Colvin or Castro

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My immediate guess is Castro...mainly b/c Colvin's middle name is "Eugene".
Don't Believe Me?

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I'll say Castro because at this rate Colvin will never see any playing time. Especially with Soriano locked up for a few more years and Byrd too. Unless someone like Fukudome is traded.

Well I suppose Byrd could be traded too.

Either way, I believe Castro will have the better CUBS career.

If Colvin finds playing time with the Cubs or any other team through a trade, I bet he'd have a solid career.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I am going to go with Castro for now. Although with both being rookies it's hard to tell what will happen in their careers. For the Cubs sake I hope they both do good for many years to come. With the way they are going now it kind of reminds me of '89 when we had Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith. I just hope their careers don't end up like that.

Big Z

Byrd is the Word!
Liked Posts:
It's hard to make such early predictions but I agree that Castro definitely looks something special. Colvin could be a very good player but I'm not sure he can reach the sort of heights that Castro could.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In seriousness, Castro has more potential...whether or not he reaches it will determine which of the two will have the better career.

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
I think colvin will hit more homeruns but Castro will own him in all other categories. I also hope they both stay Cubs for a while.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
StarCast all the way.

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
I don't even think it is much of a question. Castro is one of the top prospects in baseball and is playing outstanding since his call up. Colvin is putting up good numbers, but keep in mind it is mainly against righties. You can never truly predict these things but if anyone would rather have Colvin than Castro I think you are out of your mind.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro by mile considering hes only 20 and should be cub for 15 years.. Colvin just needs some playing time but prolly wont get that for another 2 years

TheDude13

Liked Posts:
Colvin will have a good career, but if you look at all of the hype that Castro came with and all of the insiders saying he will be an All-Star shortstop for the Cubs for years to come, it should be a no brainer. We have seen good things from both, but Castro looks a lot more smooth in the field and a lot more comfortable in the batters box already, and he can't even legally drink yet.
If Colvin gets some time, he has the potential to be a big stick in the lineup, but IMO he doesn't solidify anything as much as Castro does.

Chitown

Liked Posts:
I think a better comparison is Castro and Cashner, I know cashner is a pitcher but both are TOP notch prospects. Colvin is just a solid prospect who should have a good pro career, at least imo

Cashner has been dominating this year so far, in the minors. I'd love to see him called up to see what he could do. His WHIP in AAA is .78 that is insanely good.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate that Jay Jackson and Cashner will likely be called up as bullpen arms, they have bright futures as top of the rotation starters

Big Z

Byrd is the Word!
Liked Posts:
I hope we don't do that. That's part of the reason IMO why Samardzija hasn't turned out as well as expected. Going from a starter at AAA to a reliever at MLB cannot be easy, and when you're being called up/sent down every few weeks it must completely kill a players development. Let them blossom in the minors and when we have a rotation spot and if they're ready, chuck 'em in.

Chitown

Liked Posts:
I couldn't agree more. However, I wish Samardzija would have stuck to football :p

But yea Cashner and Jackson will be much better served developing until a rotation spot opens.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Shark was good in 2008, so I think he has potential, he just sucks too much to notice it.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
The Shark was good in 2008, so I think he has potential, he just sucks too much to notice it.

he has good stuff, just can throw strikes consistently.