Quintana Trade - Buyer's remorse?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How fast would Theo trade back Quintana for Eloy and Dylan Cease?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Did I start something. Oops

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would say no in public. Live not sure because if Q is fixed he is a 5 WAR pitcher. But as it shit is broke

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Trade was closer to Garzavalue IMO Just saying

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Please post a picture of your multiple World Series rings. Thanks in advance.

Come back to the Bears board so I can school you on NFL prospects some more...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Because Theo is a fucking idiot.
Yeah. 2 WS with the team with the 2nd longest streak w/o a WS win and 1 WS win so far with a team suffering a 108 year WS drought. That particular team has been to 3 straight Final Fours. Go look in the mirror and get back to us with who the real idiot is.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I accept your unconditional surrender.

My response about Theo was a tongue in cheek reply to the old geezer.

I wonder why no one will respond to the OP. :shrug:

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
My response about Theo was a tongue in cheek reply to the old geezer.

I wonder why no one will respond to the OP. :shrug:

People have responded, it's just difficult to have an intelligent discussion, sometimes, when some people feel the only way they can be "noticed" is by saying the absolute stupidest thing they can think of. And if you dislike them over being deliberately stupid, just to get noticed, they get all upset and insist you don't get their sense of "humor"... sigh...

The original post? No, I don't think the Cubs front office has any buyer's remorse over the deal. Recall, Quintana was the HOT trade prospect, in terms of starting pitchers, going into the 2017 non-waiver trade deadline. Everyone knew Q was for sale, and he was highly valued as a workhorse pitcher, with an ERA at or below 4, who at the very least had a history of taking a lot of innings and keeping his club in games.

When the Cubs managed to put together a deal for Q, before the ASG break, the pundits all felt that the Cubs had made the major move they needed to make in order to get to the playoffs. The Cubs had struggled through a difficult first half, were four or five games out of first in the division when the trade occurred, and for godsakes *Lackey* was our #4 starter up to that point. Our #5 was a collection of failed bullpen arms and guys who immediately went onto the DL and never came off. (Remember Brett Anderson?)

So, look at the results -- after trading for what the *entire league* felt was the best available pitcher in the market (last year's Chris Archer), moving Lackey to the #5 slot he was earning with his performance, and slotting Q in as our #4, the Cubs climbed back up to a second straight divisional title and NLCS appearance. Where we ran across a Dodgers team that could have come out in wheelchairs and still beaten any NL team in any series, they were playing so hot.

For 2017, my best evaluation of what happened is that the deal worked out exactly the way Theo wanted. It solidified the starting rotation and put the team in a position to win the division, which they did. The trade was a lot more about getting to the playoffs last year than anything to do with this year.

The buyer's remorse is all over Chatwood right now. The club was betting on him to turn into a solid #5, and the guy isn't pitching well enough to keep a job in the Northern League. Q has really not pitched all that badly; he's had a couple of bad stretches, but every pitcher in the league has those. Hell, Lester has had bad stretches, and Darvish hasn't on the whole even shown up yet. Compared to them, and Hendricks' inexplicable run of bad outings, Q isn't so much of a concern. And nowhere near as much a buyer's remorse guy as Chatwood is.

And, you know, the Cubs *are* leading the division, and have the best winning percentage in the NL, even with our underperforming team. Just sayin'... ;)

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
People have responded, it's just difficult to have an intelligent discussion, sometimes, when some people feel the only way they can be "noticed" is by saying the absolute stupidest thing they can think of. And if you dislike them over being deliberately stupid, just to get noticed, they get all upset and insist you don't get their sense of "humor"... sigh...

The original post? No, I don't think the Cubs front office has any buyer's remorse over the deal. Recall, Quintana was the HOT trade prospect, in terms of starting pitchers, going into the 2017 non-waiver trade deadline. Everyone knew Q was for sale, and he was highly valued as a workhorse pitcher, with an ERA at or below 4, who at the very least had a history of taking a lot of innings and keeping his club in games.

When the Cubs managed to put together a deal for Q, before the ASG break, the pundits all felt that the Cubs had made the major move they needed to make in order to get to the playoffs. The Cubs had struggled through a difficult first half, were four or five games out of first in the division when the trade occurred, and for godsakes *Lackey* was our #4 starter up to that point. Our #5 was a collection of failed bullpen arms and guys who immediately went onto the DL and never came off. (Remember Brett Anderson?)

