2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I'm trying to get Barkley. Offering up Thielen. I doubt he takes it, but I never offer too much to start. Figure it might at least peak his interest. Goal is to get Barkley and keep Zeke.

Since you have zeke, who would you start if you had Jordan Howard and zeke on your roster? I’m stuck on that decision right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Since you have zeke, who would you start if you had Jordan Howard and zeke on your roster? I’m stuck on that decision right now.

Who's your other rb? I'd start both. If it comes down to one, I just can't bench zeke. You know he's going to get opportunities.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Who's your other rb? I'd start both. If it comes down to one, I just can't bench zeke. You know he's going to get opportunities.

I have these guys.

Zeke
Conner
Howard
Carson
James white

Also, would you start Mahomes or Ryan?

Julio Jones or Calvin Ridley

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have these guys.

Zeke
Conner
Howard
Carson
James white

I'd probably do zeke and Howard because of his matchup. Carson might have a big game, but he's also in a time share. Connor has had a couple huge games, but is playing a tough D. I'd also start ryan and Jones. Love that matchup personally.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So, with cook on a snap count, I am now in a conundrum. Roll the dice on cook with the snap count, or ronald jones and the hopeful majority share. Both have insanely good matchups, but cook obviously has the upper hand talent wise. I don't know if I should go with cook on 20-25 snaps or Jones for possibly an entire game. Breida put up 12.5 on hardly any snaps against Arizona last week. Seriously considering the healthy Jones, but I've heard no news about him vs barber.
Well, Vikings made my decision for me. Let's see if I get lucky lol.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd probably do zeke and Howard because of his matchup. Carson might have a big game, but he's also in a time share. Connor has had a couple huge games, but is playing a tough D. I'd also start ryan and Jones. Love that matchup personally.

Interesting, with Julio drawing double coverage, and for some reason having trouble finding the endzone, I would have went Ridley.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Interesting, with Julio drawing double coverage, and for some reason having trouble finding the endzone, I would have went Ridley.

I never bench my studs. It's why I'd also go Zeke despite the matchup. If they have a bad game and I lose, it doesn't bother me because the thought to bench them never crossed my mind. If you play matchups with those two, and you lose while they go off on your bench, you'll slam your head against the wall. I've certainly gotten too cute and made those type of moves, and they almost always bite me in the ass.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never bench my studs. It's why I'd also go Zeke despite the matchup. If they have a bad game and I lose, it doesn't bother me because the thought to bench them never crossed my mind. If you play matchups with those two, and you lose while they go off on your bench, you'll slam your head against the wall. I've certainly gotten too cute and made those type of moves, and they almost always bite me in the ass.

Probably why I am not that good at it, I am a swing for the fences kinda guy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have these guys.

Zeke
Conner
Howard
Carson
James white

For the love of god, I really hope you ignored me and went with Connor. It really looks to me like Nagy was full of it when he was talking about Howard/Cohen being matchup dependent. After this game, he doesn't seem to have much love for Howard. I don't think he can be depended on going forward.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
For the love of god, I really hope you ignored me and went with Connor. It really looks to me like Nagy was full of it when he was talking about Howard/Cohen being matchup dependent. After this game, he doesn't seem to have much love for Howard.

I started Conner. But I benched zeke for Howard. Thinking the jags number 1 rush defense would just focus on him. I was wrong there.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I started Conner. But I benched zeke for Howard. Thinking the jags number 1 rush defense would just focus on him. I was wrong there.

The outcome of that game was a complete surprise. I don't think the Jags are very good this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seriously thinking of dropping Carr to pick up Mitch as a backup to Mahomes. I think the Bears play Detroit during Mahomes' bye.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rodgers on bye - should I be a homer and play Trubisky or pick up Jameis? I should be able to get either off of waivers.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
In the league I just made a trade in I ended up rolling without a kicker and won and was the highest scoring team of the week. So it got me thinking, why not hold off on picking up a kicker and use my FAAB/waiver moves to grab the best available player. And come sunday, based off of my matchup and players on my roster decide if it is worth dropping a player and grabbing a kicker. This would prevent another team from picking up the player dropped and potentially that player being used against me. Or if I decide to roll without a kicker, I am hoarding points on my bench that aren't available to opponents. Is this unethical to hoard a player and wait to drop them? Am I playing with fire and asking for this strategy to burn me at the most inopportune time?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Second question - I am 2-4 in another league where I have Gurley. I am 2 games out of the division lead and playing the division leader this week. We allow trading draft picks and because of that I have two trade deadlines...one for trades involving draft picks (which is wednesday this week) and one for just players (which is week 9). Just got offered a 1st round pick for Gurley. Basically if I trade Gurley I am throwing in the towel for this season and building for next...I am too competitive and still feel like I have a good chance. Am I being stubborn and should just take the pick? Or keep up the good fight and hope to make playoffs. My team is:

QB - Dalton, Mayfield
RB - Gurley, Conner, Howard, Miller, K. Johnson
WR - Kupp, Baldwin, Shepard, M Williams, Enunwa (hopefully dropping him for Godwin), Allsion
TE - Kelce

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Second question - I am 2-4 in another league where I have Gurley. I am 2 games out of the division lead and playing the division leader this week. We allow trading draft picks and because of that I have two trade deadlines...one for trades involving draft picks (which is wednesday this week) and one for just players (which is week 9). Just got offered a 1st round pick for Gurley. Basically if I trade Gurley I am throwing in the towel for this season and building for next...I am too competitive and still feel like I have a good chance. Am I being stubborn and should just take the pick? Or keep up the good fight and hope to make playoffs. My team is:

QB - Dalton, Mayfield
WR - Kupp, Baldwin, Shepard, M Williams, Enunwa (hopefully dropping him for Godwin), Allsion
TE - Kelce

Tough. Looking at this team though, I don't see a champion imho. Gurley and Kelce is your only real fire power. Your QB situation isn't ideal. Conner will likely be irrelevant soon and Howard's snaps have decreased every week this year. Miller just seems to suck. Kupp is looking like he's going to be out atleast a week, maybe more. Seattles offense is pretty terrible so hard to rely on Baldwin plus his nagging knee injury. Having two first rounders next year would be a huge advantage.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tough. Looking at this team though, I don't see a champion imho. Gurley and Kelce is your only real fire power. Your QB situation isn't ideal. Conner will likely be irrelevant soon and Howard's snaps have decreased every week this year. Miller just seems to suck. Kupp is looking like he's going to be out atleast a week, maybe more. Seattles offense is pretty terrible so hard to rely on Baldwin plus his nagging knee injury. Having two first rounders next year would be a huge advantage.

If Kupp didn't get injured I probably wouldn't even consider it...I view Kelce as my #1 WR and Kupp before the concussion game hase been a #1 WR. But now, my teams points come mainly from Gurley and Kelce and I have to hope Bell gets traded or continues to hold out until week 10. Howard is a crap shoot and so is Baldwin. I like Johnson but he is nothing more than a flex play and bye week filler. Dalton can be good enough but that is only if Gurley and Kelce have their typical strong games.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

QB - Dalton, Mayfield
TE - Kelce

How did you manage to get yourself into that QB situation?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How did you manage to get yourself into that QB situation?

I typically stream QB's and Dalton despite being a mediocre IRL QB...is a surprising solid fantasy QB

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow, I just found this thread. I'll update with my current situations later today. Thread subscribed!