Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Maddon's Job Security

Quote Originally Posted by Omeletpants View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it happens with Madden you will deny I predicted it
    The question is....will you fess up to being dead wrong if he doesn't get launched? There are guys on here (two in particular)that say dumb shit constantly and never have the stones to admit they were wrong...always some lame ass excuse. But I don't think you're like that. You're a crazy old goat but I believe you're man enough to admit when you are wrong.

Hopefully the Cubs make the WS and this post becomes a moot point.

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by Omeletpants View Post
    When it happens with Madden you will deny I predicted it
    If, and it isnt really believable, you can make a #calledit post and I will admit you were on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Parade_Rain View Post
    If, and it isnt really believable, you can make a #calledit post and I will admit you were on to something.
    Good
    "America was founded on liberty and independence -- not government coercion, domination and control. We are born free, and we will stay free." President Trump 2-5-19

Veteran

Best record in NL, ranked 4th thru 6 th in baseball weekly and Maddon is done? Not always been a Joe fan with his crazy road theme parties and ego-still don't think Renteria should have been dumped for him-but the Cubs record the past few years speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by garapp View Post
    Best record in NL, ranked 4th thru 6 th in baseball weekly and Maddon is done? Not always been a Joe fan with his crazy road theme parties and ego-still don't think Renteria should have been dumped for him-but the Cubs record the past few years speaks for itself
    Renteria wouldnt have been able to handle all these guys. I like him, but Maddon was needed for what we were about to try. Its not normal for a team to be so versatile. You needed a coach who is just as wacky. Also, Maddon is probably the reason Baez is still on the team and we can all thank him for that.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

All-Star

Cubs only up 3 in the L column on Brewers now. Assuming the worst and Cubs lose the division and/or get bounced in the WC game, Maddon should be sweating. Especially for the amount of money he is rumored to be seeking.

CCS Donator

Maddon doesn't sign the pitching. That's on Theo. Considering how frail the pitching rotation and relief corps has been this season, it's a miracle they are on top of the division at this point in the season.

All-Star

Maddon doesn't sign the pitching. That's on Theo. Considering how frail the pitching rotation and relief corps has been this season, it's a miracle they are on top of the division at this point in the season.
    I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't sign the pitching. But bullpen seems to be falling apart and I will fault him for that. He is also rumored to be looking for $10 mil a season. Sorry but no way in hell should he get that if he doesn't produce in the playoffs this season. $10 million is for a magic man, not someone who can't win the division.

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't sign the pitching. But bullpen seems to be falling apart and I will fault him for that. He is also rumored to be looking for $10 mil a season. Sorry but no way in hell should he get that if he doesn't produce in the playoffs this season. $10 million is for a magic man, not someone who can't win the division.
    Rumors are just that. Stop believing them.

All-Star

The Cubs were "rumored" to be trading Russell and Montgomery to the Orioles for Machado, too.

Rumors are just that. Stop believing them.
    We win a ship for the first time in 108 years. The FO and manager hasnt done their job. 3 NLCS later
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    We win a ship for the first time in 108 years. The FO and manager hasnt done their job. 3 NLCS later
    Fire everyone!

All-Star

And Joe was paid for managing the team in 2016. You don't pay someone for past performance. You pay them for what they are going to do going forward. Joe Maddon is basically a stats guy but he's just using info that the FO gives him. It's not as if Maddon is in there with his spreadsheets "crunching" numbers.

If the team doesn't accomplish what is expected this season, you need to evaluate what went wrong and what to do going forward. You don't just shrug your shoulders and say "welp we won in 2016 so it's cool."

Quote Originally Posted by fatbeard View Post
    Fire everyone!
    kapooncha = Chibears55 alt?

Same dumb shit.....just saying.

And Joe was paid for managing the team in 2016. You don't pay someone for past performance. You pay them for what they are going to do going forward. Joe Maddon is basically a stats guy but he's just using info that the FO gives him. It's not as if Maddon is in there with his spreadsheets "crunching" numbers.

If the team doesn't accomplish what is expected this season, you need to evaluate what went wrong and what to do going forward. You don't just shrug your shoulders and say "welp we won in 2016 so it's cool."
    We have the best record in the NL currently. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

The plan!

Hidden Content

4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar

Maddon will probably end up taking over for Renteria again.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    Maddon will probably end up taking over for Renteria again.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

All-Star

We have the best record in the NL currently. Lol

Currently being the key word. This is obviously a "what if" situation.

Currently being the key word. This is obviously a "what if" situation.
    Yes, a terrible one at that

Hidden Content

The plan!

Hidden Content

I remember the '85 bears too, it wears off after while.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

CCS Staff

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    I remember the '85 bears too, it wears off after while.
    Let me ask you this, did the 90's Braves have a successful run despite winning just the one WS? I would argue that they were incredibly successful and keep in mind no one ever questioned Bobby Cox. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have another WS or two but this is the best era of Cubs baseball any of us have ever experienced. To just dimiss that is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by TC in Mississippi View Post
    Let me ask you this, did the 90's Braves have a successful run despite winning just the one WS? I would argue that they were incredibly successful and keep in mind no one ever questioned Bobby Cox. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have another WS or two but this is the best era of Cubs baseball any of us have ever experienced. To just dimiss that is asinine.
    You donít remember that 1908 run?

Hidden Content

The plan!

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast