Baker Mayfield eliminates excuses

Wakefire

Liked Posts:
And I say this as a bears fan. Bear down and stop acting like middle school girls

Reactions: Myk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I never said that... I stated earlier that I hope he does turn out to be the real deal. However as a fan I’m discussing what I’m seeing now. Just as other fans & football observers around the country are discussing Trubisky. I’m not going to sugar coat it just because I’m a Bears fan.

You said directly what you expect of him as a #2 overall pick..... how is that not what you said? Derp.

If you want to argue he was drafted too early that’s fine but you can’t say he won’t continue to develop or cunt about his rate because he was drafted #2 overall.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You said directly what you expect of him as a #2 overall pick..... how is that not what you said? Derp.

If you want to argue he was drafted too early that’s fine but you can’t say he won’t continue to develop or cunt about his rate because he was drafted #2 overall.

This seems to be the same problem with Cutler. As soon as he got the bad contract everyone started bitching non-stop.
Trubisky could be as bad as the many QBs drafted #1, had pedestrian careers but good enough to stick, but because the Bears drafting a QB #2 has been so rare since 1951 if we don't get a great one with the only try to get a great one in 67 years doesn't provide the next Peyton Manning faster than the first Peyton Manning he's a bust.
If we end up with Stafford with the #2 but someone else gets Newton with a lower pick, not necessarily a better QB but the team goes to the Super Bowl, we got a bust.
And unless he's is being touted as a great one, as soon as Trubisky gets a vet contract he's going to be a bust and even more will be bitching.

If Trubisky was drafted in the 7th round playing the exact same way these idiots would love him. It's all about the value even though they're not the ones paying.
We almost beat the Packers in the first game of a new offense and they're bitching about it instead of seeing where this could be heading.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would say the collected wisdom of former NFL players and coaches is more likely to be accurate than 20 crying Mole_Eye nut huggers on CCS.

Maybe you're getting wisdom. Or maybe you're getting time filler to sell ads.
But if you think they're giving you wisdom I once again have to ask why you follow the Bears? I only remember that collection of former players and coaches on the Bear bandwagon once 33 years ago. Listen to the wisdom and follow an AFC team or the Packers.
Don't try to enlighten us blind Bear nuthuggers with your ESPN wisdom, follow the wisdom and strap a wedge of cheese on your head. Go slurp the nuts of Rodgers or whoever else is presently winning that week. That's what the ones you've put in charge of your brain do.

I was contrasting former NFL players and coaches to some CCS posters and you are going with some CCS posters to have better insight? Cool.

:lmao:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I was contrasting former NFL players and coaches to some CCS posters and you are going with some CCS posters to have better insight? Cool.

:lmao:

Actually I'm going with my own brain and eyes rather than people willing to tell you anything to get clicks or sell ads. You should try it.

Do you really think when Aikmen tells you he knows what a play was that he would know because he's a former player but the opposing coach wouldn't know?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Do you really think when Aikmen tells you he knows what a play was that he would know because he's a former player but the opposing coach wouldn't know?

I have no idea what that has to do with CCS experts. If you're asking if Troy Aikman knows more about football than you do, yes, of course, not even close. Based on this thread, I feel strongly that I know more about football than you do. Mitch has not played well, that is what I have seen and I trust my eyes on that, the fact that the rest of the world agrees with me and thinks you're a delusional homer, that's just gravy.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who said he wont continue to develop?

Let me talk slow for you so your brain can catch up.

“After 14 starts he should be further along.”

“Also all QBs develop to some degree. So the fact that he will develop doesn’t mean he will develop into a good QB.”

“I hope he does as a Bear fan but, like a mother with a 2 year old toddler, seeing 6 month old infants comprehend faster than her 2 year old toddler is concerning.”

You are a little sensitive. I see why they call you “SugarWalls”.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, there was that lucky ass toos up to Cohen for 17 yards the other day.

You just killed any credibility that you may have had here, in being seen as objective, with that sentence. That was a perfectly thrown, and placed ball.

A “lucky” toss up, would’ve been something more along the lines of a ball that was deflected into Cohen’s hands.

Of all things that throw was, “lucky” was not a one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You just killed any credibility that you may have had here, in being seen as objective, with that sentence. That was a perfectly thrown, and placed ball.

A “lucky” toss up, would’ve been something more along the lines of a ball that was deflected into Cohen’s hands.

