2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Who wins this trade...

Kareem Hunt and Juju Smith-Schuster for Davante Adams and Gronk?

Based off the team you posted I am assuming you would be able to start Hunt in the flex spot with Juju in the WR2 spot. I don't think the drop off from Adams to Juju is that bad and the upgrade you get from Davis to Hunt is pretty big. So the deciding factor is what you lose from Gronk to Njoku. Gronk is always an injury risk and there are a lot of mouths to feed in Cleveland. Don't think the trade is bad for you, but if I were in your shoes I probably would wait until after week 2 or 3 before exploring trades

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Davante > JuJu
Hunt > Gronk

idk seems like both sides can come away winners.

I hate it when people look at a trade as a player vs player comparison instead of looking at the team composition after the trade.

Mitchapalooza

McKinnon most likely just tore his ACL. BRB killing myself.

Mitchapalooza

You’ll be fine. Better now than week 14. You can at least adjust.

Lol my other RBs are Melvin Gordon, Dion Lewis, Aaron Jones (suspended), Ronald Jones, Breida + Morris.

Lewis was my flex but I might have to make Morris or Breida my flex now until Edelman is back from suspension.

I wanna flex Agholor but Foles is starting and it's Thursday, kinda scares me away.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Lol my other RBs are Melvin Gordon, Dion Lewis, Aaron Jones (suspended), Ronald Jones, Breida + Morris.

Lewis was my flex but I might have to make Morris or Breida my flex now until Edelman is back from suspension.

I wanna flex Agholor but Foles is starting and it's Thursday, kinda scares me away.

Flex Agholor. With Alshon dealing with his yearly injuries now, Agholor will get looks. Lewis as your #2 and let the others shake out for a week. That's what I would do.

I wouldn't want to guess at anything for your other backs until I saw at least one game. Go safe floor over hoping you pick the right guy out of 3 for the home run.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Flex Agholor. With Alshon dealing with his yearly injuries now, Agholor will get looks. Lewis as your #2 and let the others shake out for a week. That's what I would do.

I wouldn't want to guess at anything for your other backs until I saw at least one game. Go safe floor over hoping you pick the right guy out of 3 for the home run.

I concur. I like Agholor this season. Drafted him in almost all leagues. Think he's a 80/1000/10 candidate with a healthy Wentz.

Mitchapalooza

Yeah I'm flexing Agholor. Just stuck with Dion Lewis as my RB2 this week and for the near future, don't like that. I always have a hole at RB2 every year lol never fails. I'm hoping Breida/Morris do well or that Ronald Jones takes over that TB backfield.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm flexing Agholor. Just stuck with Dion Lewis as my RB2 this week and for the near future, don't like that. I always have a hole at RB2 every year lol never fails. I'm hoping Breida/Morris do well or that Ronald Jones takes over that TB backfield.

I just read the Yahoo notes on Ronald Jones and apparently he had a terrible preseason. 22 carries for 28 yards. He isn't the starter. Sucks, I drafted him in every league.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea...pretty sure his own coach threw him under the bus. Peyton Barber had a great preseason

Mitchapalooza

I just read the Yahoo notes on Ronald Jones and apparently he had a terrible preseason. 22 carries for 28 yards. He isn't the starter. Sucks, I drafted him in every league.

2nd round pick tho so i feel like they'll give him opportunities and hopefully he'll take advantage of them unlike preseason.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yea...pretty sure his own coach threw him under the bus. Peyton Barber had a great preseason

Pretty much a guy you stash on the end of your bench in hopes of an injury or he takes off halfway through the season.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My draft from my big money league last night, drafting from the #2 spot in a 12 team league:

QB - Carr
RB - Gurley, Howard, L. Miller, K Johnson, J Williams, J Conner
WR - Baldwin, Shepard, M Williams, DJ Moore, C Godwin, Kupp
TE - Kelce

Taking Kelce in the 3rd hurt me in the WR spot. The way I am looking at it is Kelce is my #1 WR...or as long as he gives me those type of numbers I should be alright.

Mitchapalooza

My draft from my big money league last night, drafting from the #2 spot in a 12 team league:

QB - Carr
RB - Gurley, Howard, L. Miller, K Johnson, J Williams, J Conner
WR - Baldwin, Shepard, M Williams, DJ Moore, C Godwin, Kupp
TE - Kelce

Taking Kelce in the 3rd hurt me in the WR spot. The way I am looking at it is Kelce is my #1 WR...or as long as he gives me those type of numbers I should be alright.

Nice team. WR is your only weak spot after Baldwin. Gurley at 2 is nice, did the guy at 1 take Bell and is it PPR? Your RBs look really good.

Mitchapalooza

Ronald Jones listed as 3rd string behind Jacquizz lmao damn. Still gonna stash him. Hope he earns that spot down the road this year.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice team. WR is your only weak spot after Baldwin. Gurley at 2 is nice, did the guy at 1 take Bell and is it PPR? Your RBs look really good.
Yeah he went Bell even after news broke that he still hasn't shown up. My original plan was to go Johnson because I thought he would go Gurley. It is PPR, hoping Miller sees a bunch of targets. Someone offered me Goodwin for Miller

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mitchapalooza

Yeah he went Bell even after news broke that he still hasn't shown up. My original plan was to go Johnson because I thought he would go Gurley. It is PPR, hoping Miller sees a bunch of targets. Someone offered me Goodwin for Miller

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I like Goodwin this year. That wouldn't be a bad trade but Miller gets mad volume he just never produces like he's suppose to.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Baldwin or Kupp for Flex? .5 PPR. Baldwin basically said he's won't be 100% Sunday and has a tough match up. Makes me nervous.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Baldwin or Kupp for Flex? .5 PPR. Baldwin basically said he's won't be 100% Sunday and has a tough match up. Makes me nervous.

If you are trying to decide on Baldwin in your Flex, that means you have solid plays at your regular WR position...so I think going Kupp would be a little bit of a gamble but worth it.