IST Cubs @ ARI

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
For the past few days I've been thinking about how the Brewers compete going forward. They really went all-in last offseason and are getting unsustainably great performances out of Cain and Yelich. Yelich for instance has hit 20 home runs in the second half, but only because 47% of his flyballs are going for HRs, which to put in perspective is twice the rate that Mike Trout converts flyballs to HRs. In other words, completely unsustainable. And then you've got Cain, who is having his best or second best season at age 32. Clearly not a trend that will continue and I expect we'll see significant regression out of him.

So if you're the Brewers, hanging close to the division lead but only due to an incredible ~12 fWAR performance by these guys, what do you do in 2019 when they only give you 6-8 fWAR? Yelich is certainly a very good player, but they're going to regret that Cain contract sooner rather than later.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
After what seems like 100 nights in hotels this year, I finally paid attention to the default screen that comes on when I turn on the TV

Found it easy to send my mlbtv from phone to the TV screen. Just in time to see Dbacks score 4 in the first.

I blame myself for this deficit. ��

disliked

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With just about 10 games left for everyone the NL Playoff picture starting to clear up..

Beginning to look like the Dodgers will win the West as the Rockies start to trip up..

Brewers and Cardinals will be the WC teams, as the Cardinals should hold off the Rockies

Brewers will probably beat the Cardinals and be a tough series for the Cubs in the NLDS

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
With just about 10 games left for everyone the NL Playoff picture starting to clear up..

Beginning to look like the Dodgers will win the West as the Rockies start to trip up..

Brewers and Cardinals will be the WC teams, as the Cardinals should hold off the Rockies

Brewers will probably beat the Cardinals and be a tough series for the Cubs in the NLDS

Rockies are by no means out of the WC race and only 1 game back in the loss column to St. Louis.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rockies are by no means out of the WC race and only 1 game back in the loss column to St. Louis.
Maybe, just seeing them losing 2 of 3 from SF, getting swept by the Dodgers and losing Story for a few more games as being a major let down for them..

This weekend could get them righted again or set them back more..
They go to Arizona while the Cardinals are home against SF

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Maybe, just seeing them losing 2 of 3 from SF, getting swept by the Dodgers and losing Story for a few more games as being a major let down for them..

This weekend could get them righted again or set them back more..
They go to Arizona while the Cardinals are home against SF

One of Colorado or St. Louis is likely to collapse. Neither have been great lately 4-6 and 5-5 respectively. With just the 1 game deficit in the loss column it could go either way which is all I was saying.

I do think Milwaukee will beat St. Louis but I think they'd lose to Colorado, even with the game being at Miller. I'd rather the Cubs play Colorado but if it's Milwaukee so be it. They should still win that series.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Rockies are our only hope to knock the Cardinals out right now.

Not sure what that means. The Cubs are a much better team than the Cardinals, they don't scare me. Frankly the Brewers don't either even though if I had my druthers we wouldn't play either team that we've matched up with 19 times in the NLDS.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I legitimately would be curious to see any other team in the league play 30 games in 30 days and go 18-11 including 16 on the road and travel to a new city 10 times, including twice going to a city for a single game. I mean I don't think many fans realize how crazy that is. Setting aside the ridiculous scheduling, that's a .621 win% which is a 101 pace. You then throw the grueling schedule on top of that and it's just really improbable to play that well.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not sure what that means. The Cubs are a much better team than the Cardinals, they don't scare me. Frankly the Brewers don't either even though if I had my druthers we wouldn't play either team that we've matched up with 19 times in the NLDS.

I would prefer the cardinals have another year of not making the playoffs. Its one of those streaks like the Detroit Red Wings making the playoffs for 20 some years in a row.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I legitimately would be curious to see any other team in the league play 30 games in 30 days and go 18-11 including 16 on the road and travel to a new city 10 times, including twice going to a city for a single game. I mean I don't think many fans realize how crazy that is. Setting aside the ridiculous scheduling, that's a .621 win% which is a 101 pace. You then throw the grueling schedule on top of that and it's just really improbable to play that well.

The key word in your statement is play.

How many of us would work our jobs and still play 30 games of baseball a month.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The key word in your statement is play.

How many of us would work our jobs and still play 30 games of baseball a month.

Do you know how absurd that sounds? This is their JOB. You might call it play all you want but the fact is that this is what they do for a living. They should feel privileged that they received an opportunity to best utilize their skill set working in a field that they love, but it isn't play for them. I have many friends who are working musicians, most of them are taken away from their families for weeks at a time to earn their living. It isn't glamorous, it isn't a non-stop party, it is work. Baseball players are no different. 30 days straight of WORK is rough on anyone no matter what you do. Your attempt at trying to dismiss it because their work happens to be playing a game is asinine.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Right my choices would be
Cardinals
Brewers
Rockies
Dodgers
For NLDS

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Which is why before this started i simply said that they just needed to survive this and stay afloat...
Avoid any losing streak and they should be ok with the final 10 games..

It hit a sticking point when they lost the 2 series to the Brewers but since then, Cubs stepped up and Brewers stumbled a bit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Seems it will be.

WC: STL VS Mil. Winner plays CHC.

WC vs EC winner.

So the 5 game series should be the biggest challenge.

I was thinking it over and it would be tempting to go 3 man for that series and make Hamels close games. That gives more time for Strop to mend up for the League series.

Lester/Hendricks/Quintana.

Thu., Oct. 4: NLDS A, Game 1 (FS1 or MLBN)
Thu., Oct. 4: NLDS B, Game 1 (FS1 or MLBN)
Fri., Oct. 5: NLDS A, Game 2 (FS1 or MLBN)
Fri., Oct. 5: NLDS B, Game 2 (FS1 or MLBN)
Fri., Oct. 5: ALDS A, Game 1 (TBS)
Fri., Oct. 5: ALDS B, Game 1 (TBS)
Sat., Oct. 6: ALDS A, Game 2 (TBS)
Sat., Oct. 6: ALDS B, Game 2 (TBS)
Sun., Oct. 7: NLDS A, Game 3 (FS1 or MLBN)
Sun., Oct. 7: NLDS B, Game 3 (FS1 or MLBN)
Mon., Oct. 8: NLDS A, Game 4* (FS1)
Mon., Oct. 8: NLDS B, Game 4*(FS1)
Mon., Oct. 8: ALDS A, Game 3 (TBS)
Mon., Oct. 8: ALDS B, Game 3 (TBS)
Tue., Oct. 9: ALDS A, Game 4* (TBS)
Tue., Oct. 9: ALDS B, Game 4* (TBS)
Wed., Oct. 10: NLDS A, Game 5* (FS1)
Wed., Oct. 10: NLDS B, Game 5* (FS1)
Thu., Oct. 11: ALDS A, Game 5* (TBS)
Thu., Oct. 11: ALDS B, Game 5* (TBS)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So no east coast team? Screw job of the year there.
Probably because the Braves will be playing either the Dodgers or Rockies in the NLDS as division winners..

You think of that