LMAO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lets hope Murphy can provide a spark tomorrow. This offense right now is like watching Jon Schoop OC the Bears again.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Just a thought I had seeing as where the dodgers are.... if they lose this series to the cards they might be done. If they are done who actually scares you in a playoff match up among NL teams? I mean I guess I'd say Arizona given Corbin and Grienke could theoretically just shut you down but they aren't like the 2015 mets or the dodgers last year. If Peralta and Goldschmidt don't kill you they look fairly manageable.

Also interesting to think about... if LA misses the playoffs does Kershaw leave?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just a thought I had seeing as where the dodgers are.... if they lose this series to the cards they might be done. If they are done who actually scares you in a playoff match up among NL teams? I mean I guess I'd say Arizona given Corbin and Grienke could theoretically just shut you down but they aren't like the 2015 mets or the dodgers last year. If Peralta and Goldschmidt don't kill you they look fairly manageable.

Also interesting to think about... if LA misses the playoffs does Kershaw leave?

What makes you think the Cubs make the playoffs? Cubs have been mediocre for quite some time now and the Cardinals are arguably a better team for the last 2 months

chibears55

Liked Posts:

The way the Cubs been playing since the break, all the teams are scary if they make the playoffs...
But
Right now, cubs need to worry about the Cardinals and other potential playoff teams passing them up..

Division lead
Cardinals 2.5
Brewers 3

WC ... they have 5 non division leading teams within 5 games of them

They need to figure it out soon...

11 and 9 last 20 games playing against teams that are at .500 or well below now, outside the Brewers ...

After the Reds and Mets series, they got 1 against he Braves and then 6 of 9 series against teams above .500 and in playoffs contention now...

They need to win tonight and jump all over the Reds and Mets and get some positive momentum going

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wow...
Could they really go 5 straight games of scoring just 1 run via a solo shot?

Very lucky to have won 2 of them

yep, never happened before in the history of all the records that have been kept.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
What makes you think the Cubs make the playoffs? Cubs have been mediocre for quite some time now and the Cardinals are arguably a better team for the last 2 months

Maybe because they have the best team in the national league record wise? I know it's a hard concept to fathom but maybe that's good enough to make the playoffs.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The way the Cubs been playing since the break, all the teams are scary if they make the playoffs...
But
Right now, cubs need to worry about the Cardinals and other potential playoff teams passing them up..

I feel like people lack perspective here. The cubs really haven't been anywhere as bad as people want to believe. They are 16-15 since the break. And sure you can say oh they are playing basically .500 ball but it's a 30 game stretch. They have 4 one run losses in that stretch. If half of those flip the other way you're 18-13 which is a .581 win% which is basically the rate they've played at all year. Clearly the offense is struggling at the moment but what I don't get is why people always do this as though this isn't normal for a team. In any given 162 games teams are going to have months like this save for historic years. And I've said this a lot lately but they've done this all without bryant. You take an mvp caliber player off any contending team they are going to look fairly mediocre.

As for all teams looking scary, you apparently have a different definition of scary than I do. I don't think any team in the NL this year is as good as the 2016 cubs or 2017 dodgers. I mean case in point the cubs teams people want to trash is still the best record in the league.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
So, let's play a game. Who hits the solo shot in tonight's game?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Taking Baez. His bat might be getting going again.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Murphy if he plays

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not picking Baez. He goes he explodes. O’s lacking ties to his production.

I’m picking a blow out myself. 12-1 Cubs make them pay for their transgressions

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yeah, somehow I figure this will end up with the Cubs wining 1-0 or 2-1, losing while scoring one or two runs (i.e., each continuing the pattern), or the Cubs will have four or five crooked-number innings...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I feel like people lack perspective here. The cubs really haven't been anywhere as bad as people want to believe. They are 16-15 since the break. And sure you can say oh they are playing basically .500 ball but it's a 30 game stretch. They have 4 one run losses in that stretch. If half of those flip the other way you're 18-13 which is a .581 win% which is basically the rate they've played at all year. Clearly the offense is struggling at the moment but what I don't get is why people always do this as though this isn't normal for a team. In any given 162 games teams are going to have months like this save for historic years. And I've said this a lot lately but they've done this all without bryant. You take an mvp caliber player off any contending team they are going to look fairly mediocre.

As for all teams looking scary, you apparently have a different definition of scary than I do. I don't think any team in the NL this year is as good as the 2016 cubs or 2017 dodgers. I mean case in point the cubs teams people want to trash is still the best record in the league.

You can play the IF game all year long, cause just like IFs for a possible Win , they have IFs for a possible lost..
So, their record is what it is

Im not saying they can't beat those teams, cause they can.
Im just saying if they continue playing like they have, against those teams. they might not get away with winning those games like they can with the bad teams..

They and Bryant were up and down before he got DL..
Not saying he wont help though..

Plus, that another reason to be concerned when they play the better teams in September.. gonna be a little tougher without Bryant bat in the lineup, so they need him sooner rather then later...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Murphy will drive in the first 2 runs of the game, everyone relaxes after that and they go on to score 8 runs..

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’ll take the bad odds on a solo shot from Heyward. He’s due for a long one.