IST: Cubs @ Nationals

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
That was disgraceful shit last night. The game never should have been started. Burned Lester and robbed baseball of a Hamel/Scherzer game. Fuck MLB.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
That was disgraceful shit last night. The game never should have been started. Burned Lester and robbed baseball of a Hamel/Scherzer game. Fuck MLB.
Yeah, I'm sure MLB was considering those things

CSF77

Liked Posts:
in 2016 they kept Coghlin on the roster, in 2017 they put Leonys Martin on the roster, this year Gore will be on the roster. There only might be slightly better odds for a pitcher to stay on since we wont be carrying 3 catchers.

16-17 they had a closer

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Delayed the fuck by rain AGAIN.

The forecast was clear last night -- they had a much better chance of getting the games played had they continued last night at about 10pm CDT. From the looks of the forecast today, they'll be lucky to get one game in today.

And no double headers tomorrow, ESPN's exclusive contract forbids *ANY* other game being played while their featured Sunday night game is on... grumble grumble...

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
BTW, the MLB Network is gonna be pissed as hell. They've been advertising the Hamels-Scherzer match-up for three or four days. Now, I wonder if they might not decide to tell the Nats, the Cubs and the league to all go fuck themselves and carry a game that features one of their darling teams -- i.e., either the Red Sox or the Yankees.

I swear to fucking God, you could expect MLB to run news in the following order: "First and FAR most important, Stanton has a hangnail and may not be able to play for one or two games. WILL THE GAME SURVIVE??!!! In other news, a plane crash has taken the lives of the entire Chicago White Sox team and coaching staff. Ah, who cares? They were from Flyover Country, fuck 'em."

Sigh.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The forecast was clear last night -- they had a much better chance of getting the games played had they continued last night at about 10pm CDT. From the looks of the forecast today, they'll be lucky to get one game in today.

And no double headers tomorrow, ESPN's exclusive contract forbids *ANY* other game being played while their featured Sunday night game is on... grumble grumble...

I'm no weatherman but I can tell time....if they waited last night till it cleared around 10 so, then half an hour to get the field ready...they re-start at 10:30. Trouble is that it's 11:30 out east and they don't finish till 2 or 2:30 in the morning. That's why they rolled the dice on the DH today.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Hey Hey let’s play 3

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm no weatherman but I can tell time....if they waited last night till it cleared around 10 so, then half an hour to get the field ready...they re-start at 10:30. Trouble is that it's 11:30 out east and they don't finish till 2 or 2:30 in the morning. That's why they rolled the dice on the DH today.

Wasn't it past 10:30 when they decided last night they could NOT resume?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What surprised me was to see that today's game is delayed, and it says Top 1st.

Did they start play?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
What surprised me was to see that today's game is delayed, and it says Top 1st.

Did they start play?

Search me. The sources of information available to anyone who is not directly watching one of the channels who carry the games (which I can't because I'm in Minneapolis) are limited to whatever the fuck they feel like saying on MLB Network, and whatever shows up on the official website.

I would really REALLY appreciate it if someone would post on this forum if they hear a new anticipated start time. I mean, I get a fuckton more info about SpaceX's intentions on launching their rockets, and in reality about a hundredth the number of people give a flying fuck about that vs. those who want to watch their Cubs baseball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It does not appear from MLB.com that the game started. I peaked at the weather and it looks like it may be close to passing (no idea what is still coming later). Who knows?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yep. What pisses me off is that, if I want to see the game status, I have to sit here and just keep flipping over to the "Delayed" slide on the Extra Innings channel for this game, or keep pressing F5 over and over on the website. Every single mother fucker in Chicago and Washington may know exactly when the game is likely to start, but if I go take a shit, or go to the convenience store for something, I might miss some of it.

If I want to watch the game, I want to watch it from beginning to end. I'm not a casual "Oh, I'll keep it on in the background and look up if the crowd roar gets loud" kind of fan. But the *only* means I have to get information are those which won't indicate any pending change to the rain delay status until the home team is about to take the fucking field.

I want to be able to plan the rest of my Saturday afternoon, even though I am in great pain and cannot do much (one week post-op and the incisions and such still hurt like hell). Fuck it, if it's going to be another two hours, I want to know if it's cool to go lie down for a nap? Or will I miss most of the first game if I do so because they're about to start?

This is just frustration from being kept in the dark over skinny that shouldn't be all that hard to share with the Xebble-plux on Altair 17, let alone people on the same fucking contintent. But, by all the gods, they can't figure out how to share it effectively with some poor piece of shit like me, sitting in Minneapolis... *loud grumble*...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
And here I was looking forward to baseball with breakfast. Are they going to play this thing or what?

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it scheduled a new start yet?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
THIS is why yes, it would have made sense to start up again last night at midnight local time. At this rate, they'll maybe get one game in, schedule a double header for tomorrow with the first game starting at 9am (can't overlap ESPN's holy exclusivity), and end up getting maybe one game played tomorrow.

Or, fuck it -- just cancel the entire series and only make it up it if it has an impact on the races. Who the fuck cares if the weather becomes perfect? Even better idea, only play the remaining games across the MLB schedule that impact the races, cancel the rest to avoid embarrassing the fucking owners who are playing out their string at 40 games under .500. And hey, in that case, you can force the Cubs to play a bunch of extra games in early October, tiring them out and giving their eventual playoff opponents a definite edge. After all, the league office doesn't give a flying fuck whether or not the Cubs do well, they are pushing as hard as they can to make certain either the Yankees or the Red Sox win the series this year. It's pretty much fixed -- you have to overcome a lot of fixing pressure to overcome via play on the field what the league office (along with the networks) has decided the outcome will be.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
May I suggest, perhaps, a nap?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
May I suggest, perhaps, a nap?

At this point, that would almost definitely result in my missing a large percentage of whatever baseball ends up getting played this weekend.

Might not be too long, the official website has changed its status from "Delayed" to "Warmup". But, man, you should not have to be sitting here, wondering just how long after such a change in status we might see first pitch...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
THIS is why yes, it would have made sense to start up again last night at midnight local time. At this rate, they'll maybe get one game in, schedule a double header for tomorrow with the first game starting at 9am (can't overlap ESPN's holy exclusivity), and end up getting maybe one game played tomorrow.

Or, fuck it -- just cancel the entire series and only make it up it if it has an impact on the races. Who the fuck cares if the weather becomes perfect? Even better idea, only play the remaining games across the MLB schedule that impact the races, cancel the rest to avoid embarrassing the fucking owners who are playing out their string at 40 games under .500. And hey, in that case, you can force the Cubs to play a bunch of extra games in early October, tiring them out and giving their eventual playoff opponents a definite edge. After all, the league office doesn't give a flying fuck whether or not the Cubs do well, they are pushing as hard as they can to make certain either the Yankees or the Red Sox win the series this year. It's pretty much fixed -- you have to overcome a lot of fixing pressure to overcome via play on the field what the league office (along with the networks) has decided the outcome will be.

They are starting in 4 minutes