with f/a to be semi competitive. If they decide to keep it cheep then it is waiting for Cease etc to pan.

Goleta etc are sub par pitchers. They might be decent 2 inning arms but I really don’t care enough to accually look deeper into it. Rather cut loss and sign proven bets around the core and play meaning ful games again myself.

That way arm’s like Cease force decisions vs are your salvation.

I’m partial to the Cubs methodology honestly and it is a good model. Anything less is just being cheap

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They had talent before. They just had more payroll attached to it.

If Lopez and Rondon take the next step and Kopech eases in next year into the ace role. At that point they need to fill the 4/5 with f/a to be semi competitive. If they decide to keep it cheep then it is waiting for Cease etc to pan.

Goleta etc are sub par pitchers. They might be decent 2 inning arms but I really don’t care enough to accually look deeper into it. Rather cut loss and sign proven bets around the core and play meaning ful games again myself.

That way arm’s like Cease force decisions vs are your salvation.

I’m partial to the Cubs methodology honestly and it is a good model. Anything less is just being cheap

This is so hard to read, can you re-do?