Morrow Done, Darvish Done, Chatwood rode hard put away wet

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought there was a Morrow thread going, and I probably just missed it, I remember Morrow hurting his back putting pants on earlier in the year, but they claimed Bicep fatigue, or inflamation, when exactly was it reported that he had a bone bruise. I dont remember him getting hit with a line drive at 114 mph off the bat. Was this ever reported as a bone bruise or when he actually got it?

This year would be a disaster without Cole and Chavez and the return of the Justin Wilson we traded for.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I have a suspicion that the bullpen will be our undoing in the NLDS. Hope I'm wrong.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought there was a Morrow thread going, and I probably just missed it, I remember Morrow hurting his back putting pants on earlier in the year, but they claimed Bicep fatigue, or inflamation, when exactly was it reported that he had a bone bruise. I dont remember him getting hit with a line drive at 114 mph off the bat. Was this ever reported as a bone bruise or when he actually got it?

This year would be a disaster without Cole and Chavez and the return of the Justin Wilson we traded for.

It's amazing what Joe has been able to do given the limited number and ever changing arms he's had to navigate through.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I have a suspicion that the bullpen will be our undoing in the NLDS. Hope I'm wrong.
Be the bullpen and also which offense decides to show up in a series..

They still have too many guys trying to figure it out, and if Baez and or Rizzo go cold they could be in big trouble

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Be the bullpen and also which offense decides to show up in a series..

They still have too many guys trying to figure it out, and if Baez and or Rizzo go cold they could be in big trouble

Is there a MLB team who wouldn't be in big trouble if 2 of their 3 best hitters went cold in a series?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Is there a MLB team who wouldn't be in big trouble if 2 of their 3 best hitters went cold in a series?
Most of the time yes, not always..
Playoff teams usually have "others " that pick up the slack when the main guys slump..

Just look at the 2016 NLDS
Bryant played well
But they also had 2 rookies in Contreras and Baez come up big while the vets struggled in series vs Giants.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bryant has picked up his game recently also.

Baez and Rizzo matter but it is not all about them. Murphy, Bryant and Zobrist all have equal impact on winning.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I’m guessing that they are going in with the mentality of they have the talent and great players step up when the stakes are higher. Morrow was dumpster trash before last year. You never know who will shine. All you can do is provide talent and they have that in the pen. They just don’t have a proven commodity

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
so has anyone else even heard of this being a bone bruise to Morrow? The main point of this was to see if anyone else had that information back in June. I know he hurt himself putting pants on earlier in the year, but was this guy rooming with Addison Russell?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
so has anyone else even heard of this being a bone bruise to Morrow? The main point of this was to see if anyone else had that information back in June. I know he hurt himself putting pants on earlier in the year, but was this guy rooming with Addison Russell?

That is the LAST time I want to hear Addison Russell automatically assumed to be a physically abusive maniac. Period.

It's not funny, and it's attempting to be just as abusive towards the man as he is accused (not proven, accused) of being to someone else.

It stops now.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
That is the LAST time I want to hear Addison Russell automatically assumed to be a physically abusive maniac. Period.

It's not funny, and it's attempting to be just as abusive towards the man as he is accused (not proven, accused) of being to someone else.

It stops now.

Well he is on administrative leave now. Cubs likely won't have him for the playoffs. Our playoff depth continues to take a beating (no pun intended).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It stops now.

His screen name answers it all......