Illinois Football Thread

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What a shit show that kid must be.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I never did that. What the fuck are you talking about?

You posted a lot of nothing.

"I think it's hilarious now Illinois fans turning on him and saying good riddance when a week ago and two days ago they were all about him."

Additionally, I was referring to the posts by others of "This is so Illinois", and shit like that.

Miami just got transfers from Ohio State and USC. I guess people (not saying YOU) will feel "That's so Ohio State"?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I think it's hilarious now Illinois fans turning on him and saying good riddance when a week ago and two days ago they were all about him."

Additionally, I was referring to the posts by others of "This is so Illinois", and shit like that.

Miami just got transfers from Ohio State and USC. I guess people (not saying YOU) will feel "That's so Ohio State"?

No one saying getting transfers is bad. The heck?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
LOL all around the thread about Thomas. I am guessing that Thomas didn't get along with Richt and felt going back to Miami was the safest bet to be playing FBS football this Fall, as opposed to hoping to get a waiver from the NCAA for a hardship at Illinois.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL all around the thread about Thomas. I am guessing that Thomas didn't get along with Richt and felt going back to Miami was the safest bet to be playing FBS football this Fall, as opposed to hoping to get a waiver from the NCAA for a hardship at Illinois.

Or risking sitting a year and staying eligible.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Or risking sitting a year and staying eligible.
Yes. He would have had to drop down to D2. He isn't going tom be at Miami more than this year either. He will enter the draft, IMHO.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If I were you (or "The U"), I'd be more concerned with the maturity of Diaz than that of Thomas, who will be moving on after this season.

Someone tweeted a little video mocking Illinois, and Diaz responded to it with laughing emojis. Certainly not the biggest thing, but if I were a fan, I'd be embarrassed that my coach weighed in on that. He's supposed to be the one with maturity in a room full of 18-20 year olds.

He's a football coach. He's not a priest.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If I were you (or "The U"), I'd be more concerned with the maturity of Diaz than that of Thomas, who will be moving on after this season.

Someone tweeted a little video mocking Illinois, and Diaz responded to it with laughing emojis. Certainly not the biggest thing, but if I were a fan, I'd be embarrassed that my coach weighed in on that. He's supposed to be the one with maturity in a room full of 18-20 year olds.
Yes. Especially after he stole a previous Illinois commit (Clark). Clark actually retweeted the one that mocks Illinois. Way to burn bridges, kiddo. Your coach would be proud. The Diaz regime in Miami isn't going to last long.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was referring to the teams losing kids, not the team getting them.

It happens to even the best programs.

Who the hell is saying this about Illinois?

giphy.gif

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you read any posts other than your own?

Yes. Who in this thread is making the comments you're referring to in terms of Illinois losing players to transfer?