My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All the horror.

All the angst.

All the worrying.

And two more games drop off the magic number, and the season is 3 days farther gone.

Anything but a sweep is ok, and we are A-OK.
Yep. Save a garbage plate umpire in game 1, they could have taken 2 of 3. Quintana looked decent. This is a good sign down the stretch.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question gents....I was bowling tonight and while the game is on monitors all over the place, you can't hear what's being said. What was the Rizzo play at home being reviewed for? Guys were saying safe/out, I thought they were looking for the catcher illegally blocking home plate....which never gets fucking called.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Question gents....I was bowling tonight and while the game is on monitors all over the place, you can't hear what's being said. What was the Rizzo play at home being reviewed for? Guys were saying safe/out, I thought they were looking for the catcher illegally blocking home plate....which never gets fucking called.
If the catcher has the ball then he can block the plate. If he doesnt then he needs to give the runner a path to the plate

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Magic number is down to 20 with 23 to play for the cubs, 21 for MIL and 22 for STL

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If the catcher has the ball then he can block the plate. If he doesnt then he needs to give the runner a path to the plate

It still looked like their stiff catcher had the ball in his glove at his waist and tagged higher on the leg when rizzos foot was on the plate.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
were there any injury reports on Schwarber? Looked like he threw out his back on that home run swing, took a real long time getting around the bases and did not look very comfortable?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
were there any injury reports on Schwarber? Looked like he threw out his back on that home run swing, took a real long time getting around the bases and did not look very comfortable?

Day to day. Not expected to be in the lineup tonight.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Magic number is down to 20 with 23 to play for the cubs, 21 for MIL and 22 for STL

Thanks for that, beck. I could always derive it myself, I know... but I'm still on seriously strong painkillers, and I make it a point never to take painkillers, or drink, and derive... :D

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Well it must be that part of the game where Quintana melts down.

Yep -- second and third, one out in the fourth, and Q just melted down like crazy. Loaded the bases in the process. No way he's gonna get past the fourth, the way this is going...

Oh, yeah. He only allowed one run out of that jam, and pitched into the seventh, IIRC. Quality start out of that "inevitable" Quintana meltdown.

Just goes to show you, it makes no sense to immediately assume you're going to end up in a butt-pounding federal penitentiary the moment you see a cop car with its lights a-going in your rear view mirror. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, he's not after you; you're just in his way. Same thing with baseball -- just because your pitcher gets in a jam doesn't mean you're immediately doomed to endure the worst possible outcome, people.

I'd agree with y'all that the games are played on the field and not on paper, if y'all would just stop assuming that the numbers are only wrong when they indicate that the play on the field will average around a certain point. Why rail against a scientific method that says our players will have good days and bad days, unless you're trying to support your phobic insistence that, the moment one thing goes against us, we can just assume the worst? You're really making a different case not to play out the game -- in that argument, you just want to assume the worst outcome and declare the Cubs as having failed, big-time.

So, next time, when one of our pitchers gets into a jam, or one of our hitters gets to an 0-2 count, maybe let the inning, or at least the at-bat, play out before declaring that we're doomed, we're doomed, oh, the pain... ;)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep -- second and third, one out in the fourth, and Q just melted down like crazy. Loaded the bases in the process. No way he's gonna get past the fourth, the way this is going...

Oh, yeah. He only allowed one run out of that jam, and pitched into the seventh, IIRC. Quality start out of that "inevitable" Quintana meltdown.

Just goes to show you, it makes no sense to immediately assume you're going to end up in a butt-pounding federal penitentiary the moment you see a cop car with its lights a-going in your rear view mirror. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, he's not after you; you're just in his way. Same thing with baseball -- just because your pitcher gets in a jam doesn't mean you're immediately doomed to endure the worst possible outcome, people.

I'd agree with y'all that the games are played on the field and not on paper, if y'all would just stop assuming that the numbers are only wrong when they indicate that the play on the field will average around a certain point. Why rail against a scientific method that says our players will have good days and bad days, unless you're trying to support your phobic insistence that, the moment one thing goes against us, we can just assume the worst? You're really making a different case not to play out the game -- in that argument, you just want to assume the worst outcome and declare the Cubs as having failed, big-time.

So, next time, when one of our pitchers gets into a jam, or one of our hitters gets to an 0-2 count, maybe let the inning, or at least the at-bat, play out before declaring that we're doomed, we're doomed, oh, the pain... ;)

LOL....what in the world is that analogy? So, I'm speeding and getting pulled over and thinking that I might be going to prison to get butt fucked? Can't say that's ever happened to me but who knows, maybe I'm in the minority on this one.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
LOL....what in the world is that analogy? So, I'm speeding and getting pulled over and thinking that I might be going to prison to get butt fucked? Can't say that's ever happened to me but who knows, maybe I'm in the minority on this one.

The concept is quoted from the movie "Office Space", in which the main characters were hyper-paranoid that this fate awaited them.

Now, if I could just find my stapler...

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Think it takes more than speeding. Popping norco and polishing a 5th then running over grandma. Well if you live rape is not your fear. Shanking is.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The concept is quoted from the movie "Office Space", in which the main characters were hyper-paranoid that this fate awaited them.

wheres-my-stapler-6pq5vl.jpg

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Have heard of it but never saw it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I knew Taylor Davis was going to drive in a run tonight.

Called it!

Who is Taylor Davis??