Baker Mayfield eliminates excuses

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Nah, it was lucky. And not perfectly placed either. If it was perfectly placed, it would not have pulled Cohen out of bounds.

Sorry, you're very very wrong about things related to football.

You deserve to be banned. I do hope one of our new mods sees this and takes appropriate action.

How was it lucky? Sure, it wasn't perfectly placed, but that doesn't mean it was lucky.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I already explained this. It was lucky that he had a great receiver who could adjust to the errant throw.

That's pretty much every good QB on the planet. You can't have a great offense with only a great QB. You can't have a great offense with only great WRs. It's a team game.

Trubisky seeing that dump indicates he can see and Cohen can put himself in the right place. There is potential here.
If the people would put their money where there mouth is and go follow these teams of the QBs they desire I'm absolutely sure they would not see the perfection they demand from Bears players at any position.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That's pretty much every good QB on the planet. You can't have a great offense with only a great QB. You can't have a great offense with only great WRs. It's a team game.

But you can have a bad team when you have a bad QB even if the rest of the team is great.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm reserving judgement on the QB position till midway through the season...I see things I like from Trubisky(ball placement, better pocket presence). And I see things that I don't like(happy feet, Cutler-like throws, sailing intermediate throws and under throwing deep passes). I feel like he & Nagy are figuring things out from a game management aspect right now.

This is almost exactly my thoughts as well.

I don't think it's fair yet to lean heavily on one side or the other.

What's been really impressing me is Nagy. I think he is playing this situation like a sav. He's utilizing the tools at his disposal in a logical manner, in a way that allows Trubisky to have enough of a safety net as he needs while still allowing him to be "the guy" when needed.

Everything LOOKS like typical growing pains.. I don't understand what's to be upset about yet.

I'll be right there with everyone, pitchfork in hand.. if/when it's time to be. The Bears are realllllllly screwed if Trubs doesn't work out.

Reactions: Myk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets try not to bring up politics in a football forum.... the new nods are already looking into your previous malfeasance.

As a side note, he threw that ball badly and to the outside. Cohen had to spin completely around to make an incredible catch.

Again, he is lucky he had a great receiver on the end of that lucky throw.

You need to temper your hopes of me getting banned. Here, like football, you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

As for that play, it was broken. Mitch bailed out at the right time. 99 was held, had he not been, and Mitch didn’t break free when he did, it would’ve been a sack.

The throw was money, and had Cohen not stumbled, the play would’ve easily went for another 30.

But all means, double down on your hyperbole...or stupidity. At this point, I can’t tell the difference with you, any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is almost exactly my thoughts as well.

I don't think it's fair yet to lean heavily on one side or the other.

What's been really impressing me is Nagy. I think he is playing this situation like a sav. He's utilizing the tools at his disposal in a logical manner, in a way that allows Trubisky to have enough of a safety net as he needs while still allowing him to be "the guy" when needed.

Everything LOOKS like typical growing pains.. I don't understand what's to be upset about yet.

I'll be right there with everyone, pitchfork in hand.. if/when it's time to be. The Bears are realllllllly screwed if Trubs doesn't work out.

Before Pace signed Mack I said Pace's future is tied to Mole-Eye. If MT isn't a franchise QB, you start over, does Pace get a second shot at finding a QB because of the Mack signing? That's another 5 years, the core of this team will be in their 30's. That's if Pace gets it right next time, If Mitch busts that means Pace went Glennon then #2 pick and a couple years on a bust. That would be a strong indication QB is Paces blind spot.

Reallllllly screwed to put it mildly.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Before Pace signed Mack I said Pace's future is tied to Mole-Eye. If MT isn't a franchise QB, you start over, does Pace get a second shot at finding a QB because of the Mack signing? That's another 5 years, the core of this team will be in their 30's. That's if Pace gets it right next time, If Mitch busts that means Pace went Glennon then #2 pick and a couple years on a bust. That would be a strong indication QB is Paces blind spot.

Reallllllly screwed to put it mildly.
I don't see a scenario that includes Trubs being a bust that doesn't end in Pace gone. He'd have to be, his record is atrocious up to this point.

That's why whether or not anyone agrees, the trade for Mack was Pace's best option.

His fate is tied to Mitch, not what he would have drafted with these next 2 1st round picks.

He either screwed the pooch royally, and the bears are fucked, or... Mitch works out and the Bears can be contenders as soon as next season. We just don't know yet.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't see a scenario that includes Trubs being a bust that doesn't end in Pace gone. He'd have to be, his record is atrocious up to this point.

That's why whether or not anyone agrees, the trade for Mack was Pace's best option.

His fate is tied to Mitch, not what he would have drafted with these next 2 1st round picks.

He either screwed the pooch royally, and the bears are fucked, or... Mitch works out and the Bears can be contenders as soon as next season. We just don't know yet.

Unless he was tied to Cutler (he was because of the contract) and to Fox (possibly) by the owners. In that case Mack's trade really tied him to Trubisky because he has no picks to jump from that ship.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unless he was tied to Cutler (he was because of the contract) and to Fox (possibly) by the owners. In that case Mack's trade really tied him to Trubisky because he has no picks to jump from that ship.
Probably true on Cutler. Possibly true on Fox.

