Quintana Trade - Buyer's remorse?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Puctc2SjBF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puctc2SjBF4[/video]

Jose Quintana* 29 CHC 159.1 29 29 13 10 6 2 0 17 12 .586 1 2 0 0 13 45%

from your own link....

Not seeing your numbers on my link.

20 of 29 starts he's given up three earned runs or less. 19 of 29 starts 2 earned runs or less. That's what I am using as better than 50% of his starts.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Joe does go crazy to the pen so that's not his fault.

Yeah, well hitting 90+ pitches by the 5th inning is. Do you ever just man up and admit you were wrong? Your as childish as CB55. His % is currently the lowest it's been since 2012....he had 17 QS last year and won't even hit that. He's not a bad pitcher by any means but he is no TOR guy.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah, well hitting 90+ pitches by the 5th inning is. Do you ever just man up and admit you were wrong? Your as childish as CB55. His % is currently the lowest it's been since 2012....he had 17 QS last year and won't even hit that. He's not a bad pitcher by any means but he is no TOR guy.

Considering he can go 110 uhm, he's got one or two more innings in him. That''s not Q's fault. Again, u are saying because he goes less than six but gives up 0, 1, or 2 that it's a bad start. The one not admitting they are wrong is you. I've done so many times here.

If you want to say you just meant QS than say it.

original.gif

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He wouldn't be a fine Christian example, if he actually admitted he was wrong once in a while.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering he can go 110 uhm, he's got one or two more innings in him. That''s not Q's fault. Again, u are saying because he goes less than six but gives up 0, 1, or 2 that it's a bad start. The one not admitting they are wrong is you. I've done so many times here.

If you want to say you just meant QS than say it.

original.gif

Hopeless......

:enough:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shocked ....said no one

Hey....you got something right. Nice job. I don't think there is anyone here that is shocked that you are hopeless. Well done, sir.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Well Joe does go crazy to the pen so that's not his fault.

Eh, it's partly his fault because in a lot of these games, even if he gets through six innings, that's still a lot of runs on the board for six innings.

His schtick in having high value was always his ability to get a lot out of innings for you and with a slight decline in actual production (his K/9 ration was high 3s/low 4s in his peak and now its just about 2; his FIP is a run higher than his 2014-2017 FIP) paired with worse pitching, he's not what he was billed as. I never loved the idea of the trade and he certainly hasn't been good this year. He's at best "ok" this year but when you consider the super high cost they paid for him, it's simply not a trade the Cubs have gotten enough value out of to consider it valuable.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hey....you got something right. Nice job. I don't think there is anyone here that is shocked that you are hopeless. Well done, sir.

*pats diehardfan on the head* there there

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Just when I thought Q was starting to right the ship. Guy just doesn't have the goods. I wouldn't trust him at all in the playoffs.