So, look at the results -- after trading for what the *entire league* felt was the best available pitcher in the market (last year's Chris Archer), moving Lackey to the #5 slot he was earning with his performance, and slotting Q in as our #4, the Cubs climbed back up to a second straight divisional title and NLCS appearance. Where we ran across a Dodgers team that could have come out in wheelchairs and still beaten any NL team in any series, they were playing so hot.

For 2017, my best evaluation of what happened is that the deal worked out exactly the way Theo wanted. It solidified the starting rotation and put the team in a position to win the division, which they did. The trade was a lot more about getting to the playoffs last year than anything to do with this year.

The buyer's remorse is all over Chatwood right now. The club was betting on him to turn into a solid #5, and the guy isn't pitching well enough to keep a job in the Northern League. Q has really not pitched all that badly; he's had a couple of bad stretches, but every pitcher in the league has those. Hell, Lester has had bad stretches, and Darvish hasn't on the whole even shown up yet. Compared to them, and Hendricks' inexplicable run of bad outings, Q isn't so much of a concern. And nowhere near as much a buyer's remorse guy as Chatwood is.

And, you know, the Cubs *are* leading the division, and have the best winning percentage in the NL, even with our underperforming team. Just sayin'... ;)

The Cubs thought they were trading for a cost controlled top of the rotation work horse. Don't kid yourself. This wasn't a Aroldis Chapman type move.

You need to relax on the patting of the back bud. Anyone with a brain can see the NL is the B league of Major League Baseball.

Just reference the interleague record for the past 20+ years. The NL is pathetic. It even correlates over the all star game. Best winning % in the NL is the tallest midget award. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Cubs thought they were trading for a cost controlled top of the rotation work horse. Don't kid yourself. This wasn't a Aroldis Chapman type move.

You need to relax on the patting of the back bud. Anyone with a brain can see the NL is the B league of Major League Baseball.

Just reference the interleague record for the past 20+ years. The NL is pathetic. It even correlates over the all star game. Best winning % in the NL is the tallest midget award. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And yet in the last 10 years the NL has won the World Series 6 out of 10 times, which is the ultimate interleague play. Speaking of pathetic...your posts here are really bad.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And yet in the last 10 years the NL has won the World Series 6 out of 10 times, which is the ultimate interleague play. Speaking of pathetic...your posts here are really bad.

Well, the Bear Forum is still a massive bitchathon about Pace as a GM and Smith's hold out....nothing better to do than troll the Cub Forum. Probably a closet Sox fan anyway...still in hiding while they wait for kids to develop. Correction....they're always in hiding.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yeah, after an initial check-out period, I decided that the Bears forum is worthless. Just a bunch of idiots all trying to count coup on each other. Acting like a ton of first graders, mostly.

At least you get some decent discussion on this forum. Not to say we don't have our fair share of idiots and first graders, too. It's been a long time since supposedly grown-up people told me I was using too many big words and I had to dumb down what I was saying if the reader was going to have a shot at understanding it.

Just so y'all know, that's an insult aimed at some of you. And if you think I'm insulting *you* when I call out a group for having a bunch of idiots in it, I probably am... :D

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How fast would Theo trade back Quintana for Eloy and Dylan Cease?

That trade is not looking very good at the moment. Looks like the Cubs were robbed, currently speaking. It looks like the White Sox got more for Quintana then they did for Sale.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
White Sox basically got hard hitting LF of the future (Jimenez) and young pitcher with TOR stuff (Cease) for bottom of the rotation SP (Quintana), horrendous trade by Epstein.

Plus, Torres for 3 months of Chapman trade wasn't much better either, but at least Cubs got a title then.

And last, Darvish FA pickup also seems like a total fiasco ($126M for 6 years of BOR SP).

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, after an initial check-out period, I decided that the Bears forum is worthless. Just a bunch of idiots all trying to count coup on each other. Acting like a ton of first graders, mostly.

At least you get some decent discussion on this forum. Not to say we don't have our fair share of idiots and first graders, too. It's been a long time since supposedly grown-up people told me I was using too many big words and I had to dumb down what I was saying if the reader was going to have a shot at understanding it.

Just so y'all know, that's an insult aimed at some of you. And if you think I'm insulting *you* when I call out a group for having a bunch of idiots in it, I probably am... :D

It's always had its morons and meatheads, but there used to be some real quality posters there. Too bad Crys banned them all. It's barely readable now.