Joe Maddon's Job Security

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest issue is managing your staff. Which is more off the field crap. Like Contreras not running out his hit. Joe shut it down fast

Outside of that it is making line ups based off of match ups and when to rest guys.

He also will do out of the box changes that some how work more than not.

But as manager he is a voice and a leader of the team. He is not above the talent or upper management but with out him this team crumbles under the injuries

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Cubs' crap manager has them playing better than .630 ball during this 30 games in 30 days stretch at the tail end of a long season with injuries aplenty.

Get out of here with that shit.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
If Cubs don't win the division, I don't see a huge reason to bring Maddon back.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Cubs don't win the division, I don't see a huge reason to bring Maddon back.
Lol. Give us some manager names. You want to fire the Yankees manager for not winning that division, too?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why wouldn't you love Girardi?
Because I know things that form my educated opinion and I'll leave it at that. On a side note, I noticed you didn't answer my question as to the Yankees and their manager this season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
All you ass hats that went thru the year with the hippie montra of "Its just one game, let Joe sit the starters and call no joy in a 6-1 game", guess what. one or two of those would have made a difference now.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All you ass hats that went thru the year with the hippie montra of "Its just one game, let Joe sit the starters and call no joy in a 6-1 game", guess what. one or two of those would have made a difference now.

A highly typical moronic statement...so fitting for that screen name. Might be a good idea when trying to make yourself look cool with a line is to actually spell it right. LOL, Montra? WTF is a montra? It's mantra, you idiot.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because I know things that form my educated opinion and I'll leave it at that. On a side note, I noticed you didn't answer my question as to the Yankees and their manager this season.

He had to confer with his alt before responding.....

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

LMAO, because Milwaukee, or any other team in the majors, didn't let any games slip away or lose to inferior teams, or rest players.

:gtfo:

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

Yankees weren't considered the favorite to win the AL East. It was always Boston.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yankees weren't considered the favorite to win the AL East. It was always Boston.
Ah. So if the Cubs weren't considered the favorite, it makes all the difference in the world if Maddon sucks or not. LOL.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
LMAO, because Milwaukee, or any other team in the majors, didn't let any games slip away or lose to inferior teams, or rest players.

:gtfo:

we will see what happens today. He already said if the game gets away from him he will throw a pitcher to the sharks and not waste his bullpen since tomorrow is an elimination game.

How do you feel with the cubs giving up the division, the best record in the NL, home field throughout the NL playoffs because they are down 6-1?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If anyone said before the season started, the Cubs were going to lose Yu Darvish for most of the year, Morrow, the closer, for most of the year, Chatwood would be so bad, he’d be removed from the roster, Russell not only injured, but removed from roster in the middle of the stretch by the League, the MVP Bryant would miss significant time on the DL, and the closer who took over in September would pull up lame with a hamstring and miss the last 2 weeks of the season, would most people think the Cubs should have won 2 more games than expected (Pythagorean was 93-69) or would most have thought at the beginning of the season out-performing last year’s regular season record wasn’t likely? It’s foolish for anyone to post that the manager should be fired after a season like that. This is the 4th year in a row the Cubs are in the post-season. I have watched them suck for 50 years with barely a chance to make a wildcard, let alone win the division as the favorite. Since going to the World Series in 1945, the Cubs over the next 60 years won 90+ games only 4 times. This ownership, FO and management team (managed by Maddon) have won 90 or more games 4 times straight. That has not happened since the 9 year run of 1904-1912. That is more of an Atlanta Braves type run in the 90’s. Can the Cubs do that? Did the Braves win the WS every year? Was Bobby Cox a bad manager? BTW, Pythagorean for Milwaukee was 91-71. What injuries and bad FA signings did they suffer through and overcome? It’s easy to see who the spoiled brats and mental boobs are here.

The only way Maddon gets replaced is if there is a tiff between him and the FO somehow that people don’t know about. They don’t bring in his pitching coach from Tampa Bay and replace the hitting instructor, because the manager is on some fantasy hot seat a few “fans” have created.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
we will see what happens today. He already said if the game gets away from him he will throw a pitcher to the sharks and not waste his bullpen since tomorrow is an elimination game.

How do you feel with the cubs giving up the division, the best record in the NL, home field throughout the NL playoffs because they are down 6-1?

You're a moron.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If anyone said before the season started, the Cubs were going to lose Yu Darvish for most of the year, Morrow, the closer, for most of the year, Chatwood would be so bad, he’d be removed from the roster, Russell not only injured, but removed from roster in the middle of the stretch by the League, the MVP Bryant would miss significant time on the DL, and the closer who took over in September would pull up lame with a hamstring and miss the last 2 weeks of the season, would most people think the Cubs should have won 2 more games than expected (Pythagorean was 93-69) or would most have thought at the beginning of the season out-performing last year’s regular season record wasn’t likely? It’s foolish for anyone to post that the manager should be fired after a season like that. This is the 4th year in a row the Cubs are in the post-season. I have watched them suck for 50 years with barely a chance to make a wildcard, let alone win the division as the favorite. Since going to the World Series in 1945, the Cubs over the next 60 years won 90+ games only 4 times. This ownership, FO and management team (managed by Maddon) have won 90 or more games 4 times straight. That has not happened since the 9 year run of 1904-1912. That is more of an Atlanta Braves type run in the 90’s. Can the Cubs do that? Did the Braves win the WS every year? Was Bobby Cox a bad manager? BTW, Pythagorean for Milwaukee was 91-71. What injuries and bad FA signings did they suffer through and overcome? It’s easy to see who the spoiled brats and mental boobs are here.

The only way Maddon gets replaced is if there is a tiff between him and the FO somehow that people don’t know about. They don’t bring in his pitching coach from Tampa Bay and replace the hitting instructor, because the manager is on some fantasy hot seat a few “fans” have created.

Give it up, PR. Trying to speak logically with the Idiots, Alts and other assorted dildos on this forum is waste of time and energy. Apparently, they believe that the Cubs are so, SO good that they can overcome anything thrown their way and when they don't it's got to be the manager's fault. I swear these clowns have to be related to Mike Murphy...I mean it's really, really hard to be that stupid.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Ah. So if the Cubs weren't considered the favorite, it makes all the difference in the world if Maddon sucks or not. LOL.

Cubs underachieved this season. Not sure why you're struggling to understand that.