CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Then i guess it means either everyone married with kids or life happening at the same time almost every game or that there aren't many members on this forum if everyone but what 2 or 3 can try to keep a Game Thread alive and flowing in here..

Interesting little tirade though between you and the other knucklehead...
Guess on your busy night you preferred to respond to my
(hey where is everyone post)
with a tirade over actually saying something about the game..

Good stuff
Go Cubs
This isn't a bears game that happens once a week for 16 weeks, which is how you watch and comment on the Cubs. It's 162 game season.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This isn't a bears game that happens once a week for 16 weeks, which is how you watch and comment on the Cubs. It's 162 game season.
Ok...
So then i guess that means this Forum dont have that many members to keep IGT alive enough to have game day discussions..

You can look on other message boards and there at least a handful of posters having discussions, along with a few that chime in and out throughout the game..

Lately that hasn't been happening much here, youd think it would be a little more active now that were in September and their battling for the division..

Anyways have fun with the Family today, looks to be a nice day out..

Go Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nah. Having the ride of a lifetime on the roller coaster with my best friend. Got two athletes for kids, one of whom might get drafted in the next few years.
I respect that..
God bless

That dont happen in today world
27 years and going strong
[emoji106]

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok...
So then i guess that means this Forum dont have that many members to keep IGT alive enough to have game day discussions..

You can look on other message boards and there at least a handful of posters having discussions, along with a few that chime in and out throughout the game..

Lately that hasn't been happening much here, youd think it would be a little more active now that were in September and their battling for the division..

Anyways have fun with the Family today, looks to be a nice day out..

Go Cubs
There are people who chime in and out, but again, addressing your original comment, life happens, so many aren't available. I made several comments a few days ago about infield playing in too early in the game and crickets churped. So what I do when I want to have an in depth baseball conversation is pick up the phone the next day and call any number of people I know, who like to discuss these things, from a pro scout to a fellow instructor who works with higher level players as I do. This forum has some great posters, who bring great knowledge to discuss. It just doesnt necessarily happen during the games.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Unfortunately, not young enough to avoid the poking and prodding by the medical community that comes with age, as you know. :D

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
There are people who chime in and out, but again, addressing your original comment, life happens, so many aren't available. I made several comments a few days ago about infield playing in too early in the game and crickets churped. So what I do when I want to have an in depth baseball conversation is pick up the phone the next day and call any number of people I know, who like to discuss these things, from a pro scout to a fellow instructor who works with higher level players as I do. This forum has some great posters, who bring great knowledge to discuss. It just doesnt necessarily happen during the games.

I missed that post. Part of it is that I don't come here as much as I used to because sometimes reasonable discussions are overwhelmed by nonsense and ain't nobody got time for that. Of course there are also some really smart baseball folks here so I try to keep a balance.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, not young enough to avoid the poking and prodding by the medical community that comes with age, as you know. :D

So, so true. Even if you are lucky enough to be reasonably healthy....the older you get, the more crap goes wrong. Visiting doctors becomes a part of your life.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nah. Having the ride of a lifetime on the roller coaster with my best friend. Got two athletes for kids, one of whom might get drafted in the next few years.

Nice. On my 2nd. Married my best friend also. Going 5 years strong. First one was a train wreck but my son from that one just started graduate school for opitical physics at ASU. Dean’s list the whole way at SDSU.

No regrets at all

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Ahhh, a young pup...of course, I can say that to just about anyone but Ommy.

Or me. I turn 63 in about one month, here. My first visit to Wrigley Field was in 1964, IIRC. Back then, the field box seats actually had yellow-painted rails that separated sets of seats into identified seating boxes; you had to have an usher grant you access into your box.

The first Cubs teams I saw in person featured players like Billy Williams, Ron Santo, Don Kessinger, Glenn Beckert, Randy Hundley and Ernie Banks. I recall seeing, in person, pitching duels between Bob Gibson and Ferguson Jenkins. And listening to the games being called on the radio by Vince Lloyd and the Good Kid, Lou Boudreau. With Jack Brickhouse handling the TV play-by-play. HEY HEY!

Some part of my brain still expects the pre-game show to be titled "Durocher In The Dugout", as it was in the late '60s through the early '70s. No matter that Leo the Lip has been gone and buried for decades.