I’m very balanced on my view of Trubisky, but you’re right in that when other young QBs make a good play, it’s “a perfectly-placed ball” (Mayfield’s downfield throw that literally almost hit the defender in the helmet), but when Trubisky does it, it’s “lucky”. See also the great pass in preseason to where only Miller could get it.

In any case, time will tell. It seems to me that by the end of this year, we should have a pretty damn big sample size to draw feasible conclusions. I think I know what those conclusions will be, but I’m more than happy to just wait and see and evaluate.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I’m very balanced on my view of Trubisky, but you’re right in that when other young QBs make a good play, it’s “a perfectly-placed ball” (Mayfield’s downfield throw that literally almost hit the defender in the helmet), but when Trubisky does it, it’s “lucky”. See also the great pass in preseason to where only Miller could get it.

In any case, time will tell. It seems to me that by the end of this year, we should have a pretty damn big sample size to draw feasible conclusions. I think I know what those conclusions will be, but I’m more than happy to just wait and see and evaluate.

You talking about the Landry catch? It was more of a great catch than a great throw. The DB never got his head around.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what that has to do with CCS experts. If you're asking if Troy Aikman knows more about football than you do, yes, of course, not even close. Based on this thread, I feel strongly that I know more about football than you do. Mitch has not played well, that is what I have seen and I trust my eyes on that, the fact that the rest of the world agrees with me and thinks you're a delusional homer, that's just gravy.

Based on you clipping the quote I feel strongly that you only see what you want to see. I don't think I've said Trubisky has played great. I've only said give him time.
If he was actually playing like crap all the time or even most of the time I would gladly say that's enough time. Remember, I'm the one who was willing to use the first round pick on another QB this year to have competition and trade the loser or keep him as a valid backup for the rookie contract. No player is above upgrading.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Nah, it was lucky. And not perfectly placed either. If it was perfectly placed, it would not have pulled Cohen out of bounds.

Sorry, you're very very wrong about things related to football.

You deserve to be banned. I do hope one of our new mods sees this and takes appropriate action.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, it was lucky. And not perfectly placed either. If it was perfectly placed, it would not have pulled Cohen out of bounds.

You deserve to be banned. I do hope one of our new mods sees this and takes appropriate action.

Fascist.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Goff did not start the season as an MVP candidate, he finished it that way.

Goff over his first 7 games of the season with McVay

60.9%, 245 yards, 1.3 TDs, .7 Turnovers

Hardly MVP numbers to start the season last year.

In those seven games the Rams scored over 30 points per game. Goff was on fire.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's wrong about a lot more than that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol first of all your post is the post that is “stupid as hell”. I expect from the #2 pick in his 2nd year what I see from a rookie QB in his 1st game. Also what I saw from two other QBs drafted after Mitch. And if not that then more then what I have seen (I guess that’s explosive to you).

Maybe this is why the Bears QBs have been so bad because, fans like you don’t expect from them what other successful rookie & 2nd year QBs are doing. If that’s the case then they should just draft a QB in the 4th rnd, where there are low expectations. Lol. Smh

Sure, because it's all about the fans expectations. Phrases like that are troll worthy.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Succinctly and well stated fact.

Grimson’s comment is directed at my political views, which away from football, lean more in the same direction as your’s. And yet you’re to dense to pick up on it. Mongo is a fitting name.

Furthermore, going back to that so called “lucky” throw to Cohen. Mitch hit Cohen in stride, with a good 3 yards of grass between him and the sideline.

I suggest you re-watch that play. Cohen’s bobble/stumble is what drug him out of bounds.

2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKIHoo7c-8

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Grimson’s comment is directed at my political views, which away from football, lean more in the same direction as your’s. And yet you’re to dense to pick up on it. Mongo is a fitting name.

Furthermore, going back to that so called “lucky” throw to Cohen. Mitch hit Cohen in stride, with a good 3 yards of grass between him and the sideline.

I suggest you re-watch that play. Cohen’s bobble/stumble is what drug him out of bounds.

2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKIHoo7c-8

Lets try not to bring up politics in a football forum.... the new nods are already looking into your previous malfeasance.

As a side note, he threw that ball badly and to the outside. Cohen had to spin completely around to make an incredible catch.

Again, he is lucky he had a great receiver on the end of that lucky throw.