IST: Cubs @ Nationals

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Who is the genius that bullied 55 off the board? Say you are sorry damn it.
He’d have told CEJ to go change his diaper and s big hell yeah from CJW.
Now. Nada. This place is like going to a bachelor party at a retirement home.
Let’s talk some stats only after the game. Yay.

Naw, look at the timing. 55 had to go back to school, his remedial third grade class started right after Labor Day, his summer break is over... ;)

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Bleacher Nation

@BleacherNation
Follow Follow @BleacherNation
More
My good gravy. Have you really looked at how hot Anthony Rizzo has been since ALL the way back to the All-Star break?

.360/.456/.640, 189 wRC+, 12.3% BB rate, 10.8% K rate, .279 ISO, 2 SB

CSF77

Liked Posts:
ABSOLUTELY. He will take a pitchers spot, this rate it might be Edwards.

No. Team most likely will miss Morrow. Pen holds more value than legs. Joe will most likely play 1 out situations vs 3 and that takes depth

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bleacher Nation

@BleacherNation
Follow Follow @BleacherNation
More
My good gravy. Have you really looked at how hot Anthony Rizzo has been since ALL the way back to the All-Star break?

.360/.456/.640, 189 wRC+, 12.3% BB rate, 10.8% K rate, .279 ISO, 2 SB

Crazy bit is he is almost 80% contact. Considering Javy is around 70% and hates walks

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Crazy bit is he is almost 80% contact. Considering Javy is around 70% and hates walks

Javy does not hate walks. He is just in love with swinging at every pitch. There is a subtle difference. ;)

And, at that, y'all should notice that Javy has been taking more natural walks in the past six weeks or so than in the prior portion of the season. To the point that the broadcasters, and even our pundits here on these message boards, have stopped making note of it. In other words, it's not so rare anymore that it's worth going "Oh, hey, look, Javy took a walk!"

I know his chase rate is still high... but, damn, if you look at his at-bats lately, he is not swinging at the high fastball, or the low fastball out and away, with a 2-strike count, much these days. That was his next step, seeing as he's holding back just enough to force the other team to throw him more strikes. The "book" on how to get him out from early in the season is no longer as effective.

Showing that growth in his plate discipline, even if it's not where we'd like to see it yet, ought to be taken into account, I think, when rating his performance. He's never going to walk a ton, but the impact of holding out for better pitches on two-strike counts goes far beyond OBP... :)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Javy does not hate walks. He is just in love with swinging at every pitch. There is a subtle difference. ;)

And, at that, y'all should notice that Javy has been taking more natural walks in the past six weeks or so than in the prior portion of the season. To the point that the broadcasters, and even our pundits here on these message boards, have stopped making note of it. In other words, it's not so rare anymore that it's worth going "Oh, hey, look, Javy took a walk!"

I know his chase rate is still high... but, damn, if you look at his at-bats lately, he is not swinging at the high fastball, or the low fastball out and away, with a 2-strike count, much these days. That was his next step, seeing as he's holding back just enough to force the other team to throw him more strikes. The "book" on how to get him out from early in the season is no longer as effective.

Showing that growth in his plate discipline, even if it's not where we'd like to see it yet, ought to be taken into account, I think, when rating his performance. He's never going to walk a ton, but the impact of holding out for better pitches on two-strike counts goes far beyond OBP... :)

3.8% is close to a phobia

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
From what I've been seeing on weather radar, it looks like severe thunderstorms are going to persist until about 9 pm CDT tonight. So, as a player and as a fan, which would you rather do -- have first pitch three to four hours late on a Friday night, or play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow? I don't think the latter option is available on Sunday, since ESPN won't allow any games except their one featured game to be played on a Sunday night.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Well... the official Cubs website changed the status of the game from Delayed - Rain to Warmup. I just don't do Twitter or Facebook, and no other sources that pull up online give an estimated start time.

Anybody have a start time pop up and smash itself on your windshields? :D

Never mind, the Extra Innings broadcast just started... :)

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cards dropped a game. Magic number vs them is 17. MIL is tied 2-2 in the 7th.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Milwaukee just had another game handed to them. 4 runs on 3 hits with 8 walks gifted to them.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs can go 11-11 and end up with 94 wins. Mil needs to go 14-7 to match.

Odds are pretty bad for Mil to take it from the Cubs.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any info at ALL if and when we'll resume? It's like everyone ran away while we're IT in a hide and seek game. Nobody done sayin' nuthin'...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The site said it was postponed to tomorrow.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No way they get Lester to continue. But with the rosters at 40 I would promote a AAA starter vs plug in Chatwood

Mills or Underwood would make the most sense.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wow tabbed Garcia. Interesting.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So seems like they are playing the split. Scherzer vs Hamels avoided. Looks like they will plug scrubs in vs the aces.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No. Team most likely will miss Morrow. Pen holds more value than legs. Joe will most likely play 1 out situations vs 3 and that takes depth

in 2016 they kept Coghlin on the roster, in 2017 they put Leonys Martin on the roster, this year Gore will be on the roster. There only might be slightly better odds for a pitcher to stay on since we wont be carrying 3 catchers.