1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
LOve watching it and now that I'm retired I can watch as much as I want

Over the past 15 years Williamsport had to move the fence back to 225 feet from 200 feet. The main reasons where stronger kids, raised the age to 13 and those metal bats. Typical LL WS game might have 6 home runs with 1-2 in the 280-300 foot range

Well, this year LL changed the spec on the metal bats to reduce ball flight and it must have been a major change as over the 15 games played there might have been no more than 5 home runs.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The bats followed the pattern of the college/HS bats under the BBCOR certification, which essentially gives them the performance of a wood bat. Granted, the metal bat isn't going to be sawed in half on an inside pitch, but the move has been great for the game. These new USA bats perform the same way.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah its nice. I had to buy both my sons new bats this year that were in compliance with new rules. They have a different feel, and sound to the ones I played with as a kid.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The bats followed the pattern of the college/HS bats under the BBCOR certification, which essentially gives them the performance of a wood bat. Granted, the metal bat isn't going to be sawed in half on an inside pitch, but the move has been great for the game. These new USA bats perform the same way.
As I said, the reduction in distance has been dramatic. In the GA vs TX game last night there were 2 HRs but they barely made it over the fence. The other benefit has been more fly balls and gappers so there is more defensive plays

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Yeah its nice. I had to buy both my sons new bats this year that were in compliance with new rules. They have a different feel, and sound to the ones I played with as a kid.
When I was a kid it was wood, no metal. Of course my dad drove me to the games in a covered wagon

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Between what you’ve been watching at Williamsport and our Cubbies, you’ve seen an abundance of Little League play lately.
Aluminum/metal bats weren’t even allowed back in my day. And we all rode in the back of dad’s pickup truck.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Back in my day, we had aluminum bats and rode in the back of dad's pickup truck, too. It's been almost 45 years since the NCAA allowed aluminum bats (1974). We were swinging aluminum bats in LL back then.