IST: Reds vs Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Garcia??? Against the heart of Reds order

Should be interesting

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
How the fuck is scooter gennett hitting .321? What a time to be alive.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Game was a bit more nerve racking than I'd like but a win is a win. Magic number down to 14 and 11 vs MIL/STL and about to be 10 vs STL

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What a crazy W

Happ with a 3 run bomb

Maples (win) Jaime Garcia and DeLaRosa(save) to shut them down over the final 3 innings

Who would of thunk that trio in a 1 run game late in a division race

greg23

Liked Posts:
With Mil end of season schedule we dont have much room for error......and we're runnning on fumes esp in the pen where there isnt much left.

Would be nice if the offense could get on a nice 10 day explosion vs cin/az/cws.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Of note for the upcoming ARI series.... Clay Buchholz is out the rest of the year. He had a 2.01 ERA for them so it's a pretty big loss. Looking like they will end up slotting Corbin, Ray and Koch vs Hendricks Monty and Hamels. Ray has a 4.18 ERA. Koch has a 4.83 ERA. Corbin has been fantastic this year with a 3.05 ERA. Other than facing Ray, Koch and Godley this is about the best you can hope for since they are likely missing Greinke.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Guess everyone waiting til after the game to chat about it..lol

Should change the title to After Game Thread
It could be that some of us were on the road and couldn't post about every ball and strike call while driving. It could be that some people have a wife and kids to take to dinner on a weekend night. Perhaps it could be something as simple as some of us being part of a private facebook group called Joe's Nuthuggers and we post there during games instead.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
It could be that some of us were on the road and couldn't post about every ball and strike call while driving. It could be that some people have a wife and kids to take to dinner on a weekend night. Perhaps it could be something as simple as some of us being part of a private facebook group called Joe's Nuthuggers and we post there during games instead.

If you're prioritizing your wife over the Cubs, you're doing something wrong.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess I am still looking for that starter turned closer to emerge, thinking maybe its Mills if he gets a shot. Remember how Carpenter took that role after a year of injury? Was really surprised Joe did not just slot Cishek as the closer now but thats Joe.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I gather he was bitching about something again. Your post instantly made me think about something you said about "fans" and "fanatics". I would guess the majority of us have a wife or girlfriend....personally...a wife, family and a home. All three come before a friggin baseball game or anything on this forum. A Cub "fan" follows the team when time permits...a "fanatic" puts the team ahead of everything....which to me is hilarious. Between two bowling leagues, upkeep on my home and spending time with my wife and family....I'd guess I see from beginning to end less than 10 games a year. I see bits and pieces via replays on most games but complete games...very rarely. Now the "fanatics", which we can all easily ID on this forum....watches every single fucking Cub game and only has responsibilities to himself...well, maybe also to the inflatable doll in the closet wearing that Cub hat. But hey, a 40ish guy still living at home with Mom and Dad can get away with that.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you're prioritizing your wife over the Cubs, you're doing something wrong.
The scenario prioritizes the wife and kids over posting on the internet. The entire family could have been watching the Cubs game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The scenario prioritizes the wife and kids over posting on the internet. The entire family could have been watching the Cubs game.

I’ll keep the web browser going in and the back. Check the score when I think of it. On nights the wife works for the most part. We get a night together rather get out and do something.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Then i guess it means either everyone married with kids or life happening at the same time almost every game or that there aren't many members on this forum if everyone but what 2 or 3 can try to keep a Game Thread alive and flowing in here..

Interesting little tirade though between you and the other knucklehead...
Guess on your busy night you preferred to respond to my
(hey where is everyone post)
with a tirade over actually saying something about the game..

Good stuff
Go Cubs