I've followed the team ever since, and can remember most of the various Cubs teams pretty well. I got out of touch for about 15 years after moving to Minneapolis in the mid-'90s, but I've still been able to follow how a team morphs and changes over time. So, nope, don't recall Tinker, Evers or Chance, or even Andy Pafko or Hack Wilson. But I go back a hell of a lot farther than Carlos Zambrano and Alfonso Soriano.

Some of us do have more context in which to judge the ephemeral "right now" team than others, is I guess the point I want to make... ;)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Indians have 13 runs in 3 innings.....the Dodgers pounding the crap out of the Cards with a football like 17. (should be a rather large smile on TL1961's face) Didn't the Cubs used to be able to that stuff? Man, it's been a draught.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The Indians have 13 runs in 3 innings.....the Dodgers pounding the crap out of the Cards with a football like 17. (should be a rather large smile on TL1961's face) Didn't the Cubs used to be able to that stuff? Man, it's been a draught.

Yeah. We certainly have the talent to bust out big innings, and have done so for most of the season. But you're right, it seems like it's been since August that we've had a good 4- to 6-run crooked number inning.

Like beckdawg has mentioned, I just can't see this team, with its talent, struggling offensively for much longer. We're getting healthier, important people like Bryant and Russell are back off the DL, Heyward is about to return, and they will get to contributing soon -- Bryant is already adding value, even if he hasn't gone deep for a while. Even starting in the outfield.

It doesn't feel like they're pressing too hard, I'm not seeing bunch of people expanding their strike zones, trying to score 12 runs with one swing, or things like that. We're getting more people on base than just about any other team in the NL, we're just hitting into awful luck when those guys are on base and in scoring position. Statistically, with our team OBP, our average with RISP ought to even out, as it is a statistical anomaly.

Try as I might, I can't see anything about the calls Joe and his staff are making that is causing our low RISP average. Or anything that the players are doing. I truly think we're just hitting into bad luck, and as much as it is hard to accept, these luck things tend to average out over larger sample sizes. That's what makes me think that the big crooked number innings are just waiting in the wings. And to be honest, I'd rather have the offense get hot starting a couple of weeks from now than have it be really hot through September and then cool off in October, like it did last year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im sure having Heyward and Schwarber out of the lineup has some affect on the runs
But
Outside of Baez and Rizzo, the rest of the core guys have done pretty much nothing to help for the most part

Im obviously not surprised, because as most of you know, ive been saying this about this offense most of the year..
There too many guys having down years or an inconsistent year with the bat

That said, there are 15 games left and Heyward and Schwarber are due back
So
Hopefully that provides a spark and they can get those guys going these last 2 weeks in time for the playoffs

Can only hope now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Im sure having Heyward and Schwarber out of the lineup has some affect on the runs
But
Outside of Baez and Rizzo, the rest of the core guys have done pretty much nothing to help for the most part

Im obviously not surprised, because as most of you know, ive been saying this about this offense most of the year..
There too many guys having down years or an inconsistent year with the bat

That said, there are 15 games left and Heyward and Schwarber are due back
So
Hopefully that provides a spark and they can get those guys going these last 2 weeks in time for the playoffs

Can only hope now

Bryant injured is the biggest factor.

Schwarber and Heyward are lesser factors due to Bryant in LF and Zo in RF

I see a few factors as Almora’s slump. He was clipping .326 early season and dusting Happ to the bench.

Russell is soaking AB vs Baez at SS which is a loss of production.

Murphy cooling off. He is the current big factor. He gets going the O gets going in general.

Getting Heyward back improves the D but Zo is a better AB in RF. Just like Russell is better D at SS but Baez is a far better AB.

If anything adding them let’s you rest Bryant and Zo more for the play offs. Really is not game changing in run production.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bryant injured is the biggest factor.

Schwarber and Heyward are lesser factors due to Bryant in LF and Zo in RF

I see a few factors as Almora’s slump. He was clipping .326 early season and dusting Happ to the bench.

Russell is soaking AB vs Baez at SS which is a loss of production.

Murphy cooling off. He is the current big factor. He gets going the O gets going in general.

Getting Heyward back improves the D but Zo is a better AB in RF. Just like Russell is better D at SS but Baez is a far better AB.

If anything adding them let’s you rest Bryant and Zo more for the play offs. Really is not game changing in run production.
Huh..

Well at least i was hopeful

LMAO

TL1961

Liked Posts:

TL told his son today (at least twice) that I want the Cards OUT, but I am afraid we will regret seeing the Dodgers IN.