Brewers at Cubs IST

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Even if we do win the division (or a WC), how confident are you we can make a deep run in the playoffs?

I mean, no NL team is super scary, but I dont have a ton of confidence we can even get to the Classic, let alone win it all.

The offense is still way inconsistent and our pitching is feast or famine. But I do hope they can get something rolling and head into the playoffs red hot.

We'll see...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs obviously. Do you actually believe they will hold off the Brewers? Yes or No?

I’m still trying to figure out why you insinuated you are a cubs fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Even if we do win the division (or a WC), how confident are you we can make a deep run in the playoffs?

I mean, no NL team is super scary, but I dont have a ton of confidence we can even get to the Classic, let alone win it all.

The offense is still way inconsistent and our pitching is feast or famine. But I do hope they can get something rolling and head into the playoffs red hot.

We'll see...

I think if the Cubs are the #1 seed going in they will play in the WS. They have the best rotation by far and for the last 30 days have played like it. We also know that when everyone is healthy that the offense is potent and the defense is pretty much beyond reproach. The bullpen is an issue and could cost us but it could also turn around just as easily.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

This IMO is the far more worth while point to make. I mean I suppose there's cases to be made that if the cubs only get the WC that they could lose one game and get bounced but as of today they are still odds on favorites to win the division and even if that doesn't happen they would be odds on favorites to win the WC game. I'd much rather have this conversation than the one people keep trying to have...

As for this conversation, i think it sort of depends. Playoffs are all about pitching. If Q is the guy he's been lately that's a big deal. If Morrow returns this weekend and is the guy he was before the DL that's a big deal. They have enough pitching to win a lot of close games in the playoffs even if they aren't hitting well. So, I have a bit of faith in them making a decent run in the playoffs. Plus, I honestly can't buy them hitting this poorly for that long. There's too much talent there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

We'll see...

If you're worried about the Cubs, look around the NL and realize how shitty it is this year, and that the Cubs-for as uninspiring as they've been-are still the best team in the league. And then remember that the baseball playoffs are pretty much a total crapshoot.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

We'll see...

The offense is #1 in the NL.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The Cubs obviously. Do you actually believe they will hold off the Brewers? Yes or No?
Now with an even more depleted bullpen, it going to be really tough

Cubs are going to be more dependent on the SP to go deeper in games and an offense that has been inconsistent because most everyone struggling now, to start scoring more runs

Lately it been mostly Baez and Rizzo generating the runs, they need others to step up these last 2 weeks

Come playoff, anything can happen as far as guys getting hot or not, and i like their SP.
But
If it come down to the bullpen , their going to need a healthy Morrow and Strop to survive in a series