IST Cubs @ ARI

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Through 4 cincy seems to be doing the cubs a solid 3-1.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure I see this logic. He's going to be healthy by spring training. I mean it wouldn't shock me if they invest in the bullpen some as I believe wilson is a FA but going specifically after a closer would surprise me. I think you just build more depth and if Morrow gets hurt again so be it. The depth takes care of that with Strop or Edwards closing.

I don't see it either. Why not develop your own? Pitchers aren't born closers, they're for the most part starters that for various reasons are first turned to bullpen pitchers then to closers.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This rizzo ab is crazy fouled off 8 pitches so far
Edit: make that 11

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure I see this logic. He's going to be healthy by spring training. I mean it wouldn't shock me if they invest in the bullpen some as I believe wilson is a FA but going specifically after a closer would surprise me. I think you just build more depth and if Morrow gets hurt again so be it. The depth takes care of that with Strop or Edwards closing.

Chronic

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

But if you believe he is chronically unhealthy you don't sign him in the first place. He's here and they are paying him so you have to assume he'll be healthy. Like I said if you don't trust that and wanna invest in the rest of the bullpen fine but you don't go out and sign another closer or trade for one unless it's more of a set up guy role. Like... you don't go and trade Happ for a closer.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
61 pitches to get 6 outs. Who replaced this team with the 2016 Cubs?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
But if you believe he is chronically unhealthy you don't sign him in the first place. He's here and they are paying him so you have to assume he'll be healthy. Like I said if you don't trust that and wanna invest in the rest of the bullpen fine but you don't go out and sign another closer or trade for one unless it's more of a set up guy role. Like... you don't go and trade Happ for a closer.
They said he will be ready to go in ST..

I doubt they spend big money on another closer, i do see them making sure they have a couple guys who can close out if needed..

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
They said he will be ready to go in ST..

I doubt they spend big money on another closer, i do see them making sure they have a couple guys who can close out if needed..

Like I said, I could see them going after a good set up guy a la another Strop like guy. Someone who's not your typical closer but in a pinch works as one.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Making an easy guess here on postseason position starters..

Contreras
Rizzo
Murphy
Baez
Bryant
Schwarber/Happ
Heyward
Zobrist

Almora and Russell late inning defense

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Brewers get tying run to the plate, but fall to the Reds 3-1.

Number drops to 9.

< Insert Randy Hundley pic here>

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Even when they lose, the Brewers get the tying run to the plate every time. WTF?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
brewers get tying run to the plate, but fall to the reds 3-1.

Number drops to 9.
c9abce018743e2e22c34093ff496d7b6.jpg

< insert randy hundley pic here>

fify

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Great chance to throw some dirt on Milwaukee now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

It was a discount signing due to his injury history. No way they get that price tag if he has a Trevor Hoffman track record.

Jeurys Familia just saying