I still don't think he'd get another shot with another QB. His record is just too bad.. are we confident the Bears beat the Seahawks without Mack? Is the GB game even close? Mack's good enough for probably 2 wins on his own over a 16 game season..

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You need to temper your hopes of me getting banned. Here, like football, you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

As for that play, it was broken. Mitch bailed out at the right time. 99 was held, had he not been, and Mitch didn’t break free when he did, it would’ve been a sack.

The throw was money, and had Cohen not stumbled, the play would’ve easily went for another 30.

But all means, double down on your hyperbole...or stupidity. At this point, I can’t tell the difference with you, any longer.

It wasn't a broken play. He held the ball to long...

The throw was shit. But luckily Cohen was able to turn his body completely around while running full speed to make a spectacular catch. however, even thought he made a drive saving catch, because the ball was so poorly thrown, he was taken out of bounds.

A well thrown ball would have been 6.

And let's not get into name calling. It is beneath you. And you're already on notice with the new mods.

Quit hitting the cracked ice your standing on with a hammer.

You've been warned.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wasn't a broken play. He held the ball to long...

The throw was shit. But luckily Cohen was able to turn his body completely around while running full speed to make a spectacular catch. however, even thought he made a drive saving catch, because the ball was so poorly thrown, he was taken out of bounds.

A well thrown ball would have been 6.

And let's not get into name calling. It is beneath you. And you're already on notice with the new mods.

Quit hitting the cracked ice your standing on with a hammer.

You've been warned.

My bad

Go fuck yourself.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Probably true on Cutler. Possibly true on Fox.

I still don't think he'd get another shot with another QB. His record is just too bad.. are we confident the Bears beat the Seahawks without Mack? Is the GB game even close? Mack's good enough for probably 2 wins on his own over a 16 game season..

I don't think the owners could stop him from drafting another first round QB.

Mack wasn't a bad deal, you have to get him. I'm just saying not having a first round pick through Trubisky's contract is what ties him to Trubisky because there's no other choice. Likewise it ties him through Trubisky's contract because nobody will want to come here with no picks.
Pace's contract was extended through 2021. Trubisky's 4th year is 2021. We get a 1st round pick again in 2021. Maybe the reason he pushed all in was because of all that lining up to be his final judgement.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think the owners could stop him from drafting another first round QB.

Mack wasn't a bad deal, you have to get him. I'm just saying not having a first round pick through Trubisky's contract is what ties him to Trubisky. Likewise it buys him through Trubisky's contract because nobody will want to come here with no picks.
Pace's contract was extended through 2021. Trubisky's 4th year is 2021. We get a 1st round pick again in 2021. Maybe the reason he pushed all in was because of all that lining up to be his final judgement.
I agree.

Pace read the cards in his hand and made the best play he could to secure his job for as long as he could. He went all-in. Kudos to him.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was the best move for the Bears, though.

We'll have to wait to see. We'll have a better idea of which direction this is headed by the end of the season. Trubs needs to start some serious progression, soon.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I agree.

Pace read the cards in his hand and made the best play he could to secure his job for as long as he could. He went all-in. Kudos to him.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was the best move for the Bears, though.

We'll have to wait to see. We'll have a better idea of which direction this is headed by the end of the season. Trubs needs to start some serious progression, soon.

Haven't seen him play yet but I would've seriously considered Rosen with the #8 as my move to hedge the bet that I get a QB. I think success at QB would save his job beyond 2021 a lot better than Mack does. Plus he'd still have 2 more firsts to play with (or still get Mack with).

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Haven't seen him play yet but I would've seriously considered Rosen with the #8 as my move to hedge the bet that I get a QB. I think success at QB would save his job beyond 2021 a lot better than Mack does. Plus he'd still have 2 more firsts to play with (or still get Mack with).

It all comes back to if you think the Bears org would have given him time with another QB. Personally I don't. I think he could've been gone as soon as this coming off-season. More probable would be next off-season.

Probably not now.

It's literally Trubs or die for him now.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It all comes back to if you think the Bears org would have given him time with another QB. Personally I don't. I think he could've been gone as soon as this coming off-season. More probable would be next off-season.

Probably not now.

It's literally Trubs or die for him now.

The owners probably don't drop him with years left. Maybe with 1 year left. So a 2018 rookie to compete with the 2017 rookie would allow him to play/develope the best one.
Of course if he busts on both then he's really screwed.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WE didn't get Mayfield. WE got Trubisky. Trubisky was known to have little experience and would take a while.

If you want to watch Mayfield you should stop following the Bears and start following the Browns. If you want to watch Mahomes, Watson, Darnold or any other QB go follow those teams.
If you continue following the Bears that is your acceptance that you will be watching Trubisky who needs time. He is not those other QBs.

There may be a time for this incessant whining about Trubisky but it is not his 2nd year when we won't have a 1st round pick for another 2 drafts.
Get over it or get out.

This x10

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Mack trade was great, I think the Nagy hire will be good, but, hypothetically if Mitch is not the man Pace's track record with QB's will be too horrible to give him another chance.

Glennon F
If the overall 2nd pick busts F
Daniel I don't know C

Hey Ryan, thanks for Nagy and Mack, now
:gtfo:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I already explained this. It was lucky that he had a great receiver who could adjust to the errant throw.

"errant throw"

Jesus fucking Christ...

lALjJj5.gif