2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hello,

I have my first draft tonight. I'm a little pissed its so early, but its the day that worked best for everyone. Figured I'd start up the advice thread for the season.

GOD BLESS

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Been trying to decide if I should setup a best ball league for CCS. Minimal work, zero opportunity for collusion or tomfollery, and would give people a chance to win cash and bragging rights. I am doing a few best ball leagues using the draft app and could be fun.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been trying to decide if I should setup a best ball league for CCS. Minimal work, zero opportunity for collusion or tomfollery, and would give people a chance to win cash and bragging rights. I am doing a few best ball leagues using the draft app and could be fun.

I would be game for that.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We get 12 players I will set it up....so 10 more players let me know

Mitchapalooza

Anyone else like Kenyan Drake this year? I'm gonna try to snag him in the mid rounds (5-6) in my money league.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah in rounds 5-6 it's not bad value and worth it, any earlier and I think there are better options at RB/WR

Mitchapalooza

Starters don't play this upcoming week in preseason right? My money league draft is this Saturday and some games are being played during the draft, just hate preseason injuries.

Got 9th pick in a 12 man ppr this year. Right now I'm looking at Barkley, Hopkins, Gordon. I think any of those 3 and I'll be happy.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Starters don't play this upcoming week in preseason right? My money league draft is this Saturday and some games are being played during the draft, just hate preseason injuries.

Got 9th pick in a 12 man ppr this year. Right now I'm looking at Barkley, Hopkins, Gordon. I think any of those 3 and I'll be happy.

I thought this was the week the starters play into the second half

Mitchapalooza

I thought this was the week the starters play into the second half
This upcoming one? Shiit. Well I draft Saturday night so most games will be played already in case of any major injuries.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This upcoming one? Shiit. Well I draft Saturday night so most games will be played already in case of any major injuries.

The third preseason game is usually the big one...this is why i try to have all my drafts scheduled after this week. I have one friday and it drives me crazy that it is this early

Mitchapalooza

The third preseason game is usually the big one...this is why i try to have all my drafts scheduled after this week. I have one friday and it drives me crazy that it is this early

yeah same, I wanted mine to be 4th week of preseason but this upcoming weekend is the only day everyone could be there. first time drafting this early in years.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Draft Jimmy G!!! Top 5 production that is going outside the top 12.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not buying it

I would say top 12 production going outside the top 12

Don't see Jimmy G outscoring a healthy Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Newton, Luck, Cousins, Brees, and Wentz...but he is definitely worth drafting at his current adp

Mitchapalooza

What pick do you guys have in your money league(s) this year?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What pick do you guys have in your money league(s) this year?

I lucked out in having early picks with my snake drafts this year...my big money league I have the #2 pick, had a bad year previously and I set the draft order by reverse standings. The two other snake drafts I am in were random drawings and ended up with the #3 pick in the 10 team league. The best part with that is I get 3 keepers and they are Gurley in the 2nd, Hopkins in the 3rd, and J Gordon in the 16th. The other league is an 8 team IDP league where I have the 4th pick. The other league I run is an auction league so draft position doesn't matter.

Mitchapalooza

Nice. I got fucked this year. Both 12 mans I got 8 and 9. Last year I had 7 lmao.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice. I got fucked this year. Both 12 mans I got 8 and 9. Last year I had 7 lmao.

The first 2-3 rounds are so deep it's not awful to be that late

Mitchapalooza

The first 2-3 rounds are so deep it's not awful to be that late
Yeah I think I have to go rb/rb because the rb drop off is pretty big by the time I pick in the 3rd. Maybe rb/wr if a good wr falls to me in the 2nd