If Kirk Cousins goes down week 1, could be bears be considered favorites to win North

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. Cmon guys. This team will never be favored against GB or Min until they win a bunch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That is exactly what I think keeps the Bears from winning more than seven games. QB is still the most important position and as it stands today...Rodgers, Cousins and Stafford are all better quarterbacks. I just cannot see Trubisky having a better season than all three or even two of those three.

Maybe next season once all the wrinkles get ironed out in 2018.

Yeah i just think all this talk of the Bears being or doing what the Rams did in 2017 is so premature and puts a ton of pressure on Trubisky mentally. I'd be happy with 5-6-7 wins this year as long as Trubisky shows he's growing and this team plays hard and looks like they're growing in this Nagy system and Nagy doesn't look like a moron as a first time HC.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What do you mean? Even with Cousins...the Bears are the best team

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
Pass to run ratio might be more accurate. I dont think this team is set up to win if nagy calls the game like Reid in the 65%+ range, I think 60% should be the max the way this team is set up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont see the vikings as the favorites for the division. Sometimes dumping all your quarterbacks for a big name big dollar guy works opposite of how it goes on paper.

People dont seem to realize Jimmy Graham is one of the best TE's in football.

We still need to see in Rodgers gets his 40 million or whatever he is looking for and how bad the supporting cast is going to get. You want the big dollars, you get new rookie receivers.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Kirk Cousins goes down...on Aaron Rodgers forcing him out of the closet and the media finds out, the distraction alone might allow the Bears to sneak in and win the division...

Monster

Liked Posts:
I’m a very Big Bear Homer...
We are the 4th best team in the North.

Until they prove otherwise...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have nothing to rely upon to answer the question.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
I Dont think this team can win many if they have to throw more than 30 times a game

I think you’re jumping on the gun on this. It’s tough to rate a pool player at breaking the eight ball by watching him win the game on a split without calling the pocket. If Mitch never got a chance to through 30 times how can you state he can’t win while doing it?

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
I think you’re jumping on the gun on this. It’s tough to rate a pool player at breaking the eight ball by watching him win the game on a split without calling the pocket. If Mitch never got a chance to through 30 times how can you state he can’t win while doing it?
I think mitch is a good QB with good leadership skills that the guys can get behind. I don't know if he can consistently make the throws he will need to though, he has to be more efficient this year

baredown

Liked Posts:
If Kirk Cousins goes down week 1, could the bears be considered favorites to win North?

If the question was whether the Bears could win the NFC North if Cousins went down in week 1, the answer would be 'possibly, but not very likely'.

However, the question was whether the Bears could be considered favorites to win it. The Vegas odds tell that story with absolute clarity:

Minnesota - 4-5 to win the division
Green Bay - 8-5 to win the division
Detroit - 7-1 to win the division
Chicago - 12-1 to win the division

So, the answer is an unquestionable 'no'. Green Bay would be the favorite. I'm guessing Minnesota wouldn't fall farther than 2nd. They're 4-5 now because of their defense, not because of Cousins.

This thread can be closed now, since the question posed has been answered conclusively...

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
If Kirk Cousins goes down...on Aaron Rodgers forcing him out of the closet and the media finds out, the distraction alone might allow the Bears to sneak in and win the division...
If Rogers goes down (again) on Cousins does that make Kirk G**?